• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Groudon or Kyogre?

Which mascot legendary do you like more?

• Groudon

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • Both

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ray-Ray's where it's at

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Groudon or Kyogre?
    Groudon or Kyogre?

The mascots of Ruby/Sapphire and their re-makes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, are Groudon, the titan of the land, and Kyogre, the titan of the sea. They also got new Primal forms, letting them show off their full power.

Which one do you like better, and why?

Groudon or Kyogre?
    Groudon or Kyogre?

Years
  • Oh, this is a close one, but I'll have to say Kyogre. I really like both of them, but because of the fact that I own Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire, and Kyogre was once a member of my Ubers team on Black 2, Kyogre gets the nod. I can't choose design-wise, and they are very equal.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • Now, I like Kyogre, because its design is just awesome (A legendary orca whale that created the seas? Sign me up!), but I'm afraid Rayquaza gets my take-a-third-option vote here. He's just so majestic and powerful, especially his shiny form.

Aiirisu

Elegant Outrage
    Years
  • Personally, I prefer Groudon.
    Call me sensitive, but in my original playthrough of Emerald, when I saw the outerworld sprites of the Grou/Kyo fight, seeing Groudon on the tiny little island made me so sad. It looked like Kyogre was just a bully for the most part. Above all, Rayquaza remains the king of Hoenn though.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Groudon gets my vote I know a lot of people choose kyogre coz of the typing but I love groudon he looks more scary even in his primal form and in love with his new move

Years
  • I've always liked Groudon more, as the land titan concept is more interesting to me than a radically designed orca. Not that Kyogre is badly designed, but I just find using Groudon more fun, especially since its primal form makes it even more deadly.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would've chosen Kyogre if it weren't for the Ray-ray option in the poll.

It's more to a type preference than anything. Also, Kyogre has an overworld surfing sprite. Groudon doesn't have anything simillar to that.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Honestly i love rayquaza but in my opinion id choose Kyogre over groudon
    1 more powrful
    2 type preference
    3 better sprite
    :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always leaned towards Kyorge. Hello mythical whale!!!

Also I've always found it kind of cute in a way and I guess graceful.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've always liked the three members of the Weather Trio pretty equally in the past. Usually I decide on which game I'm getting based on the mascot legendary, but since I didn't exactly favor one over the other, I went with Alpha Sapphire since I have Ruby. And riding on Kyogre is fun (though not that smooth underwater because Game Freak forgot to make things a little bigger so Kyogre can fit through).

But, I gave my vote to Groudon in this poll.....BECAUSE HOLY **** THAT PRIMAL FORM IS AWESOME. Been using Primal Groudon on Showdown and it is fantastic. Can't wait to transfer my Groudon to ORAS, give it the Red Orb, and start wreckin' ****!

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    For me it's Groudon not only did I play Ruby/Omega Ruby but in my opinion its design and primal form look far better than that of Kyogre's, not to mention it just likes to chill in burning lava! I transferred my Adamant EV trained (Flawless) Groudon to Hoenn and with that Red Orb everything is getting #rekt!

I wouldn't however back Primal Groudon to win against Primal Kyogre after gaining that dual Ground/Fire typing unless Groudon managed to hit with a "lucky" Solarbeam or something..
    I've been educated, not a good Pokémon trainer when I don't even know my own Pokémon's ability..

Last edited:
    Years
  • I voted Kyogre, since its Primal design looks better than Groudon's (Groudon looks kinda off-colored) and I do love Water-types, and will probably be playing Alpha Sapphire as my main version this time around as opposed to Ruby in the original games. And Kyogre gets its own model when you use Surf as well, and I definitely want to ride on that big blue thing.

However, both Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse are cool-looking moves on their own.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I've always liked Groudon more, in fact since the originals.

But Mega Rayquaza is just... unrivalled.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • For me it's Groudon not only did I play Ruby/Omega Ruby but in my opinion its design and primal form look far better than that of Kyogre's, not to mention it just likes to chill in burning lava! I transferred my Adamant EV trained (Flawless) Groudon to Hoenn and with that Red Orb everything is getting #rekt!

I wouldn't however back Primal Groudon to win against Primal Kyogre after gaining that dual Ground/Fire typing unless Groudon managed to hit with a "lucky" Solarbeam or something..

Desolate Land nullifies Water-type moves and Primal Groudon is bulky as all getout. Nothing to scoff at.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Desolate Land means he loses his 4x weakness against water, and even if Primordial Sea is in play, at the very least his Ground STAB moves are unaffected by it. (Whereas Desolate Land really cripples Kyogre)

It really depends on who wins this weather war, though.
    EDIT: beaten

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Now this is a total toughie!
    I love Kyogre but Groudon is totally BadAsh

Then end of the day as he say Ray Ray owns the day!
    Remembering the cheesey grace music as Rayquaza descended to stop the two pokemons loving quarrel ah good times

So rayquaza wins for me. Although PERSONALLY I am not a fan of his Mega form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Kyogre. My fav legendary design. Groudon is just another cool looking dinosaur/dragon looking thing but Kyogre is a blue killer whale....and its black shiny is amazing.

Back