• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I am Ravendeth, home of all things Ravendeth. I enjoy competitive battling and theory, and I recently have awakened to the world of ROMhacking (which is why I need to make more posts). I think in the form of lists, and I talk in paragraphs and rambling tangents. I love Dark types because I am a gigantic edgelord.

I have been playing since Pokemon RBY, though I took a very long break after Pokemon Platinum.

Beating the two Pokemon Stadium games were what made me enjoy taking battles more seriously, and so one day there I was, a kid at a Toys-R-Us GSC Tournament full of college students. Those were good times. Nowadays I mostly just fool around on online battlers.

I am not generally very social and find it hard to relate to people, but I am a pretty open guy willing to talk about and respond to anything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey there, Edgelord Ravendeth. Welcome.

Dark types are pretty cool, "edgelord" or not!

I did the same as you in regards to the break, although mine was after the third generation and I only played Platinum recently. It's been a blast going through all the games I missed.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. Lots of wonderful people about.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Since you played Pokemon from the very start, which is your favorite game so far?

Let me know if you need help, alright?

Thanks for the cool reception, I actually do feel pretty welcome.

I would say that my favorite Pokemon game is Emerald, which is the one that I ended up ROMhacking. (Look up the Pokemon Conversion Emerald Beta).

I enjoy the focus on dual-types, as well as the new types of geographical regions that the game brought about. It felt like a pretty immersive "Adventure through nature", being able to run around connected areas and rebattle trainers. Replayability features are also a pretty huge deal to me personally, being a big fan of those Stadium-like features.

I also enjoyed battling competitively in 3rd gen the most, which is probably why I favor it over the newer entries, rather than anything comparative about the in-game experiences. The games are all pretty good, but I am actually not that into playing jRPGs, which is why I play on Showdown more than playing the actual games anymore.

I took up ROMhacking as a sort of "what would I do with this?" experiment.

It's nice to find a forum with helpful mods, so thanks. Hopefully I can figure out everything on my own.

Back