• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gravity Rush

Years
  • Gravity Rush

Release Date: Out Now
    Platform: PS Vita
    Developers: SCE Japan Studio

"The game is set in the fictitious, floating town of Hekseville. The story begins showing the player character, a girl called Kat, who has lost her memory. She then runs into a mysterious black cat that gives her the power to control gravity. Kat will use this ability in order to protect people from the threat of a Gravity Storm and the Nevi monsters that have appeared along with it."

Gravity Rush is a action role-playing game for the PS Vita, which has a girl called Kat, who is given the power to control gravity.
    This gift causes the game to open up on such a level that hasn't really been explored before, not in this depth.

The insperation from the game, is explained by director Keiichiro Toyama:

"The game was directed by Keiichiro Toyama, previously known for creating survival horror games such as Silent Hill and Siren. He stated in an interview that he conceptualized the idea for Gravity Rush more than ten years before its eventual release, describing it as the first game he wanted to create, pre-dating his work on Silent Hill. He cited Moebius's French comics he read in his youth as an inspiration for the Gravity Rush world, referring to one of his comic books that had "images of people floating in space" as an influence. Anime and American comics were both an influece for the characters. However, Toyama avoided them to be "completely Japanese" for a better acceptance outside the land of rising sun."

What do you think about this game? Some of you might not have a Vita, but do you like the look of it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    ASDFGHJKL;

WELL AS YOU CAN SEE I LOVE THIS GAME.

But seriously, it's so wonderful. The music is amazing, the graphics are astounding and the storyline is amazing and I want to play more and more and more and more but I've already finished it but the DLC isn't enough and there's a maid costume DLC coming up and I just want it right now and why does japan have all the good things before the west does and they just tease us and I JUST WANT TO KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME

I actually wrote a review on my blog

BUT IT'S A WONDERFUL GAME EVERYONE SHOULD GO BUY A VITA AND PLAY IT BECAUSE IT'S SO WONDERFUL!!!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Well I now have a good enough reason to get a PS Vita, kind of reminds me of Bayonetta a bit though tbh but I see nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The game looks really good, it's one of them "wow that looks different and fun" type of games. And not your general "yay another FPS, yay another racer".

If I get a Vita sometime in the future I'll likely pick this game up (even if I don't play handhelds anymore and likely wouldn't beat the game XD).

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I want the Vita mainly for the P4 game, but I demo'd Gravity Rush, and ohmygod it was soooo fun. XD though I was in the middle of the game store with Kilroywuzheere (PC name ofc), and I was making audible screams while trying to float around. XDD So trippy. /phone post typos ahoy!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's insanely fun to play. It's probably the only game that I've found fun just to explore and nothing else, but that's not to say that it isn't an amazing game in general. The combat is probably the worst part, but it's still serviceable and works very well.

Oh, and the costume DLC looks pretty good, but I think the original Kat is still the best.

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • Just got it yesterday and loving it. The characters are just so awesome! Its like Catherine meets Persona 4 with some Jet Set Radio tossed in. Its great! :)

Back