• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Groudon cheated

Is Groudon cheating???

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, so recently i've been watching the Hoenn episodes, and i've just seen about half of The Scuffle of Legends.

Does anyone else think Groudon cheated, using a Pikachu to help it stand up to Kyogre???

I mean, if it was a double battle, Pikachu would pwn Archie, so basically Kyogre's got a disadvantage doesn't it??

And when in every episode the anime seems to try to promote fair play, it doesn't seem right.....

Or am i just crazy???

PIKACHU DOES KUNGFU!

working out the kinks ;D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Without Pikachu, I doubt that Groudon would have won. For one thing, Kyogre had the advantage right away, when its Water vs. Ground. But, Groudon also had SolarBeam, so maybe it was cheating. Who knows? All we know, is that Pikachu is tough enough to beat up legendaries :p

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I wouldn't pick any of the above options, as Groudon wasn't trying to prove who was stronger but was trying to stop Kyogre from flooding the world so he had to take whatever help he could get in order to stop Kyogre.

Years
    From my memory, Pikachu did stop a few of Kyorge's attacks, but Groudon had its Drought ability in play which a) weakens Water moves and b) instantly powers Solarbeam. I do agree that Pikachu did tip the tide, as it was a good attack blocker, at least one time.

That, and without Pikachu, Groudon would have been stuck in Aqua's sub. I won't say "Groudon cheated," as Groudon had enough advantages for it to be an even enough fight (or a decent fighting chance). But, yeah, Pikachu gave it the extra edge to win.

Also, I go with SBaby's assessment, given the rat's depowering.

xXI JOE IXx

Correction: All we know, is that Pikachu is tough enough to beat up legendaries :p.
    But thats just because ASH cheats, he beat onyx with a electric attack XD. He has done all sorts of things a normal Pikachu can't do. Ash uses hax! :o.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Nah, there's no such thing as cheating in a fight. Dirty tricks, backstabs, et al are all good.

Groudon fight fair and square imo.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Allow me to remind everyone that the topic of discussion is Pikachu.

Need I say more?
    This!
    And its not just any Pikachu, It's Satoshi's Pikachu. The aimforthehornthunderarmorcountershielding Pikachu that can OHKO any ground type and is able to defeat a legendary. Satoshi gamesharks/action replays his ass off.
    Depowered or not, that god-modding rat could still probably pull it off, I mean by the show's standards, Satoshi's Pikachu is better than the average Pikachu and Raichu >:C
    Frankly I think the rat's overrrated.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Now that I think about that Meowth in the Cowboy outfit must be able to take down an army of Mewtwos if it was stronger than Ash's Pikachu.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Pikachu's actually an SSJ:

Groudon cheated

Pikachu ftw.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    groudon's knows solar beam, right?

That is correct, but Groudon's better off using STAB EQ since it does more damage to Kyogre since Kyogre has a higher Special Defense than its Defense. Solarbeam's a Special Attack and comes off of Groudon's lackluster Sp.Atk.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.You all have a point about Pikachu being stronger than most pokes. But, it does keep getting beaten.Specially when it shocks itself in Rocket's cages.

And yes, judging, Meowth-in-boots should be able to destroy the planet with a single fury swipes attack.

But no, DonRoyale, the topic was actually meanta be sorta how much of a cheat Groudon is. Pikachu's an add-in seeing as he was the AR Equivalent (if Groudon was one guy's poke and Kyogre was another, Groudon woulda been AR'd to resist water attacks).

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I think you're all forgetting something here. Professor Oak is the one who CAUGHT Pikachu. What kind of hacks did he have to use to do that? Then he just traded his hacked Pikachu over to Ash's game, and Ash didn't actually have to cheat at all.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhh....but he has cheated, as pikachu learn Volt Tackle. You can't just learn it, it has to be bred into it

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I think he hacked Satoshi's PokeDex so Pika can learn Volt Tackle at lv. 50.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    I do find it a bit unfair yeah, but at the start Kyogre would have one, but Groundon did have Pikachu. The way the anime is going, if they replay it Pikachu coud KO them both with one tackle.

Back