• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Gross! These badges are filthy."

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I pretty much never clean them. I don't look at my trainer card often, so my badges are quite filthy. It's a neat feature, though.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Uh :O

*Rushes off to go try this feature out*

Lol To tell ya the truth I think I knew about this once, cause it kinda rings a bell, but i compleatly forgot about it!

Years
  • The first time I played Diamond I went threw the game wondering why my badges became dirty after a while, and i accidently found out after the Elite Four you could clean them. After that I made sure they had Four shiny stars.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Only if I remember about it, and when I do, I go hardcore OCD mode on them. Like, I HAVE to make sure they're perfectly clean, and will usually sit there a minute until they're maxed out with cleanliness.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • When I remember of them, I clean my badges 'til they shine, but actually I don't really mind whether they're dirty or not.

Years
  • What I'm wondering is: how do they manage to get so dirty if they're in their case all the time?

Either way, I cleaned my badges a couple of times, but after the novelty wore off, I didn't really bother; although I did like that they played different musical notes when you tapped on them (in Platinum, at least).

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I like how in Platinum they have their own pitch when tapped

shame that's not true in Black and White

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think I've cleaned them once in Black version, but that was entirely by accident when my stylus rubbed across one of them and it changed colour! After I discovered this factoid, I then cleaned all of my badges... and then promptly forgot about it until reading this thread! I'm playing Platinum at the moment, so maybe I'll give the badges I've received thus far a clean after finishing up this post. As I'll probably forget I can do this once I've clicked 'Post Quick Reply'!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I rarely ever clean my badges now. I did it once or twice when I first got Diamond, but it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off. To me, it is more of a hassle if I want to do it now. It becomes a bit of a waste of time and it is completely pointless to me. It was cool the first time, but now I don't really care about it.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I think they're time-inducing and useless, although I find myself rubbing on the touch screen untill all my badges are all four-star-shining.
    Yeah, it's hard to resist the urge.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • They just get dirty too quickly for me to keep up with cleaning them. I was OCD about keeping them clean in the beginning, but then I got too involved with other happenings in the game to keep tabs on them. If I happen to open the case and see they're dirty, I'll clean them right then and there, but then probably forget about them for another month or two.

Guess badge cases aren't built to be dustproof...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I... never actually noticed this feature when I was playing through Diamond. I guess I've just never really payed any attention to my trainer cards, and I didn't own the game long enough for me to actually take notice to stuff like that. Though I guess it's something I have to remember when I do get ahold of a Pokémon game once again xp

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I never bothered cleaning them in Generation V. In IV, though, I'd clean them when I wanted to play a song on them, as they only chime in tune when perfectly clean. I got the urge to play music on my badges more often than one might think.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I thought it was a weird thing to add in the game, but it was kinda cool at the same time, I would clean them if I remembered and felt like it, which was rarely because I would never check my Badge Case.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I totally didn't know that was a feature. Don't know if I can still call myself a Pokémon fan. ;)

This, pretty much haha!

You can also clean your badges in Black and White too. Although, after playing Diamond and Platinum for so long the novelty of it sort of wore off by the time they were released. So I never really bothered to clean my badges as much in White as I did at first in DPPt.
    Oh man, really?! Mine will be filthy then 'cause I didn't even know!

Years
  • I frequently check my Trainer Card for things like money or stats (Black and White), and I end up checking my badges at the same time.
    And when I check my badges, I end up cleaning them...

Back