• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Planning] GT Challenge Event

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Making a very quick thread for now but the final product with CSS and stuff will probably end up here anyways~

Me and Janp briefly discussed about some ideas, all potentially related to the concept of this year's GT but I'm still debating what to go for. So, here's all of them :)

1. Fill in the Pokédex (again)

The idea here is that each team is given one (or more) Pokémon Randomizer presets to patch their roms with. Then, they play the games - in which Pokémon distribution will be the same as in the vanilla games, but types, moves and abilities will all be randomized. Players won't know about any of those changes, until they catch a certain Pokémon or scout their new types, moves or abilities in battle. Each trait that is guessed right can get each team some points and that will ultimately decide who wins!
    • Not randomizing Pokémon distribution means that there's some incentive in sticking to one save file and progress in the game. You'll get to see late-game Pokémon, for example Snover in DPPt, Spheal in RSE, or even Deino in BW.
    • Giving the same preset to each member of the team means that you can sort of split the work, catch different Pokémon, and so on.
    • To make things simple here, the best option might be to just "force" each team to play the same game (potentially Emerald for both, just with different presets) but of course, that's the biggest problem with this kind of event: people need to have ROMs of the same game, download and use the Randomizer to apply the preset themselves (since the whole game can't be shared), and of course tallying up points will be very fun.
    • Presets would likely have to be created by one member of a team for everyone else in the opposite team. The person who creates presets should be able to get also a log file of all the changes that can be used to see if the other team actually gets it right or is filling in the wrong information on their "Pokédex" - which will likely amount to a spreadsheet if we can't think of anything better. This will, of course, be also quite hard to prepare.

2. Battle Tower?

Here we would finally make a challenge that doesn't focus on completing a game... crazy, right? The goal here is to provide everyone with a save-file that's already in the postgame and that has already a bunch of Pokémon available. The challenge itself would then become to complete fights within the game of choice's Battle Tower or Battle Frontier with the available Pokémon... possibly by adding further personalized restrictions or little challenges to make things interesting. We might also add in gimmick sets for Pokémon (I mean, it fits with Area Zero and such) and see what everyone comes up with. Points would probably be tallied not with the longest streak (but it might be an achievement?) but by completing a set of 7 battles with different conditions and Pokémon teams. Of course this event has two main problems, first that it requires EXTENSIVE work on the PokéSav (which I can't use), and second, that it feels a bit boring as a concept (all you do is battle) and really needs some good Pokémon and challenge ideas to stay interesting. Not sure how much overlap there would be with Devalue's PvE Stadium event, also.

3. Something else?

If these don't quite work, it's fine... I'm still thinking of how to have a Pokémon challenge that builds upon the GT's theme of past and future randomly clashing. If we want a challenge that is more standard and more similar to past ones - where your goal is ultimately to complete a game and end up in the hall of fame - then of course options 1 and 2 are Not good for that. But that's also why I figured it's better to just write it out and see what you all think! This is definitely going to help with finalizing the challenge even considering that this is a busy year for me ♥

Years
    You could do something with a set list of Pokemon that can be used maybe? Fossils/paradoxes/some extra stuff like Relicanth for past and stuff like porygon/magnemite/space-themed mon like clefairy and elgyem/paradoxes for future? Using a different list depending on what team you're on.

Not sure what else you could add to that concept though.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    1. Likes the idea of a Pokedex completion challenge. Brought up some fair concerns, though. Seems simplest to do a single game. (Demands so much checking to do more than one.) Would personally not participate if it was, though...probably. Refrains from using ROMs without owning the physical version. Excludes Emerald and Platinum, among others. Likely stands in the minority on qualms like that, however.

Might be able to do it without the randomizer. Just catch all the Pokemon. Is the end experience that much different? Or, on a similar vein as Pokedex completion: an item hunt. Collect all the healing items, berries, key items, and so on. Could be an additional thing on top of filling in the Pokedex. (Downside: Favors newer games on that.)

One question: how would you submit moves? Do you need to see the whole level-up moveset? Will just four suffice?

2. How would you get the Pokemon, also? Would they be provided in the save file? Do you have to hack them all in? Are you expected to train them?

Do not worry about overlap with the Pokemon Stadium PvE event on this. Describes it as a step up from Metronome battles. Involves some thought on team and item selection. Pick a god and pray after that. Selects all the moves semi-randomly. Might have to put the "step up from Metronome battles" part into the thread. Sets expectations well.

3. For a past and future theme, how about choosing between a restriction on what you do in the future (example: Cannot use any Normal moves for the rest of the game) and what you did in the past (example: Sell all your items on-hand. Cannot use the TMs currently on you again.). Could be a choice between a known restriction and a mystery future restriction also. Veers away from "past versus future" and into "present versus future", admittedly.

Years
    I like the idea of researching Pokémon and could easily prepare all randomizers. But I can see the problem with requiring the use of a randomizer. Maybe we could let people vote on which game participants want to play through?

For the second idea, I once again like the idea and could probably prepare some saves. But once again, there might be a problem with participants not knowing how to set up our saves.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Pings:
    Spoiler:

First, thank you all for the help! Sorry it took me some time but I'm doing what I can - in fact I'm writing this from a ferry ♥

• For GP - about your idea of completing a normal run using only certain Pokémon... there's a few points I'm not so sure about. First, I wouldn't really know how to tally up points for such an event, and if it's just about including all of the necessary Pokémon in your team or completing the game, then... I think we would run into a problem of nearly everyone getting the max score possible for their runs, which ends up just giving a lot of advantage to the team that ends up having the most active players, with more time on their hands. There's less luck and "skill" involved in a system like that, and I think the challenge would get pretty boring as it would be quite difficult to see any interesting development or overtake (of one team over the other) as it progresses and points keep getting added.
    • Randomizer is an idea I had in mind for a while (ask Janp haha) but like I said the first time, I can definitely see the hassle with setting everything up (without breaking PC rules and laws in general). As for the alternatives that have been suggested, though...
      • catch all the Pokémon: I just assume this would end up being a boring playthrough where, once again, only the players that have the most time on their hands would really get rewarded. Which honestly might be a problem of the randomizer as a whole but... oops. The idea with randomizing moves, types and so on was to make the game feel completely different than usual, which would have in itself made it more fun and interesting to play, but also have players come up with different tactics than just catching a Pokémon to find out those traits about it (I mean, Pokéballs cost money. We might add a cap on how many Pokémon a player can catch to make things even more drastic, but yeah). Basically - the idea is that if you fight against a wild Pokémon or trainer's Pokémon, with some luck, you can already get to see its moves and maybe even abilities (ex. Intimidate, Lightning Rod, etc.) and that's exactly what I would like to encourage players to do. As for moves, any move that ends up being in the level up learnset would count (I believe the log from the randomizers gives you those moves anyways, so that's nice for getting points). I don't expect or necessarily want anyone to get a lot of points for moves so this should be fine... the more you get the better. I think that discovering types and abilities would have to give a much higher amount of points than moves though.
      • Item treasure hunt: I like the idea a lot but maybe it should only be done with a select few items per player / team. Items such as certain TMs (think Ice Beam in RSE) that require you to visit additional areas or take detours and that will make you think "should I go, should I just have a teammate go there in their game" and so on. This should also make it less skewed against older games.
    • For the Battle Tower thing: yeah, the idea is to share savefiles that are already past the league, with a whole bunch of hacked Pokémon inside. No real training, I would even say no possibility of changing anything about them (moves etc), just take them as if it was the Battle Factory and have at it. Of course to make things interesting I guess we'd need some random elements, rules, or just a bunch of gimmick sets that you kinda have to make do with... otherwise it can become another very grindy challenge that's no real fun to play with and that once again favors those who have a lot of time more than anything.
    • For Janp: not very happy on the idea of making people vote, since that takes away some time from the actual runtime of the challenge (the GT is only two weeks, and we needed almost six for the valentine's day challenge...) and if we do end up tallying up points ourselves instead of doing it in an automatic way (Excel???) that also takes up some time from the total runtime of the GT. I had the ill-fated idea of going for two small scale events at the same time, something like the battle tower and some item hunt, but that's a lot to prepare for just a single GT, especially knowing our irl schedules. So yeah... might be better to just settle on one and get to work 😅
      Btw, I don't think there would be a lot of issues with save files, knowing we already used those for the Egglocke and it's not super hard to do anyways using the universal pokemon randomizer is, though... apparently it also needs Java...
    • The last idea of choosing a past or a future restriction... I don't think I understood that and it left me a bit confused.

And that should be all from me for now :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    The last idea of choosing a past or a future restriction... I don't think I understood that and it left me a bit confused.[/list]
    A different example: Kanto. Just beat Brock. Updates your progress in the challenge thread. Receives a choice:
    • Past restriction: Affects Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, Route 2, Route 22, Viridian Forest, and Pewter City. Cannot use any TMs obtained in those areas. May not catch Pokemon, pick up items (including Old Amber), or use their Pokemon Centers for the rest of the playthrough.
    • Future restriction: Affects Route 3, Route 4, Mt. Moon, Route 24, Route 25, and Cerulean City. Cannot pick up any items, revive whatever fossil you get there, or use any TMs from there for the rest of the playthrough. Cannot catch/receive/trade Pokemon in those areas unless necessary to progress.

Affects what you did prior to Brock or what you do after Brock, basically.

One downside: Expects past restrictions to be more difficult to come up with. Destroys someone's progress only so much: release Pokemon, delete moves, lose all money, and drop all items. Cannot really use the above example in Paldea very easily either.

Years
    Sorry for taking this long to reply, but I don't think I'll have a good combination of time, energy and WiFi connection, so I'll keep it short.

Set of rules for future and past - it sounds similar to Time Warp Challenge, so I would rather not do it.

I still think the randomized science challenge is cool and we could pull it off. I get Loomie's concerns about time.

But I also have a proposition (maybe it is good mood and alcohol talking): Let's do another MAP event. They used to be popular and while they usually completely broke me mentally, I think I should have enough time and energy to manage it in August. I also think we could automatize it a little bit.

Years
    Sorry for taking this long to reply, but I don't think I'll have a good combination of time, energy and WiFi connection, so I'll keep it short.

Set of rules for future and past - it sounds similar to Time Warp Challenge, so I would rather not do it.

I still think the randomized science challenge is cool and we could pull it off. I get Loomie's concerns about time.

But I also have a proposition (maybe it is good mood and alcohol talking): Let's do another MAP event. They used to be popular and while they usually completely broke me mentally, I think I should have enough time and energy to manage it in August. I also think we could automatize it a little bit.

MAP?

Years
    You know, the type of Challenges event, where participants move around a map and get new special rules. They used to be quite popular during GT, but also pretty hard to manage.

I can't find GT archive on mobile, so here's the link to one of our Halloween iterations.

So my ultimate concern is that these Challenge events are notoriously time-consuming and taxing enough as it is, I'd be worried (especially with how stretched your time can be Janp) that we get confusion similar to previous events and I don't want it to be that you and Loomie are having to just spend the whole fortnight monitoring the event to make sure it's running properly.

If you think you can smooth out (i.e. maybe lessen the rooms or something) the example you linked, I think it would be an interesting thing to bring back for the GT.

In terms of the ideas thrown around:

The Battle Tower idea for me is interesting in terms of using it to figure out your presets and such, but I wouldn't underestimate users here. This could be solved very quickly and because all you are doing is that, ultimately once that is figured out you just keep completing 7 battle runs and stack up points. I do also agree with the point that... really it's just going to be battling and for some people that might not be what makes these events fun for them.

I think sticking to the 'usual' format of playing through a whole game would be better, if nothing else it gives more scope for your challenges and the such. Especially paired with a randomiser, meaning it's already shaking up how the event could be played anyway (i.e. normally a Ruby player knows the game inside out and can catch X Pokémon in Route Y to deal with Z issue, but suddenly that's all turned upside down when the Numel you would catch is now actually a Dratini).

In terms of the file generation - you can at least just use the Seeds produced, right? I guess one issue is having to get people to obtain the Universal Randomiser to then set up the file etc. which I guess means it rules out people using mobiles/physical copies of the game.

Would it be worth looking at a ruleset/set of challenges/whatever based on something similar to what GP mentioned (so using 'past'/'future' Pokémon) or whatever, and then either coming up with sets for both randomised and un-randomised files? Just a thought.

Years
    So my ultimate concern is that these Challenge events are notoriously time-consuming and taxing enough as it is, I'd be worried (especially with how stretched your time can be Janp) that we get confusion similar to previous events and I don't want it to be that you and Loomie are having to just spend the whole fortnight monitoring the event to make sure it's running properly.
    Yeah, that's why I only mentioned it as a "plan B". I still think the original idea of exploring randomized games could work the best - both for us and players.

I'll wait for Loomie to get her opinion on this and will slowly start preparing randomized seeds and Pokémon sets to test everything.

Years
    I'll throw this in here so I and Loomie can edit it, when we have a free moment. I have both maps pretty much ready, but I'm not on my PC right now, so I'll upload them later. There seems to be a problem with Bulbapedia's images, but that will be easy to fix.

TO-DO LIST:
    Update the thread for this year.
    Update css colours.
    Update the map.

MAIN POST:

GET-TOGETHER 2023 POKÉMON CHALLENGE

As it turns out, two professors from different time periods suddenly bumping into each other in a place neither belongs to is not the only weird thing happening right now in Area Zero. More time anomalies are occurring, more strange items are appearing, and there's a lot to be discovered - or be afraid of - as you all try to make sense of what happened. Time to learn more and experiment with these anomalies yourself as you try to help Grand Oak and Laventon to get back to their time! What could possibly go wrong?

General Rules:
    • This Challenge can be played on any Pokémon game or fangame, as long as it's completed by defeating the usual 8 gyms (or trials) and the following Elite 4 and League. For games set in Alola, Kahuna battles act as the even-numbered gyms, while odd-numbered gyms correspond to the Verdant Trial, Wela Volcano Park, Abandoned Supermarket and Vast Poni Canyon trials.
    • The Challenge is considered completed once you get the credits to roll!
    • Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are banned from this challenge. Pokémon Amie, Refresh, and the EXP Share are allowed in all games in which they exist.
    • If you need to evolve a Pokémon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading allowed. Similarly, hacking or trading in items is allowed for evolutions, provided it is unavailable before the Elite Four in your game.
    • Map will be updated at least once per day - please be patient if you don't get everything sorted out immediately! We'll do our best ♥
    • Talking points (a.k.a. the main reason why you all come play), beating 4 gyms and posting the relative update here will grant you - as a single player - 100 Challenge Points, which will become 200 when you finish your challenge. Challenge points can also be added through certain rules and achievements you may be able to get as you explore the challenge maps (see below)!
    • How does this translate to GT Points? The team who obtains the most Challenge Points will be awarded 300 GT points at the end of the event, while the second team will obtain an amount of points depending on how far behind the first team they were. We'll just do a basic proportion - winner team's challenge points : 300 GT points = second team's challenge points : second team's GT points.
    • If you have any questions, feel free to message us Challenge Mods, Eleanor and Janp

Out-of-Time Challenge Rules
    • The "Challenge" here is that you will not only play the game of your choosing, but also will move on the maps below. When you sign up, choose your starting position and a trainer sprite that should represent you on the map in your sign-up. Feel free to specify which gender and generation you want your sprite to be from - and for Gen VI+ trainer classes, please choose an older overworld sprite to represent you in the game map below.
    • After finishing each Gym, post in the thread and include the number of a room adjacent to where your character is. If you're standing in a room with a time warp, you can also choose to walk through it. Who knows where it will take you? Your character will then move to the selected room the next time I update the thread and you will be given an additional rule, which you have to play with for the remainder of the run unless mentioned otherwise. This way, you will have a very unique (and hopefully fun) Challenge. If you want to check the list of your rules, just click on your character on the map.
    • After signing up or obtaining a badge, please wait until you are told what your new rule is before proceeding.
    • In the case of a contradiction between the general rules here and the personalized rules from moving through the map, the text of the personalized rule prevails unless noted otherwise.

FIND SPECIAL ARTIFACTS!
    There are several ancient artifacts you can find during this event. These artifacts are so cursed that they will add new rule to every player (or maybe to just members of one team) currently participating in the event. These rules are also known as Global Rules and takes effect with your next update or from the moment you found out about them (your choice here).

ACHIEVEMENTS ARE BACK!
    That's right! Explore the map, investigate weird time portals and find things out of their time! Maybe, if you're good enough, you'll hit a jackpot!

Sign-up:
    Name:
    Trainer Class:
    Your favourite time traveller:
    Game of choice:
    Where you want to start on the map (please choose a number):

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Champions:
    Spoiler:

Challenge created by Eleanor and Janp

MAP:
    [a id]map[/a id]

OUT OF TIME MAPS
      [tab=map1]The Future[/tab] | [tab=map2]The Past[/tab]

*Segment = Part between 2 Gyms. It starts with beating one and ends with beating next one.

GT Challenge Event

Click on a Trainer to view the rules for that player!

[a id]Janp[/a id]

GT Challenge Event
    Janp

Badges: 0/8
    Game: GAME
    Rule 1 - Description 1
    Rule 2 - Description 2
    Rule 3 - Description 3

back to map ↑​

[a id]temp[/a id]

GT Challenge Event
    Template

Game: GAME
    Rule 1 - Description 1
    Rule 2 - Description 2
    Rule 3 - Description 3

back to map ↑​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    In terms of CSS, don't forget to change some of that centered text i.e. centralised bullet points look very weird. Also it seems the second post has eaten some of the bottom.

the concept looks good though and most importantly it's something you both are familiar with, so at least it's hopefully a little easier to run. I'm fine with everything as it is once that thread is tidied up.

Years
    Okay, I think I'm mostly done with the thread and a map. Loomie, when you have time, can you look at it?

Maps right now feel a little bit empty, but I can't think of anything to make them better and not feel like overcrowded. There will also be a fog of war on them and each room will be numbered, I just wanted to post a clear version here.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Okay, I think I'm mostly done with the thread and a map. Loomie, when you have time, can you look at it?

Maps right now feel a little bit empty, but I can't think of anything to make them better and not feel like overcrowded. There will also be a fog of war on them and each room will be numbered, I just wanted to post a clear version here.

Alright alright I'm here, sorry for my absence 😢

For the maps: they're not bad at all, I like the design! Something that might be worth trying out though - instead of adding more details - could be... maybe make some rooms smaller? And perhaps make even horizontal walls in the Future maps thicker, just like how vertical walls have the black tile in the middle.

For the thread, it looks great already - I might still be able to look at it better and change some very minor things before we put this up but the bulk of it looks pretty much ready (thank you so much for putting it all up!)

And finally, should we do like last year where we would award "Challenge Points" and then normalize the score into regular GT points to award each team? IIRC that worked out well with balancing the score between different events~

Years
    And finally, should we do like last year where we would award "Challenge Points" and then normalize the score into regular GT points to award each team? IIRC that worked out well with balancing the score between different events~
    I knew we did something like that with points last year, but I wasn't sure. It would be great if you can edit it in.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    uhh very fast, updated thread with a new player board system thingy and some edits:

Get-Together 2023 Pokémon Challenge
    ← RUNNING OUT OF TIME →

Current scores (Challenge Points):
    Apricorns: 0
    Gears: 0

As it turns out, two professors from different time periods suddenly bumping into each other in a place neither belongs to is not the only weird thing happening right now in Area Zero. More time anomalies are occurring, more strange items are appearing, and there's a lot to be discovered - or be afraid of - as you all try to make sense of what happened. Time to learn more and experiment with these anomalies yourself as you try to help Grand Oak and Laventon to get back to their time! What could possibly go wrong?

General Rules:
    • This Challenge can be played on any Pokémon game or fangame, as long as it's completed by defeating the usual 8 gyms (or trials) and the following Elite 4 and League. For games set in Alola, Kahuna battles act as the even-numbered gyms, while odd-numbered gyms correspond to the Verdant Trial, Wela Volcano Park, Abandoned Supermarket and Vast Poni Canyon trials. Each stretch of the game between two gyms (or the trials mentioned above) will be referenced to as Segment.
    • Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are banned from this challenge. Pokémon Amie, Refresh, and the EXP Share are allowed in all games in which they exist.
    • If you need to evolve a Pokémon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading allowed. Similarly, hacking or trading in items is allowed for evolutions, provided it is unavailable before the Elite Four in your game.
    • Map will be updated at least once per day - please be patient if you don't get everything sorted out immediately! We'll do our best ♥
    • Talking points (a.k.a. the main reason why you all come play): beating 4 gyms and posting the relative update here will grant you - as a single player - 100 Challenge Points, which will become 200 when you finish your challenge. Challenge points can also be added through certain rules and achievements you may be able to get as you explore the challenge maps (see below)!
    • How does this translate to GT Points? The team who obtains the most Challenge Points will be awarded 300 GT points at the end of the event, while the second team will obtain a lower amount of GT points, depending on how far behind the first team they were.
      We'll just do a basic proportion - winner team's challenge points : 300 GT points = second team's challenge points : second team's GT points.
    • If you have any questions, feel free to message us Challenge Mods, Eleanor and Janp.

• The "Challenge" here is that you will not only play the game of your choosing, but also will move on the maps below. When you sign up, choose your starting position and a trainer sprite that should represent you on the map in your sign-up. Feel free to specify which gender and generation you want your sprite to be from - and for Gen VI+ trainer classes, please choose an older overworld sprite to represent you in the game map below.
    • After finishing each Gym, post in the thread and include the number of a room adjacent to where your character is. If you're standing in a room with a time warp, you can also choose to walk through it. Who knows where it will take you? Your character will then move to the selected room the next time I update the thread and you will be given an additional rule, which you have to play with for the remainder of the run unless mentioned otherwise. This way, you will have a very unique (and hopefully fun) Challenge. If you want to check the list of your rules, just click on your character on the map.
    • After signing up or obtaining a badge, please wait until you are told what your new rule is before proceeding.
    • In the case of a contradiction between the general rules here and the personalized rules from moving through the map, the text of the personalized rule prevails unless noted otherwise.

FIND SPECIAL ARTIFACTS!
    There are several ancient artifacts you can find during this event. These artifacts are so cursed that they will add new rules to every player from your team (or both!) currently participating in the event. These rules are also known as Global Rules and take effect with your next update or from the moment you found out about them (your choice).

ACHIEVEMENTS ARE BACK!
    That's right! Explore the map, investigate weird time portals and find things out of their time! Maybe, if you're good enough, you'll hit a jackpot!

Sign-up:
    Name:
    Trainer Class:
    Game of choice:
    Where you want to start on the map: - the starting areas are Future 1, 2 and 3, and Past 1 and 2. Just choose one of these areas and move from there!

Check your information on the player board below!

Challenge created by Eleanor and Janp.

MAP:
    [a id]map[/a id]

'OUT OF TIME' MAPS
      [tab=hello]❌[/tab] | [tab=map3]🔭 The Future[/tab] | [tab=map4]🌱 The Past[/tab]

Choose the map you want to take a look at!

GT Challenge Event
    janp

Player Rules

[tab=global]🌎 ← Global Rules[/tab]

Team Apricorns:
      [tab=jamp]Janp[/tab]

Team Gears:

GLOBAL RULES

- none so far!

Click on a player's name to see their individual rules.

Janp

Pokémon something
    Rules:
    none yet!

Last edited:
    Years
    uhh very fast, updated thread with a new player board system thingy and some edits:

Get-Together 2023 Pokémon Challenge
    RUNNING OUT OF TIME

General Rules:
    • This Challenge can be played on any Pokémon game or fangame, as long as it's completed by defeating the usual 8 gyms (or trials) and the following Elite 4 and League. For games set in Alola, Kahuna battles act as the even-numbered gyms, while odd-numbered gyms correspond to the Verdant Trial, Wela Volcano Park, Abandoned Supermarket and Vast Poni Canyon trials. Each stretch of the game between two gyms (or the trials mentioned above) will be referenced to as Segment.
    • Talking points (a.k.a. the main reason why you all come play): beating 4 gyms and posting the relative update here will grant you - as a single player - 100 Challenge Points, which will become 200 when you finish your challenge. Challenge points can also be added through certain rules and achievements you may be able to get as you explore the challenge maps (see below)!
    • How does this translate to GT Points? The team who obtains the most Challenge Points will be awarded 300 GT points at the end of the event, while the second team will obtain an amount of points depending on how far behind the first team they were.
      We'll just do a basic proportion - winner team's challenge points : 300 GT points = second team's challenge points : second team's GT points.
    • If you have any questions, feel free to message us Challenge Mods, Eleanor and Janp.

FIND SPECIAL ARTIFACTS!
    There are several ancient artifacts you can find during this event. These artifacts are so cursed that they will add new rules to every player from your team (or both!) currently participating in the event. These rules are also known as Global Rules and take effect with your next update or from the moment you found out about them (your choice).

ACHIEVEMENTS ARE BACK!

Sign-up:
    Name:
    Trainer Class:
    Game of choice:
    Where you want to start on the map (please choose a map area that's currently lit up):

Check your information on the player board below!

Challenge created by Eleanor and Janp.

MAP:
    [a id]map[/a id]

'OUT OF TIME' MAPS
      [tab=hello]❌[/tab] | [tab=map3]🔭 The Future[/tab] | [tab=map4]🌱 The Past[/tab]

Choose the map you want to take a look at!

GT Challenge Event
    janp

Player Rules

[tab=global]🌎 ← Global Rules[/tab]

Team Apricorns:
      [tab=jamp]Janp[/tab]

Team Gears:

GLOBAL RULES

- none so far!

Click on a player's name to see their individual rules.

Janp

Pokémon something
    Rules:
    none yet!

Your maps aren't working for me if they're supposed to be there already. Also, I think you should explain the losing team's points more clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Your maps aren't working for me if they're supposed to be there already. Also, I think you should explain the losing team's points more clearly.

maps work for me - to be fair though, we should be adding the numbers to each room (which should be up to Janp, they have all the overlay files). If you don't see them it's because i've momentarily put a nearly solid black overlay in the meantime.
    As for explaining the losing team's points... there's the math formula there :| I'm not sure how else to explain it

Back