• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GT 2021 Pokémon Challenge: Baton Pass

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  • Lycan's finished Platinum
    If anyone's asking for proof on that one, lemme help~
    GT 2021 Pokémon Challenge: Baton Pass

Snagged that one from Discord, actually. 😅

Last edited:
    Years
  • ☘️ Rabinov

- Available for playing: All games from Gen 1 to Gen 5
    - Save file: Rabinov - Pokémon Leaf Green
    Rules:
    #1: You may not use any Female Pokémon in battle (unless they're a gift, such as the starter).
    #2: If a Pokémon knows a move with less than 80% Precision, it cannot be used in battle.
    #3: You may only evolve one Pokémon per segment. Choose wisely!

Segment #1 - Leaf Green - Rabi - Badge #1

Pick Bulbasaur destroy everything in my path. GGs Brock, you loser.

Segment #2 - Fire Red - Marcin - Badge #3

REALLY branching my horizons out here. Basically this was just to train some mons up for Marcin and then get a Diglett to clean sweep Surge. Standard affair.

Segment #3 - Leaf Green - Rabi - Badge #3

OMG WOW THE SAME SEGMENT AGAIN AM SO ORIGINAL. Surge got dunked twice. Go figure.

Segment #4 - Emerald - Vendily - Badge #4

Super easy segment this one - just smashed through everyone with a Numel solo - CAMEL the Numel went from level 15 to 34 by the time I beat Flannery (therefore being my only evolution for that segment).

Segment #5 - Fire Red - Marcin - Badge #5

So I'm well acquainted with this save now, as me and Marcin keep bouncing back and forth! Decided to give him some more mates to play with and went on an absolute monster grindfest, as we're closing in on the E4 pretty sharpish! After catching Dratini, Venonat, Snorlax and Gyarados, that should give some more options at least! After several hours of getting some levels, I basically got bored and have now beat Koga, taking this up to 5 Badges!

Segment #6 - Platinum - Lycanthropy - Badge #6

So nearing the end of the GT, I thankfully don't need to worry about future planning and bolstering teams ready for the E4, I can just smash through each segment. With SOLUM the Torterra, this had to be one of my easiest segments yet! Learning Earthquake at level 32 and access to some good Grass moves, I just spammed Floatzels outside of Canalave until level 43 and smashed through Canalave Gym, earning the Mine Badge and closing this save down! Although I did also train up a Floatzel and give it Brick Break ready for Candice...

Segment #7 - Platinum - Lycanthropy - Badge #8

Ah, returning to an old friend (and definitely not bouncing saves with another Solum member!). We decided to cheese the game by abusing Gallade like there is no tomorrow, so after a HUGE segment of Mt. Coronet, Distortion World AND grinding Gallade up to nearly level 50, we were finally ready to make way to the Elite Four on this one!

Segment #8 - Emerald - Vendily - Badge #6

A nice break from all that grinding fortunately! We were running low on numbers AND had a Flying Gym coming up... so now seemed like aperfect time to pick that Manectric up that was going to sweep Wallace for us. Easy segment, easy win!

Segment #9 - Fire Red - Marcin - Badge #8

My old lovelies! Was fun to scour this save again, unfortuantely I was pressed for time so my poor partner at this point may struggle a tiny bit with the Champion, but this was a breeze to fly through - Venusaur and Nidoking made quick work of Giovanni, meaning it was League time for this save too!

Segment #10 - Emerald - Vendily - Badge #8

Gross segments are gross - lots of Surfing literally everywhere. Did manage to finally get the save done though.

And there's my final post. After about 7 hours solid of Pokémon today and finishing at 5am, I don't want to see another Pokémon game again.

Years
  • everything else i've played has been posted (Supercookie's heart gold by TwentyExEx, my Sapphire and IB's Ruby by Ash Ketchup). Platinum doesn't count as I beat the E4 with Giratina, so the most recent image of that would be when TwentyExEx beat Volkner.
    heres plat anyway tho
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday

FInal Leaderboard

So, using all the pictures I could find in the thread and in Discord... and yes, I asked you all to post as much proof as you could simply to make this job easier, I have finally compiled the final leaderboard, with the points that will be ultimately assigned to each team <3
    Honestly it feels like I always forget one or two details when I organize challenges such as this one, and I feel like I deserve you all an apology for that - concept over execution, I suppose - but at the same time, I'm very very happy to hear from many of you that this challenge has been enjoyable and fun! It has been some sort of a gamble, that's for sure - think about all those rules, the restriction to use emulators or to extract save files to pass around - but it surely paid off and fit in perfectly with this Get Together!

And so, the final points are...

Caelum
    9 Saves started
    1 Save at 3 Badges
    3 Saves at 6 Badges
    3 Saves at Hall of Fame
    950 Points
    Aecor
    8 Saves started
    1 Save at 3 Badges
    3 Saves at 6 Badges
    2 Saves at Hall of Fame