• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GrovyleMan's Artwork And Art Request Thread

Zylasn

Unstoppable Force!
    Years
    Hey, GrovyleMan here! I've been out so long planning a new art thread, so here it is! If you want to post comments on my work, feel free to, but keep it appropriate. Also, I'd like to know if my posted works are poor/fair/good/excellent and/or need improvement. I've decided to post my first image.

Also feel free to ask me to try drawing a few images.

Zylasn

Unstoppable Force!
    Years
    Nobody else's made any posts so far, but I guess I'll go ahead and post another one of my recent works, so here it is.

Last edited:

Ionic

God of nothing
    Years
    Id like to see umbreon colored its a cool drawing.

Your Grovyle is nice too.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The grovyle looks great with the light and dark colours you've used. I like the way you used the dark colours for shading and it looks great. The umbreon also looks good.

Zylasn

Unstoppable Force!
    Years
    Thanks u two! As for Ionic, I'll do my best to draw Umbreon in color and post it ASAP. Please spread the word about this thread and keep posting!

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    Your a talented artist, Using Shapes to construct your drawings (Anatomy) could really improve your work, Try working on your shading, imagine the sun is shining from one point in the picture, and shading darker further away, and add shadows. Scanning your pictures on to your computer and coloring on there would be even better. I think all of these things could really help you improve your work.

Zylasn

Unstoppable Force!
    Years
    Thanx, Kaiyori! I'll take your advice and also post another recent image as well.

I'm also sorry to disappoint you, Ionic. I tried to draw Umbreon in color again, but I could not. If there's something else you'd like to request instead, I'll be happy to draw it for you.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Your works are great. I really like the Grovyle. But they do look rather basic and kind of lack potential. Maybe we can see some action, so as a request, can you draw Machop? I figure this Pokémon would be best because you never see it in a boring pose, well, at least don't. That could possibly help get you started by giving your drawings more of a feel to them. Otherwise, keep up what you're doing!

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    Those are looking Great!

Try working on your own poses, and adding shadows and highlights to your work for your next piece of art.

Zylasn

Unstoppable Force!
    Years
    I like Umbreon the most. And Groyvile is also good. Keep doing them :)

Thanx, Dustox PM! I've not posted any recent works for a while because I still need to find a good fight pose for Machop, and I can't scan & edit any images 'til I'm back in school after the summer (don't have a scanner at home). Still feel free to make requests. I'll start drawing a Machop pic soon enough!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    excuse me, but do you know how to post sprites you've made from paint onto the computer?

Back