• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen GSC Nostalgia Explosions

Years
  • Does anyone randomly get the sudden urge to play GSC at random times? Just brief flashbacks of playing cycling through Goldenrod on a tiny screen? Something reminded me of this a few minutes ago, so I want to see if anyone else does it.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yep, i'm the same. Moreso with Blue than Silver, but I get the urge to pick them up and play them randomly.

With me, it tends to be more down to the fact i've seen a Pokémon I want to raise and I get the urge to catch and raise it on Silver. I have about 30 Lv 45-55 Pokémon stored away on Stadium 2 that i've trained up just because I wanted to haha.

Years
  • Heh, one pokemon that really gives me nostalgia, (although moreso towards RBY and....shudder... the show.) would have to be Wartortle. I don't know why, though, but look at it:

GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions
    GSC Nostalgia Explosions

FalseSwipe

Finish him with False Swipe!
    Years
  • Exact same feeling with me. I always love the memory of catching a legendary. I always find something new everytime though.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I get random urges to play those games, even though my first time playing them was last year. o_O
    Kind of odd, but I'm sure when I'm much older I'll get decent nostalgia urges xD

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Oh yes, I get the urge to start a new game on Crystal from time to time. And if I had some working batteries I would be playing it right now.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I still want to re-beat the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. Team Rocket's theme is so awesome, and I enjoyed it so much... it makes me feel nostalgic XD

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I still want to re-beat the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. Team Rocket's theme is so awesome, and I enjoyed it so much... it makes me feel nostalgic XD

The music in the games is one of the reasons I keep playing it over and over. I love the music when you Battle Suicune, Raikou, and Entei.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Suddenly i get it too.. but cuz i'm too lazy to make my gold to work on my GBC (yeah its working.. i was alike AWESOME untill i went to my party and ssaw 5 caterpies..)

But crystal is best from all of 3

EDIT : oh yeah ^
    the music.. when i play it its somewhat harder than the others.. and when i've heard the remake it was WAY too soft and unscaring (first time i saw a dog was right after i left the burned tower in crystal.. after that i wanted suddenly to catch a miltank.. but i got something better.. an Entei on first encounter with a red pokeball lucky me huh.. in the end i didn't caught a miltank XD)

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I'm always thinking about X-speed Dragonite. =[

Archer: Wartortle really is the coolest looking of all the starter evos. =3

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's not so much images or thoughts that set off a compelling urge to play the games with me, but threads like this one right here. They make me think of the fun I had six years ago and wonder why I can't have it right now.

Gavin<3

Years
  • ^ what he said.
    I get urges like that very often. Yesterday I started playing Emerald again :3 But every once in a while I have a new go in Johto on Crystal, or in Kanto with Yellow game. There really is a feeling in those games unmatched in the newer ones.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Yeah, I also sometimes get random urges to pick my old Crystal version and start playing through it.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I do for Yellow.

GSC I found a bit average, but playable.

Back