• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Great Marsh

Years
    So D/P introduced a new concept for the Safari Zone. Instead of the stereotypical savvanah filled with Pokemon like Dodrio and Rhyhorn, we got a murky marshland filled with insects, creatures who thrive in mud and a few birds thrown in. So, what did everyone think of the great marsh? Did you like how different it was from the other Safari Zones?

Personally, I didn't find it to be fun at all. I didn't really love the Pokemon that could be found there and I didn't like having to trek through the mud to find the rare Pokemon there. It was still a pretty cool idea, though.

1Roxas

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    The Great Marsh was okay, except that I kept on getting stuck in the mud which made me lose interest in it and the pokemon found there weren't too appealing either (besides Croagunk and Skorupi.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It smelled like poop. lol jk. But it did look like poop. And I really hated it. I felt like the variety was a bit stale, cause Wooper, Quagsire, Bidoof, and Bibarel were common elsewhere, so it was just like "okay why are you here." Plus getting stuck in the mud sucked. I think if they had removed that, it would have been better. I mean, Pokemon never has much realism to it, so I see what they were going for when they did the mud like that, but...still. lol This is one of those situations where it was unnecessary.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    yeah, i liked the old safari zone more than the marsh

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
    The idea of dumping yourself into the mud didn't really appeal to me.. Well, its only a game I know but I don't really like the concept of the Great Marsh.. its just.. too messy :s

And I hate the fact that if you walked into the darker marsh, you have to get yourself out by facing different directions just to get out then before you knew it, you're right into the mud again.. annoying..

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I have no opinion on the great marsh. I went in, looked around, tried to catch some Pokemon and then left and never went back.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'll agree that it wasn't that enjoyable for me - the whole 'hey you're stuck in the mud AGAIN!' thing was annoying overall and Biberal doesn't make for a great Pokemon to run into when that happens as well. =p Out of all the safari zones this is the one I like the least, really.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Stupid idea. "Hey, let's combine the aggravation of the whole dumb "Rock/Bait" style of capturing with the aggravation of getting stuck in mud!"

Somehow they made a bad thing worse with this travesty...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Pretty much with what everybody has said, getting stuck into the Mud was a pain in the butt. I got so tired of it that I decided to never go back in there even in Pokemon Platinum. I had to find other methods into finding the Pokemon that I would usually find in the Great Marsh

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Due to the sheer stupidity of getting stuck in the mud, I've wasted so much time trying to complete the pokedex on platinum. And I refuse to tap my way into encountering a pokemon. I'll trudge around in the sludge till something hits me!

Though it is annoying, in terms of realism, Nintendo gets an A+ from me. <:

Years
    The Great Marsh had more potential, but it missed out on it by being so small and having a mediocre selection of Pokemon. It just wasn't as appealing as previous incarnations. Once I caught all the Pokemon in that area, I left with no intentions of coming back. :/

Back