• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grounded~!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I don't really get grounded, although I've had my computer/video games taken away. It isn't often though, because usually I can convince my mom to lessen her punishments.

Currently she has this thing where I have to wait another month for every time I skip class/don't do homework/etc. My plan is to pretend like that's a big deal.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I was grounded for 6th months once because I was failing American Government due to not being able to hear the teacher since the class never shut up.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I got grounded a LOOOONG time ago for failing a class. No computer, no calls, no gaming for a week. Possibly the worst experience of my life. In fact, it was so horrible that I haven't failed another class to date (I've come close, though. A lot).

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I broke a vase of my parents when I was a youngster and was grounded from television and candy for a month. (this was back when computers and video games were too expensive for every family to have, aka before the NES) every other time I just got a sore bottom from a plank.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've never got a full grounding for more than a month.

For some reason. My mom forgets I'm even grounded after a week of me being grounded :D

Although I have to say, my bro is taking his big time because of school. He just keeps slacking off.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I was grounded for three months at one stage. I don't even remember what for, but I think it was for something totally stupid. One was for being suspended from school, and that was for a month and a bit, but I that's all I remember.

So three months is my record? XDD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I've never been grounded, though not because my parents thought I was a good child (anything but) or because they thought it was an ineffective punishment, they simply had no idea what it was. It's not a punishment that's too widespread a lot in the country they grew up in, so they had no knowledge of it for such a long time. Made me incredibly happy as a kid. XD;

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I've never been grounded before, I never do something annoying=]

Years
    As I grew up I had little punishments here and there for being a rather outlandish child, but my parents really didn't know the meaning of grounded. I would often have my friends moaning to me about getting grounded and having their valuables taken away from them, it just seemed like a foreign concept to me and I started to wonder if my parents should have enforced such a punishment on me at times. I...was rather naughty when I was younger, putting it mildly. But as the years went on I just improved upon myself without really taking advantage of my parents' leniencies.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I've never been grounded. D: My parents just think it's a bit harsh...but I'm not going to say why. There was also the idea that where I most likely had a massive meltdown over getting valuables taken away, they didn't want to end up going THROUGH those same meltdowns again. It just wasn't very effective and besides, I was a rather..goody two shoes type of child. The only thing I had an issue with was talking back to my parents and not cleaning my room...so yeah. :|

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    well I'm always been grounded because of my sister, about 2 months for exact.

Years
    Never been grounded. I don't go anywhere, so staying at home isn't a punishment, and I guess they're smart enough to realize that if they take away my computer or whatever else, then I'll just spend every waking moment bugging them.

My mom tried to take my computer away once. I had it back with less than an hour of constantly whining "I'm boooooored". :3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    My parents have grounded me by taking away my electronic devices, but I honestly punish myself. I'm only grounded if I do something horrible.. Thus, I feel really bad and try to break any bad habits and possibly reflect upon my actions like a weirdo.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I've never been grounded for more than two weeks. I consider myself lucky compared to my other friends who have gone all the way to three months.

Back