• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grumpig ex *IMPROVED*

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Grumpig ex *IMPROVED*

A LOT better than before, thanks to shuckle for the link to the tutorial. (and sorry for my bad language)

What do you guys think?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Errors: -Wrong fonts.
    - Confusion should go first.
    - Weakness and Retreat Cost seem too low (too lazy to confirm).
    - Retreat Cost isn't centered correctly.
    - All instances of "Pokemon" requires capitalization and the ? (alt + 898).
    - "Defending" in "Defending Pok?mon" needs to be capitalized.
    - "Opponent's" in Brainwash needs a "t" and an apostrophe. "Opponent's" in the Pok?Power needs an apostrophe.
    - In the Pok?Power, "or" does not need to be capitalized and "Paralyzed" needs to be.
    - In the Pok?Power, you need to specify whether the damage counter can be moved to an opponent's Pokemon, one of yours, or either.
    - In Brainwash, you need to specifiy the opponent's Pok?mon to check for number of damage counters as Benched Pok?mon.
    -Brainwash seems kind of broken. Good idea, but it shouldn't do as much to Benched Pok?mon as it does to the Defending one. Ex:
    Player has new Defending Pokemon with no damage counters and all five Benched Pokemon have none. It does 50 to the Defending Pok?mon and 50 to all Benched Pokemon (knocking out almost all Basics) since they have the same amount, none. Next turn it does 50 damage to all Benched Pok?mon as they took the same 50 damage as the Defending Pok?mon. That would knock out most Pokemon, and equal an instant victory in two attacks.​

No number rating yet, I have yet to invent a system for card rating.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Shadow said:
    - "Opponent's" in Brainwash needs a "t" and an apostrophe. "Opponent's" in the Pok?Power needs an apostrophe.
    - In the Pok?Power, "or" does not need to be capitalized and "Paralyzed" needs to be.
    - In the Pok?Power, you need to specify whether the damage counter can be moved to an opponent's Pokemon, one of yours, or either.
    - In Brainwash, you need to specifiy the opponent's Pok?mon to check for number of damage counters as Benched Pok?mon.
    -Brainwash seems kind of broken. Good idea, but it shouldn't do as much to Benched Pok?mon as it does to the Defending one. Ex:
    Player has new Defending Pokemon with no damage counters and all five Benched Pokemon have none. It does 50 to the Defending Pok?mon and 50 to all Benched Pokemon (knocking out almost all Basics) since they have the same amount, none. Next turn it does 50 damage to all Benched Pok?mon as they took the same 50 damage as the Defending Pok?mon. That would knock out most Pokemon, and equal an instant victory in two attacks.​

Its quite a rare occasion when they have all pokemon on 0. also they are the right fonts according to the tutorial, and yes I did do it right, I've had almost 2 years of experience on photoshop. It would help if the tut came with guides for which anti-alias to use :)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Are you sure you read the tutorial back to front? Common sense tells you what anti-aliasing to use. Try them out and compare them to a real card. Also, energies MUST be centered on the circles unless they need to be moved up/down depending on how big of font you use. Every font used should be the same that were taken off the symbol sheet except you may resize the effect text (no lower to 11) if needed. The evo font can be found on the evo icons of the 1-150 Pokemon. Even thought the tutorial says to use a particular font, just use the font on the symbol sheet rather than selected on the menu of fonts. This way, everything is already anti-aliased and at the right size. All you have to worry about is placement.

If you did read the tutorial, you would have known how the energies are placed. If there is only 1 energy, it should look like this: - o - - - instead of this: o - - - -. The attack name font belongs on the 4th circle half way. When the have attacks with 1-3 energies, the attack name font goes on the 4th circle half way. 4 energies it goes on the 5th circle half way, 5 energies goes 15 pixels from the last energy I think.

I hope that helps. :classic:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    King Shuckle said:
    Are you sure you read the tutorial back to front? Common sense tells you what anti-aliasing to use. Try them out and compare them to a real card. Also, energies MUST be centered on the circles unless they need to be moved up/down depending on how big of font you use. Every font used should be the same that were taken off the symbol sheet except you may resize the effect text (no lower to 11) if needed. The evo font can be found on the evo icons of the 1-150 Pokemon. Even thought the tutorial says to use a particular font, just use the font on the symbol sheet rather than selected on the menu of fonts. This way, everything is already anti-aliased and at the right size. All you have to worry about is placement.

If you did read the tutorial, you would have known how the energies are placed. If there is only 1 energy, it should look like this: - o - - - instead of this: o - - - -. The attack name font belongs on the 4th circle half way. When the have attacks with 1-3 energies, the attack name font goes on the 4th circle half way. 4 energies it goes on the 5th circle half way, 5 energies goes 15 pixels from the last energy I think.

I hope that helps. :classic:
    it said on the tutorial, when it is a one energy move, put it on the first circle, you check it.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    From the Tutorial
    Now for attacks. Energy symbols first.

For 1 Energy cost attacks, have the symbol central on the second circle of the row. EG;

e-O-e-e-e (where O = the energy symbol and e = the empty circles).

From then on (attacks with 2 Energy cost or more), you go from the first circle.

O-O-e-e-e
    O-O-O-e-e
    O-O-O-O-e
    O-O-O-O-O

Quite easy. Keep the symbols central, and they should all be the same distance apart!

opbeta

Thunder Extraordiner
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2005
    Shadow said:

I would have to agree with him...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    I'd like to say..
    Weakness and Resistance are pronouns when your making Pok?mon Cards. (ALT+233 for the ?). And obviously, Pok?mon is also.
    Defending Pok?mon and status effects also are pronouns.
    You have 2 years of Photoshop Experience but you also have 2 years of spelling experience (No Offence, No Pun intended), Opponents is Opponents, check your spelling and since its Photoshop your using you have no excuse for having anyspelling mistake. I might sound like your teacher or osmething but Im getting sick of people posting cards in which they havent evne read a tutorial yet.
    Energies arent lined up... etc etc etc.
    Attacks with the less amount of energies required is first in line.
    When its
    [Psychic][Psychic][colorless] &
    [Psychic][Psychic][psychic]
    THe one with colorless goes first, so the main idea is that colorless goes before basic energies.
    Your attack ideas are in Shadow's post so refer to his post.

And Please Read the Tutorial back to front, inside out. I know its tiring reading all that but if you want to become a worthwhile faker, read it.

Back