• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GS remake (name pending)

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
    Years
    Hi! I am a first timer to RPG Making but have experience in Rom-Hacking and This is going to be my first project. This is going to be a GS remake and it is going to be done in RMXP. I promise the game won't be boring since in GS the actuall Viridian forest was not the but in this it will be there, the Sevii isles will be there, and Hoenn will be there. So better take out your guides for GS, FRLG, RS. And I need help for this game. So I need -

1. Resousce Provider (3/3)
    2. RGSS Scripters (3/0)
    3. Battle system preparers (3/0)
    4. Database Creators (3/2)
    5. Mappers (3/2)
    6. Photoshop artists (2/1)
    7. Advertisers (5/3)
    8. Beta Testers (2/2)

Finished maps-

Your house 1st floor
    Your house 2nd floor
    Prof. Elm's Lab
    Prof. Elm's house
    And another misc. house in New Bark town
    New Bark Town

Finished music-

New Bark town
    Prof. Elm's Lab

Finished Charecters-

Hiro
    Kamon
    Prof. Elm

Overall-

0.1/2%

This is all. I will post the maps which I have done later. And I misght Have a beta as soon I have some people to help me.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think that rather than asking for help from the start; you should show people that hard work has alrady gone into the game already: screens, demo, etc. Anyway, good luck man.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Can I be a resource provider?

Oh & good luck on this project!

EDIT: Also an advertiser.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    You going to be getting some competition for the best G/S remake...from me! And so far I have a lot more done too. XD

Back to you, if this is your first game, I suggest you aim low. Just make a straight G/S remake without Hoenn and the Sevii Islands. It'll just take way too long to make it.
    What is a database creator? I thought RMXP came with a database, like RM2K3.
    Why do you need Photoshop artists too?

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Phoenix316 said:
    You going to be getting some competition for the best G/S remake...from me! And so far I have a lot more done too. XD

Back to you, if this is your first game, I suggest you aim low. Just make a straight G/S remake without Hoenn and the Sevii Islands. It'll just take way too long to make it.

Photoshop artist for the Pokemon paintings, not just sprited images.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    Well, it's nice to see another GS remake in the works. I always like a good variety :D
    Anyway, good luck with this project and I look forward to seeing some screens!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
    Hmm...there always seems to be a lot of G/S remakes floating around. Now what I have to say, is constructive criticism. This will be a very big task, but you should definitely not start out your first game as a Pok?mon game. If you are, you'll regret it later on.

Also, showing off some of your work already, will motivate others to help you and join in your project.

Again, as Phoenix has mentioned, it wouldn't be the best idea to put in Hoenn and the Sevii Islands...seeing how this game will also be enough trouble...

Anyways I wish you luck on this project.

AbareMax

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
    Years
    Hi everyone, sorry I amlate XP

OOOOOOHHHH!! I see a lot of positive feedbacks on my game. And here are my replies to all of you.

Daegon_Kimeron said:
    I think that rather than asking for help from the start; you should show people that hard work has alrady gone into the game already: screens, demo, etc. Anyway, good luck man.
    ^Well sorry, and I mentioned I will post some screenies in my next post and it is there in the end of my post.

Ash_Ketchum_From_Pallet said:
    Can I be a resource provider?

Oh & good luck on this project!

EDIT: Also an advertiser.
    ^ Of course you can. And thanks. I will edit my first post.

Phoenix316 said:
    ^ Thanks and I am not being rude or anything like that but I am not going to change my mind about this. I am determined to make this a great game but it will take a long time to finish. And as for photoshop artists the same thig that Ash Ketchum From Pallet said and I want people to make some suitable portraits for places like in FR/LG when you enter Mt. Moon and Viridian Fores, etc.

rubyrulez said:
    Well, it's nice to see another GS remake in the works. I always like a good variety.
    Well, it's nice to see another GS remake in the works. I always like a good variety
    Anyway, good luck with this project and I look forward to seeing some screens!
    ^Thanks and seen the end of the post for screenies.

AbareMax said:
    Hmm...there always seems to be a lot of G/S remakes floating around. Now what I have to say, is constructive criticism. This will be a very big task, but you should definitely not start out your first game as a Pok?mon game. If you are, you'll regret it later on.

Also, showing off some of your work already, will motivate others to help you and join in your project.

Again, as Phoenix has mentioned, it wouldn't be the best idea to put in Hoenn and the Sevii Islands...seeing how this game will also be enough trouble...

Anyways I wish you luck on this project.
    AbareMax
    ^Well please see the reply I have given about Phoenix's post. And I will show some screenies.

And please stop rushing me some of you might know that I have exams now. So I can't do much on the game. Thanks.

Here are some screens!

P.S. I am working on the titlescreen.

Last edited:

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Neo-Dragon said:
    the images don't seem to be loading right for me- they are all cut in half.
    yeah mine too, I think it may have something to do with photo bucket. charmander,eleon,zard#2 try to upload them again or use a different host like imageshack.us

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    First off, re-upload the screenshots as .png's and not .bmp's.

I appreciate the fact that you want to make a great game, we all do that's why we start in the first place. But you need to be realistic about this. 99% of games started are never finished, the ones that do get finished are when the author sets a realistic target for the game. Especially since this is your first game in RM2K, you are setting yourself an extremely difficult task. I don't think anybody actually completed their first games, they used it as a learning experience. And the fact that you're relying on a lot of people to help you complete it doesn't do any favors.

Please take my advice, be realistic. Finish a good game instead of trying in vain to make a great game.

Sorry if that sounded like a bit of rant :) I just really don't like seeing people aim too high and fail, I've done so I know what it's like.

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
    Years
    Okay Dawson, I guess you are right. But......

I have a plan to make a sequel after this. Well thats not important now. And those screenies didnt come fully because I kept my DAP bandwith option - Unlimited bandwidth usage. So I couldn't upload anythig fast it slows down other internet using applications. Anyways I will post all those screen (except the ones which I have already attached) again.

And please help me here I can't make a teleport between the door of the first screen (i mean the first screen below) to the door of the second (the second of the ones below and by door I mean the staircase).
    GS remake (name pending)
    GS remake (name pending)

Thanks.

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
    Years
    EVA-01 said:
    In the town screenshot, where is the lab?
    Well thats what I wanted to talk about I thought I will make the ordinary house his lab but the now I changed it. And I am making a new Title screen with the same picture or maybe a different one.

EDIT- I am notdoing the title screen since I only have MS Paint so please someone volunteer as a Photoshop artis and also I will post the updated New Bark town kater.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Alright, the name dosn't matter because I can put that in later. I'll just work on the backround first.

Back