• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen GSVC Countdown Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    GSVC Countdown Chat

Welcome to the 30 Day Countdown! Today marks 30 days until the Gold and Silver VC release! This thread will be updated every day counting down until the best day ever: September 22! The thread will feature fun little facts from Gold and Silver and is also a Daily Chit Chat thread! What does that mean?

Follow PC's rules firstly but otherwise this thread is free reign to discuss anything you're excited about or anything on your mind about the upcoming VC releases! If you want to discuss Gen 2 in general feel free to make a thread in the main Second Generation forum but anything that comes to mind regarding the VC remakes... have at it here! :)

30 Days to Go!
    Did you know... Silver cheated and got a Croconaw at level 16 instead of level 18!​

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    29 days to go! As for today's fun fact... you can still fish for Pokemon in Misty's gym (something you could do in RB)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    28 days! Today's fun fact? Your rival is Giovanni's son!

Years
  • I'm hoping against hope that even though they haven't announced it, Crystal somehow comes to VC as well. It was just the definitive GBC Pokemon game!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I super hope so too :( I need Crystal! It made the Johto region like a million times more amazing due to the fun little minor features. c: The Suicune stuff was a bit boring though...

Also. I skipped a day. So yay, we're now at 26 days to go! Today's fun tip... Chikorita is the hardest to battle with so avoid it at all costs if you want to beat the game easily!

Years
  • I agree in that Chikorita is the worst Johto starter to use in the game. My personal best choice would be Cyndaquil, though Totodile isn't too bad either.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well I don't want to beat the game easily so I'm picking Chikorita.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My counting skills are clearly awful haha. 23!

So today's fun little fact?? Okay it's not a fact but rather an opinion - The Magnet Train was THE cooolest thing back in the day!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    These gonna be $10 a pop, yes? Or $20? Do we know?

Years
  • According to Gamestop, 10 dollars a pop. I don't know my starter yet (or if i'm even gonna get this game lol). I LOVE Totodile (hyper little cute guy with awesome evo), but I also LOVE Chikorita (for challenge and cutenesss) but I also LOVE Cyndaquil (Cuteness at first but it's evo is so good). Let's face it...Jhoto=BEST STARTERS! So that's my opinion.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's literally this month! :)

Honestly it's true though @ post below: Johto has the hardest starters to pick... They're all amazing :( There is just something that makes them all super loveable. Maybe because their designs seem rounded? Idk!

What do you guys think the rest of Pokemon will do to celebrate these games? Re-release of the guide book? Yes please!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Honestly it's true though @ post below: Johto has the hardest starters to pick... They're all amazing :( There is just something that makes them all super loveable. Maybe because their designs seem rounded? Idk!
    That's why I'm gonna try and do that glitch where you can get all three.

What do you guys think the rest of Pokemon will do to celebrate these games? Re-release of the guide book? Yes please!
    I'm hoping US/UM will have Alolan forms of Gen 2 Pokemon as a tie in.
    Maybe they could release a new version of the Pocket Pikachu 2 or the Pokewalker that could connect to the 3DS so you can get rare items on G/S's Mystery Gift.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

I still have my original guide book somewhere. Covers worn off, pages gone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I wish they would make a Pokewalker for the games... but alas. :( What I think will happen is... literally nothing. Maybe just a Celebi distribution. It's sad actually when you think about it - these games were literally the pride and joy of Pokemon, I mean, if they were bad then we weren't gonna get a gen 3 or anything further than that. I would LOVE if they brought out all the books and toys that I had back when I first explored Johto, made the region sooo much more memorable! :)

I legit though have so many happy memories of exploring GSC. It was literally my childhood, my love, my everything. The Celebi event I went to where I saw SOOOOOO many people IRL just... in love with Pokemon as a kid was incredible. Guys I'm so excited lol Honestly all the merch just added to the amazing moments. :)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I really wanna know what's in the special edition, I love these games so much I might buy them (even if it's gotta be in Spanish). I really hope there's some cool stuff in there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guess I got my answer! Those in Japan that pre-order get a special GS 3DS theme. Here's hoping we get it as well :)

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think I'm going to play through Gold like I would any new release. Catching everything. Also plan on hopefully beating Red for the first time ever before Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon come out.

Then I'll transfer everything over via PokeBank.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well I just got a $20+ refund on Amazon for something I ordered earlier in the year being broken already, so I guess I'll be buying both of these games now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back