• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Groudon or Kyogre?

Which mascot legendary do you like more?

• Groudon

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • Both

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ray-Ray's where it's at

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2015
    Rayquaza gets my vote, due to the fact that its a dragon and dragons are my favorite type. Out of Groudon or Kyogre, I would have to go with Groudon due to it being in my game. I never had the pleasure of having Kyogre on my team.

Years
  • In addition to Groudon being cooler than Kyogre by a long shot, Groudon no longer stays behind Kyogre's shadow now that it has Desolate Land to switch-in.
    Oh, and Rayquaza now appeals less than it did before, I don't know why but it certainly isn't because of its new Mega Evolution, it's probably another reason, maybe I'm getting bored of it or something?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Ray-Ray's where it's at ;D

But to answer the original question, I actually like both. Both of their patterns are stunning and the concepts both intrigue me. I just can't choose between a dinosaur or an orca. D:

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • Obviously, Rayquaza owns the throne (Now with its unique way of Mega Evolution).

In my opinion though, Kyogre is far more appealing than Groudon.

10 of a hundred reasons why Kyogre:
    - Definitely cuter than Rayquaza and Groudon.
    - Elegant. Look how it swims.
    - Can smile at you in the Pokemon-amie enthusiastically.
    - Shows more signs and marks of Primal Reversion. It's written all over the fins and body.
    - Blue. It's irresistible.
    - Lets you ride on its back. (Although only during the chase)
    - Primordial Sea. Everyone loves rain (Especially when classes are suspended).
    - Reminds you of the sea and the beach... aaahhhhh...
    - Cute cries. It's squealing.
    - Looks like a levitating blue Airbus. Origin Pulse.

Last edited:

anniellewellyn

A Technologic Faery
    Years
  • Kyogre...though I voted Rayquaza cause I love that thing. But Kyogre between Kyogre & Groudon. Just cause I had Sapphire originally. Def like Groudon's ability a lot more, but oh well.

Years
  • I like both, but Groudon is my third favorite legendary overall behind Mew and Ho-oh; as well as my second favorite from Hoenn right behind Torchic.

pvnk-as-fvck

depressed little mess
    Years
  • I like all three of the legendaries, but I have a liking for water type Pokémon. I can't say anything about Groudon though because I've never caught him/her or used him/her in battle. I like the new designs on all three of the Pokémon-it makes them look even more ancient & powerful than they did in R/S/E. I love love love Rayquaza though, so that's who my vote went to. I just love how he/she looks & his/her moves are great! I just love Rayquaza vv much.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Been diggin' Kyogre since 2003. :D

Its screech in the title menu has got to go when I soft reset for shiny Cresselia, though!

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I prefer Kyogre. Although Groudon is a bit more powerful now thanks to his Primal Reversion, I like Kyogre's theming and aesthetics much better. I don't know what it is about Groudon but he just seems kinda derpy to me. :P

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Groudon, because his Primal Ability cancels out his weakness to water

Kyogre already resists fire-types, which means making them useless is bordering on redundant

Plus, Thunder gets 100% accuracy in rain, so good job making it even easier to hit you!

Rayquaza has a special place in my heart due to the fact she was my first pokemon I ever got to level 100
    Plus, she was the first (and so far, only) Pokémon that I solo'd the Elite Four with

Yeah, I give genders to legendary pokemon, sue me...

Years
  • I will say that the Weather Trio is probably the best designed/coolest bunch of legends in any generation of Pokemon games. But Rayquaza is one of the best designed, most powerful. and all-around coolest legendary Pokemon to ever grace this franchise. Then I prefer Groudon, then Kyogre, imo. When it comes to ranking the trio, that is.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Out of the three, I love Rayquaza the most. It's really cool and unique. Plus, it stops both of the other two from destroying all living things. xD I also enjoyed it's mega form.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • This is one of the hardest choices of Pokémon to choose from to me. At times, it just changes really. Usually I'm a Kyogre person, but then I think about the qualities of Groudon. I'm going to have to go with the (un-original) both on this one.

Years
  • Typing-wise? Kyogre. Water's kinda my RL element. Design and gamplay-wise? Groudon. It's always been one of my favourite legendaries because of its simple but effective design and its power and versatility. Gotta love that Drought! Game Freak gave it some love in ORAS with a signature move, new typing and a hideously powerful ability. I gotta say I like Groudon better.

Back