• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings from Canada

Years
  • Hello all. I'm 19 years old and was addicted to pokemon anime and games when I was younger(good old first 151 pokemon times :) but with the new release of 3DS I grabbed pokemon white as well as sf4 :) I must say i was SO lost when I first played p. white. I think my last pokemon game was Pokemon red on my Gameboy(not even color :D). The graphics and everything improved alot :) So I'm here to gain some exp. and maybe some friends to teach me the new battling stuff with the new 300+ pokemons. It's great to be here. Hope to talk to you real soon.

-Hellblazer

Years
  • Hi there Hellblazer! Nice to have you here at the ultimate poking-community. :p

Maybe you'd like to join us at the Pokemon Anime section and participate in the ongoing discussions. The guys there are discussion whether Misty should return back; that should be something of your interest, since you used to watch the Anime earlier.

Oh my! You played Pokemon after such a long while?! The new features might have surprised you totally. :p You could participate in some discussions of the vast multitude of thread in the Pokemon B/W forum. And if you're looking for the new battling strategies and stuff, this forum should be the right one for you!

Anyways, nice to have you here and I hope I'll meet you somewhere in the forums. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Woohoo! Another original Pokemon lover! I mean, obviously the first 151 Pokemon are the best of them all, being the original and all. I can't believe I'm saying this and I never even played the first two games of Pokemon! :o

So yeah, welcome aboard! :D

I remember watching the anime sometimes. I had two videos of the Pokemon anime, which both had three episodes on them each. I remember the first episode I watched as well, which was quite a shocking experience. It introduced me to a show where they burn lots of buildings down and have many cross-dressers or something. All I remember is Ash disguised himself as a girl to sneak into the gym. I actually watched some of it today, where they board the St. Anne in Vermillion City. The episode baffled me, as apparently someone forfeiting ends in a draw. I came to the conclusion that he has a fancy hat, which makes this so. :P

Make sure you bring a towel read the rules, located here, and have a great time here! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have. ^_^

Years
  • Hi there Hellblazer! Nice to have you here at the ultimate poking-community. :p
    Thank you very much for directing me to specific ways.I had to delete the entire quote because it didn't let me post URLs even in quotes. The community is quite big indeed.As for the pokemon white. I'm trying to get the hang of it.I'm sad that I haven't bump into any gen I pokemon.

Woohoo! Another original Pokemon lover! I mean, obviously the first 151 Pokemon are the best of them all, being the original and all. I can't believe I'm saying this and I never even played the first two games of Pokemon! :o

So yeah, welcome aboard! :D

I remember watching the anime sometimes. I had two videos of the Pokemon anime, which both had three episodes on them each. I remember the first episode I watched as well, which was quite a shocking experience. It introduced me to a show where they burn lots of buildings down and have many cross-dressers or something. All I remember is Ash disguised himself as a girl to sneak into the gym. I actually watched some of it today, where they board the St. Anne in Vermillion City. The episode baffled me, as apparently someone forfeiting ends in a draw. I came to the conclusion that he has a fancy hat, which makes this so. :P

Make sure you bring a towel read the rules, located here, and have a great time here! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have. ^_^
    Thanks for the warm welcome :) I definitely should find a website or a place to rent the first season and have some nostalgia time with ash and his team :) Like I said, when I was younger I couldn't watch anything else but pokemon. Now with the release of 3DS I didn't want to abandon my pokemon roots :D I went to the store with street fighter 4 in mind, but then when I went in I saw a huge platform of pokemon black/white. "Buy here and get a code for a new pokemon" or something close to that :)(Sorry don't remember the name right now starts with V i think :D) Now I am playing pokemon everywhere except in class :D

I can relate with your story! I'm a bit younger than you though, and I have an older brother so my interest in Pokemon has had a longer range, but since most of my friends are non-Pokemon players, I gave it up for a while. When I get further in the game, we definitely should battle or trade! Oh, and Canada is awesome. XD
    I just started playing yesterday and got my first badge. So I'm a newbie myself.My actual GOAL is to bump into a first generation pokemon but no luck.I'd probably had an heart attack if I bumped into charmender :D I'm not sure if Black user battle against White user but when I get the experience and pokemon we totally can battle or trade :)

Last edited by a moderator:

momoa

Casual Pokefan
    Years
  • I can relate with your story! I'm a bit younger than you though, and I have an older brother so my interest in Pokemon has had a longer range, but since most of my friends are non-Pokemon players, I gave it up for a while. When I get further in the game, we definitely should battle or trade! Oh, and Canada is awesome. XD

Well, that's actually a lot easier than you might think. All you need is someone with HeartGold/SoulSilver who's got all 16 badges from Johto and Kanto. They get to choose a second starter pokemon from Kanto (Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur). If you're looking for a Charmander or any 1st gen pokemon, I'm sure people on White/Black would be more than willing to trade you one for not much in return.

I've got SoulSilver myself, but I'm only on my 4th badge, so you'd have to do quite a bit of patient waiting if you wanted one from me... =P

Yes, Black and White can absolutely trade/battle with each other! That's how you can own both legendaries in one game, through trading.

Also, I'm pretty sure that was part of Martin Luther King Jr's dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back