• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings from cold north, Finland. I'm new

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
Years
  • Hello there people! After doing some random searching and looking for pokémon forums I found pokecommunity and decided to register.

But yeh, enough random gibberish and more info about myself.

Yeh, name's Kim and I live in Finland. I'm 19 years old and I'm male.
    I play pokémon alot and started wathing the anime again a while ago.
    My other hobbies are writing, tennis and studying languages (currently finnish, swedish, english, french, german and japanese) and playing with computers (not playing playing but meh..) like making home pages and image manipulation. I live pretty near of Finlands capital and I travel around the world alot.

Hmm.. what comes to pokémon..
    In games I prefer to call myself the breeder and I'd like to be known as one too. I've dedicated my "life" to breeding as perfect pokémon as possible and EV training.
    I'm not really into battling because I'm so bad at actually LEVELING pokémon, it took like three weeks from me to get my Azelf to level 85 and he's currently my highest level (and I've played platinum since it first arrived to finland).
    Yes, I'm talking about platinum alot because that's the game I play most.
    I DO have sapphire and FireRed, but I use them mostly just for dongle and capturing pokémon I can't in platinum.

Umm.. what else... don't really know. I want to meet you people and I hope this forum is as cool as I've got my first impressions let me pressume :)

kjmj14

The Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hello!
    w0w!
    Your older thank me...
    I should call you Big Sis! :D
    And almost forgot, hope you'll enjoy your stay here with us and always follow the rules here at PC... ;)

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • OOOHH!! AN EV TRAINER!!! That's awesome! I also breed Pokemon mostly. I'm not really a battling trainer either, cuz im not good at leveling my Pokemon.
    Anyway, welcome to PC, enjoy your stay!
    (There's good info in the Rules and FAQ, if you haven't already checked)
    :)

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
    Years
  • Hello!
    w0w!
    Your older thank me...
    I should call you Big Sis! :D
    And almost forgot, hope you'll enjoy your stay here with us and always follow the rules here at PC... ;)
    I'm guy : )
    Thank you and of course I follow the rules. What do you think I am : D

OOOHH!! AN EV TRAINER!!! That's awesome! I also breed Pokemon mostly. I'm not really a battling trainer either, cuz im not good at leveling my Pokemon.
    Anyway, welcome to PC, enjoy your stay!
    (There's good info in the Rules and FAQ, if you haven't already checked)
    :)
    EV training and pokémon breeding is <3 'specially when you get cute pokémon when you trade 'em : )

Hello, welcome to PC, hope you enjoy it here.
    BTW, is it real cold there in Finland??
    Cause it's really cold here!!
    Now the temperatures are bit higher than when I posted this message, then it was -29 degrees Celcius cold.. I felt like freezing if I ever put my nose outside door.
    Now it's like -6 degrees Celcius so not so cold anymore ^^"

Thank you everyone.

I'm happy to answer all questions you may ask from me :)

OmegaLego

That's what she said.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Hey Kim hows it going?

Maybe we can trade sometime when Heartgold and Soulsilver come out? I'm always looking for good trading partners. I'm not really into shinies or EV's, but will try to obtain all the starters from the games, so hopefully we can help each other haha

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
    Years
  • Hey Kim hows it going?

Maybe we can trade sometime when Heartgold and Soulsilver come out? I'm always looking for good trading partners. I'm not really into shinies or EV's, but will try to obtain all the starters from the games, so hopefully we can help each other haha
    Sure thing : ) I currently can breed every starter in game and most of pokémon you can get only by dongle in D/P/Pl

...but I currently have no Wi-Fi. It'll take couple of months 'till I move to new apartment and if I've not understood the "apartment selling guy thingy" (...wtb better word!) wrong the new apartment should have Wi-Fi of its own. Then I'm off to trade some EV-trained and perfected IV pokémon to anyone who wants \o/

and just for note I'm currently setting up my own UU-battling team. I just hope I'll do it right because I've never battled b4 other ways than random battles with brother who didn't even know that pokémon can breed b4 D/P/Pl came out :|

//And when HG/SS come out I probs move all my pokémon there and use platinum as Pokémon box for pokémon I don't need ^^"

tobi-ksla

Years
  • You're a breeder... I see... You aim for perfect? As in, you breed for IVs?

I breed for IVs myself. My first successful IV breed was a Blastoise. 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Sp Defense. I also got Counter (Emerald Move Tutor) and Mirror Coat (from male Corsola) on him. It took me half a year to get it.

Now, I'm faster, but not too fast. It still takes a lot of time. Oh, and I don't know how to abuse the RNG to make breeding faster. I don't have the time or patience to learn, which is ironic since I had the patience to learn normal breeding.

Oh, and I have a Salon Maiden Anabel obsession.

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
    Years
  • You're a breeder... I see... You aim for perfect? As in, you breed for IVs?

I breed for IVs myself. My first successful IV breed was a Blastoise. 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Sp Defense. I also got Counter (Emerald Move Tutor) and Mirror Coat (from male Corsola) on him. It took me half a year to get it.

Now, I'm faster, but not too fast. It still takes a lot of time. Oh, and I don't know how to abuse the RNG to make breeding faster. I don't have the time or patience to learn, which is ironic since I had the patience to learn normal breeding.

Oh, and I have a Salon Maiden Anabel obsession.
    I do not aim for perfect, but just enough to be good. I think that currently I have no perfect IV'd pokémon, but only time can tell when I get my first one ; ) I'm more to classic nature + EV-breeding : )

If you mean by abusing the random number generator that you get shiny pokémon, then the easier way is to breed with pokémon with pokédex entry with different languange. It'll drop chances of shiny hatchling pretty much (This is called Masuda('s) Method)

Reasoning

The Masuda method is possible due to coding Masuda programmed into the games. If, in the pokémon daycare , the game recognizes one of the Pokémon as having a different home location as the other, the chances of having a shiny Pokémon in the egg will increase to 1/2048 instead of the usual 1/8192. This increases the odds by four times.
    That's worked with me pretty much perfectly. (Breeding with japanese ditto ;))

If by abusing Random Number Generator you mean gettin IV's you want..
    that's something I can't help, because; as I said, I don't aim to be perfect :I

Thanks for greeting, there's nice people here : )

Back