• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Grinding

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
Years
  • Since my friend acquired the PKRS, I had to slow my grinding down, so we can trade and get my poke's infected. I have been pacing myself throughout the game (I just defeated morty). Now, since I have the pokerus and the my lucky eggs, I should have no problem getting my pokes to where I want by next Saturday. I am competing in a tournament and there is a Lvl 50 cap. I can't wait.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I grinded alot, but yesterday I finally beat Red so it's smooth sailing from here on out. =]
    It's horrible we don't have VS. Seekers, it was a big help in training my Pokemon in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I'm about to do a major grind fest, as I'm hatching a Riolu.. It seems like a lot of trainers are calling me to battle right now. I'm not sure if that has to do with play time or where I am in the game

Urhungry

Lover of Leavanny
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I'm grinding a lot, seeing as I rely on one pokemon. I'm not going to make the same mistake i did in gold, where I tried to beat the pokemon league with six level 50s.

Astro*Zombies

Psychic & Ghost Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I battled morty and lost to that gengar of his ( just like when i had silver version ) and left towards the next city to battle as many trainers as possible or lvl up.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I have to grind all of my pokemon to Lv. 45-47, I tried to fight the league with all Lv. 40s, but I lost against Lance's Gyarados. Will and Koga's Muk were huge problems in this whole thing.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I think the calls are completely random. But...I just finished, this morning, with a grind session. I traded a Machop from Pearl to Heart Gold so I could beat Whitney. The first round of battle with her was a pain. It seemed like everytime her Miltank used Stomp, Machop would flinch. So I restarted the DS and went at her again, with much better success. Low Kick can cripple Miltank pretty good, so I guess the DS decided that it had to even the odds, but the second time didn't work out so well. Oh...and I absolutely hate Attract.

So...yeah, that was my night/morning of grinding. lol

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Koga's Muk gave me problems too. I didn't have a problem with beating Koga though. Karen keeps beating up my team though. Although that's probably because I refuse to run through the Elite Four without using items. Right now, I'm in Victory Road trying to level my Miltank, Meganium and Feraligatr to 50.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I just play through the game, fighting all the trainers along the way. Now they've changed it so that you don't lose half your money when you don't win, I usually spend all my PokeDollars on healing items before I fight the E4, and if I lose, I lose- I still get exp from the Pokes I have beaten. I don't like fighting against Wild Pokemon. ):

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    How is the grinding going in HG/SS? I've been taking my time in this game by grinding all my pokemon to about the same level.

i usually stick with the same one or two pokemon at a higher level than everything else, but this time i decided to make them all equal.... dang it's hard

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • I'm trying to grind for Red right now, and I just hate how I have to battle such weak leveled pokemon and train with no vs. seeker! grrr... All I have to battle is the rare gym rematches, or the E4...

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Is there any good grinding hotstops ?.. Trying to level my lvl 30ish pokemon but I'm have a hard time find a place to battle.. There a flying type and Electric type.
    I'm currently grinding my Eevee to get it at about level 25 like the rest of my team, so I battle Tentacool and Tentacruel on the route to Cianwood City. They give pretty good exp and they would go down quick with your Electric Pokemon.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • I've only had to grind levels when I found out pidgey didn't get gust when it was in the pokewalker. I caught another pidgey and re-trained it all the way to level 16, before I fought falkner. (yeah, yeah, way over levelled etc.)
    currently, pidgeotto is level 28, croconaw is level 28, furret is level 20, and I'm just hatching eevees.

Years
  • I typically don't grind -- usually just battling trainers will suffice until I hit the E4, where I might have to gain a few more levels in Victory Road. Chances are I will probably have to do this in HG as well. Can't tell you if I will, though, because I'm nowhere near 8 badges yet.

However, my team is set up so badly in terms of Special Defense, that Morty's Gengar messed up my team. Seriously, hardly any of them could take one Shadow Ball, let alone more. So I was stuck grinding outside Olivine for the past day and a half, with Pokemon 5-9 levels lower than I was. And I still only beat him by sheer luck. :(

I hate grinding in Pokemon, so much. It gets boring after awhile, and I just want to move on.
    Agreed. Grinding i so. Boring. xD I totally forgot in GSC it was so freakin' hard to level your Pokemon, and SS is no different. It's driving me mad to raise a full team.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
  • Do you like to level UP your pokemon more than it should be

Hello guyz....xd

i like to level up my pokemon more than it should be what bout you??

I am waiting for your answers.......

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
  • What do you mean by "more than it should be"? More than lv.100? Because I would like to get every Pokemon I catch to at least lv.70 and my favorites to Lv.100 :D

Back