• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    I've never been much for using my given name with web-based communities, so if you please, Riev Korsakov, or Riev, or Mr. Korsakov, or Mr. K: whichever you like.

I don't know how present I will be here in the community, but suffice to say that I have enjoyed the pokemon series since childhood, though I've always found their lack of cognitive interactivity… disappointing. It was my hope to find new and exciting games that engage not only the aesthetic senses but the cognitive faculties as well.

I will certainly not be of help to those seeking technical support in the hacking department, as my skills there are less even than rudimentary. Howver if I can be of aid in the creative department (plot scenario, character interaction, even helping to create script/dialogue), then I will gladly be of service.

On that note, I am a very busy man (a college student shortly making the transfer from undergraduate to graduate studies), so how much service I can provide I am not sure. I'll be checking in for the next few days, to see how things are going.

Keep doing what you're doing, I'm enjoying the few roms I've located so far very much.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Hey Mr K (I decided to go with that one because it sounded the coolest and makes me feel like a student in your high-school algebra class chewing gum and wearing my hat backwards).

It's fine if you don't become the most active person here. It'd be great if you did, but real life stuff always comes first, and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate! What are you studying? Must be something impressive if you're going into post-grad study.

Anyway welcome once again! I hope I see you around, but either way it was nice to meet you :)

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Hey there! You can call me Winter. :3 But welcome to PC!

This place is....I don't know how to describe it. Really addicting? It really drives me back here whenever I'm away, or whenever I try to be away from PC, it just never really works, haha. I guess that just goes to show that once you make so many friends here, it's hard to stay away from this place, I suppose.

But regardless, what's important to me is that you enjoy yourself here, even if you're not going to be the most active person around. PC's an awesome place to create friends and, most importantly, create memories. So yeah. :3 /cheesy

Years
  • Hello there Riev, welcome to PC! I'll just go with calling you Riev since it's a lot easier to remember. n_n;;

A lot of us have been fans of the series since we were young, myself included. So yeah, finding people like that here surely won't be a problem! I will admit that judging from your intro, you do indeed seem like someone who would be an excellent plot writer and such! Out of curiosity, have you ever written any stories before?

As for college... yeah, I'm going into my fourth year, so I can definitely understand how stressful it can be. But I get by from just remembering that I only have about three semesters left until I graduate. It's really exciting! :D

Glad you've been enjoying the Emulation section so far! Stick around and enjoy your stay; I'll be looking forward to seeing you around!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I've never been much for using my given name with web-based communities, so if you please, Riev Korsakov, or Riev, or Mr. Korsakov, or Mr. K: whichever you like.

I don't know how present I will be here in the community, but suffice to say that I have enjoyed the pokemon series since childhood, though I've always found their lack of cognitive interactivity… disappointing. It was my hope to find new and exciting games that engage not only the aesthetic senses but the cognitive faculties as well.

I will certainly not be of help to those seeking technical support in the hacking department, as my skills there are less even than rudimentary. However if I can be of aid in the creative department (plot scenario, character interaction, even helping to create script/dialogue), then I will gladly be of service.

On that note, I am a very busy man (a college student shortly making the transfer from undergraduate to graduate studies), so how much service I can provide I am not sure. I'll be checking in for the next few days, to see how things are going.

Keep doing what you're doing, I'm enjoying the few roms I've located so far very much.

Hi there Riev. Welcome to PC! For some reason, your thread caught my eye, so I found myself reading an intriguing introduction! I wouldn't know what the stress of college/uni is like because i'm only 14.

Yeah, the Emulation forum is pretty cool, but i'm on the same boat as you when it comes to the hacking part of a hack. I've always had the desire to learn though...

Well anyway, i've ranted on too much now.
    K, see ya c;

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • I've never been much for using my given name with web-based communities, so if you please, Riev Korsakov, or Riev, or Mr. Korsakov, or Mr. K: whichever you like.

I will certainly not be of help to those seeking technical support in the hacking department, as my skills there are less even than rudimentary. Howver if I can be of aid in the creative department (plot scenario, character interaction, even helping to create script/dialogue), then I will gladly be of service.

Welcome to Pokecommunity Riev my name is Diablo round these parts

Well you activeness on PC should not bother you cos we all have lives outside of PC that needs attending to as well so do what you can man. I also was a Pokwemon lover since I was like 5 I got into it by playing Silver and watching the anime.

Well hope you have a great time exploring PC :)

Vibrava

Linux junkie
    Years
  • Welcome to the PC Riev. My wife and son are both in the middle of college so I know what kind of stress that can produce, though not first hand. From the detailed and precise way you wrote the intro here, I am going to take a stab at guessing your major is based in English or Lit. Don't worry too much about not participating much, or sporadically here, some of us can do enough participating to cover a lot of folks. Take care and enjoy.

Years

Hi there Riev, I am Hikari.

I don't have a big intro since someone has already shown you the Emulation section.

It's one of the most popular sections here so it's worth looking at.

I'm not really the best hacker in the world but you can always shout out a VM to me if you need to chat to someone who's friendly.

Feel free to contact a moderator if you have problems, cos that's what their job is, to help you!

Have a great time and I might see you.

- Hikari10

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Very nice to receive such a warm welcome.
    Some questions were asked so let me address them:

I have indeed written stories before, I actually have a fanfiction account with fanfiction DOT net. I don't have the opportunity to work on it much, but I've been building a Legend of Zelda work there for a while.

For those who have taken a stab at it, my field of study is Music. Specifically, I study Music Theory and Composition.

Back