• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings from Australia!

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Hi guys!

My nickname's Tash and I'm 18 years old, living in, yep, you guessed it; Australia.

I began playing Pokemon at 13, with my first game being Pokemon Emerald. I was a little late to the games, but nonetheless, loved it. I mostly come here to look at all the new hacks being released, since I love Pokemon and have played through all the games. There is some really awesome stuff here.

Someday, I'd like to make my own hack, though I'm pretty new to the whole hacking business. Funny story, I think the first time I hacked a ROM was when I was playing Emerald, and I played through the whole game with a massively overpowered Moltres (no idea why, lol). It was my only fighting Pokemon but I somehow won the game.

I think Pokemon is a good hobby to keep my occupied. Its the only type of game(s) I'm decent at.

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm saying so I'll ask a random question: Who was your first starter and what was the reason for it?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Hey Tash, welcome to PC! Always great to see other Australians here 8) I'm from Melbourne myself!

Haha starting with Emerald isn't that late - there are heaps and heaps of people who have only recently come to the franchise with BW or XY! Did you get the chance to play ORAS? If so, how did you find it, compared to Emerald?

Thanks for the random question 8) I started with Blue and my first starter was Squirtle - I watched the anime and loved Ash's Squirtle and wanted one of my own :P I also liked Water-types so Squirtle ticked both of the boxes!

Catch you around, Tash!

Years
    Hello from yet another Australian! I'm from WA though xD

Anyway, I'd love to chat so feel free to drop me a VM. We're a friendly bunch here so I think you'll fit in just fine.

To answer you question, my first ever starter was Treecko. It had my favourite design go the three Hoenn starters and still does to this very day. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hello from another Australian! I'm also from Melbourne, glad to have you with us! My first starter was Totodile as my first game was Gold! I found the concept of a little crocodile pretty cool, so I chose him! Feraligatr is one of my favourite Pokemon because of it.

If you need anything, feel free to send me a message. I hope to see you around some time. :)

Years
    Another Australian member here! Sydney represent by the way.

Anyways, nice to meet you too Tash! I hope you are feeling great considering you joined given the announcement of the new generation of Pokemon games, plus the 20th anniversary celebrations of Pokemon also going down. If you're interested in making a hack, our folks down at the ROM Hacking section are happy to show you around and give you tips.

That said, have a great weekend and best of luck with your hack projects!

Years
    Hi there Tash, it's a pleasure to see you've joined us here on PC :) We have a lot of members from down under, and some of our forum staff is from Australia as well!

Ah, Emerald is my favorite Pokémon game~! What makes me love it is how complete the postgame is, especially with the Battle Frontier and the ability to keep doing contests, which never grow old on me n___n

I definitely hope to see you stick around with us, so feel free to browse around and make yourself at home! You're also more than welcome to leave me a visitor message on my profile as well if you ever want to chat or just say hi!

See you around~! ♥

Back