• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, looks like i failed this challenge so hard... I only got to Virbank City and after getting stuck in that movie area, unable to save and refusing to start whole challenge again, I gave up...

Years
  • There seems to have been some confusion. Apparently someone thought your game was invalid because you're playing a ROM hack, but this is incorrect due to the fact that ROM Hacks are allowed by the rules.

Thankyou for bringing back my previous post. I was in the middle of the game and about to update when I saw that it was deleted - I nearly quit playing without saving after that - but I should be able to make an update post in few hours when I am done with some more game~

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    So I had some problems catching Banette yesterday, so I had to trade for a Shuppet which I then bred. I've also updated my team's movesets and done some more grinding since my last update. As soon as Shuppet evolves and catches up with the rest of the team in level, I should be ready to take on the Elite Four!

018.png
    Pidgeot / lv64 / Return, Fly, U-turn, Roost
    576.png
    Gothitelle / lv64 / Psychic, Energy Ball, Future Sight, Heal Block
    479w.png
    Rotom / lv64 / Rain Dance, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Ominous Wind
    354.png
    Banette / lv51 / Knock Off, Protect, Will-O-Wisp, Screech
    197.png
    Umbreon / lv63 / Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, Dark Pulse
    715.png
    Noivern / lv64 / Boomburst, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Super Fang

Edit: Shuppet evolved and everyone's gained a few levels!

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    GT challenge final update (3)

nothing went my way in the ladder half of the e4, and by that I mean absolutely nothing xD I was able to easily knock out Malva, Drasna and Siebold. the trouble started when Wikstrom's Aegilslash kept fooling me with kings shield, I could not predict at all what move he was going to use. luckily, i was able to take it out with Dewgong's shear cold after a couple revives.

but... i wasn't out of the hot water yet. after battleing my way through Diantha's mons, she was only left with her gardevoir. I was expecting it to be relatively easy, but man was I wrong. I had forgotten to give my gardevoir its mega stone, and since all of my other mons were weak to her gardevoir's plethora of attacks, all I could use was my gardevoir o.o it ended up being a revive fest that lasted about 15/20 minutes.

I was finally able to win when its Shadow Ball ran out of PP. thus bringing an end to my challenge.

final team:

Spoiler:

Challenge: Complete

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Hmm, the only working computer was gone today and yesterday, so I hope I'll be able to finish this in time...

Current team:
    009.gif

Seabubble Junior the Blastoise, level 45
    Also fully trained now, with a final moveset:
    >Rain Dance
    >Rock Slide
    >Surf
    >Bite

076.gif

Earthburst Junior the Golem, level 45
    >Double-Edge
    >Rock Blast
    >Earthquake
    >Explosion(?)

059.gif

Rival the Arcanine, level 45
    Being trained right now using Exp. Share. I evolved him right after he learned Flamethrower and ExtremeSpeed will be a thing too.
    (Semi-)Final moveset:
    >ExtremeSpeed
    >Fire Fang
    >Flamethrower
    >Reversal

326.gif

Mr. Peertje the Grumpig, level 46
    Also being trained up with the Exp. Share, and currently has a Rest-Snore combination.
    Final moveset:
    >Rest
    >Snore
    >Psybeam
    >Payback

189.gif

Lon the Jumpluff, level 41
    As you can see, everyone is fully evolved now. This one only has Grass moves up until now but that will be changed later.

359.gif

Dani the Absol, level 48
    Just something else, since I couldn't think of anything with a deep meaning.

Tomorrow, I will raise Lon's level up to 45 and go to the Elite Four. It should actually be finished until the day is over. See you guys then!

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I was able to complete my team, hope I still have time to complete the challenge. By the way, is there a limit of ítems that can be used agaisnt the elite 4 or are ítems not allowed? like fullrestore and revives

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I was able to complete my team, hope I still have time to complete the challenge. By the way, is there a limit of ítems that can be used agaisnt the elite 4 or are ítems not allowed? like fullrestore and revives
    There's no rules on items. Use whatever you need to.

Years
  • I won't be able to finish this in time sadly D: But I will finish the game because I enjoy playing with this team x3 It was a fun challenge though ^^

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I won't be able to finish this in time sadly D: But I will finish the game because I enjoy playing with this team x3 It was a fun challenge though ^^
    Well ya still got today and tomorrow, so either way. At the least you qualify for participation haha!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I finally have my team! I decided to use Butterfree for #11, since Mightyena seems way too similar to Luxray. I caught an easy Caterpie in Santalune Forest, and I hunted Cryogonal for a couple of hours in the Frost Cavern. Bred a Drought Vulpix with four egg moves, and a Numel with Growth to take advantage of the sun. Luxio and Pumpkaboo were caught in the FS. This is what they look like untouched, so I have a long training session scheduled for tomorrow, hehe.

Oh, and you get a cookie for guessing the naming theme, hehe.

f6daddc0-33db-11e3-8e71-068eb58f148d.png
    Pokemon Trainer Miau Trained: 0/6 League: 0/4

010.png

Allegretto ♂ Lv. 2
    Shield Dust
    Timid and takes plenty of siestas
    Tackle · String Shot
    n/a · n/a
    405.png

Bluebell ♀ Lv. 30
    Rivalry
    Adamant and alert to sounds
    Spark · Bite
    Roar · Swagger
    037.png

Belladonna ♀ Lv. 1
    Drought
    Timid and capable of taking hits
    Feint Attack · Heat Wave
    Hex · Hypnosis

322.png

Ellipsis ♂ Lv. 1
    Simple
    Relaxed, but likes to thrash about?!
    Growl · Tackle
    Growth · n/a
    710.png

Frilly ♂ Lv. 30
    Insomnia
    Adamant, also likes to thrash about
    Razor Leaf · Leech Seed
    Bullet Seed · Shadow Sneak
    615.png

Aquarelle Lv. 40
    Levitate
    Timid and very finicky
    Acid Armor · Ice Beam
    Light Screen · Reflect

Last edited:

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    I've got a free day tommorrow so I'll try and speed run this thing.

Username: Orrefan8888
    Game: Pokemon Y
    Favorite Pokemon: Dragonite
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Planned Team:

#011 - Staraptor
    Rivalry - Kabutops
    Harsh Weather - Meganium for a Sunny Day, Synthesis, Leech Seed, and Solarbeam combo. Siebold
    better watch out!
    Hoenn Confirmed! - Gardevoir
    Unity - Lucario (AoTora's fav, I believe he was the last one up)
    Wild Card - Zygarde (haven't caught it yet!)

EDIT: Since Zygarde is banned (totally forgot about that part of the rules), I'll make my Wild Card Moltres and change Staraptor to Mightyena.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I've got a free day tommorrow so I'll try and speed run this thing.

Username: Orrefan8888
    Game: Pokemon Y
    Favorite Pokemon: Dragonite
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Planned Team:

#011 - Staraptor
    Rivalry - Kabutops
    Harsh Weather - Meganium for a Sunny Day, Synthesis, Leech Seed, and Solarbeam combo. Siebold
    better watch out!
    Hoenn Confirmed! - Gardevoir
    Unity - Lucario (AoTora's fav, I believe he was the last one up)
    Wild Card - Zygarde (haven't caught it yet!)
    All Pokémon on this list are banned from use in this challenge: Banned Pokémon in Battle Maison

Sorry, Zygarde is banned from the challenge.

Wanderer Miror B.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    Yeah, sorry I managed to miss that. I went ahead and edited the post above with a couple resulting team member changes.

Wanderer Miror B.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    Here's a quick first update:

I've got my team together and am currently grinding on Victory Road with Moltres in the lead and the EXP Share on. Movesets are a work in progress, so I won't bother posting them.

Here they are (all were bred today except Moltres which I caught this afternoon) :

Moltres Lv. 71(Hasty Nature, Met in Sea Spirit's Den at Level 70)
    Bayleef Lv. 27 (Brave Nature)
    Lucario Lv. 27 (Docile Nature)
    Kabuto Lv. 25 (Lax Nature)
    Mightyena Lv. 25 (Quiet Nature)
    Kirlia Lv. 22 (Brave Nature)

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • We're all trained up and ready to go!

Current team:
    009.gif

Seabubble Junior the Blastoise, level 45 @Quick Claw
    >Rain Dance
    >Rock Slide
    >Surf
    >Bite

076.gif

Earthburst Junior the Golem, level 45 @Silk Scarf
    >Double-Edge
    >Rock Blast
    >Earthquake
    >Stealth Rock

059.gif

Rival the Arcanine, level 45 @Focus Sash
    >ExtremeSpeed
    >Dragon Pulse
    >Flamethrower
    >Reversal

326.gif

Mr. Peertje the Grumpig, level 46 @Shell Bell
    >Rest
    >Snore
    >Psybeam
    >Payback

189.gif

Lon the Jumpluff, level 41 @Rose Incense
    >Stun Spore
    >U-Turn
    >Giga Drain
    >Leech Seed

359.gif

Dani the Absol, level 48 @Expert Belt
    >Shadow Claw
    >Slash
    >Future Sight
    >Sucker Punch

It's finally time to go and beat the League! I'll edit this post once I get further.

EDIT: Crap. I didn't know the levels of the League Pokémon were boosted in the rematch! I'll have to get everyone to level 60 if I really want to beat them...

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I wanted to complete the challenge, but I am terrible at setting up strategies so I have to resort to leveling. But I don't have time to grind, mostly because I sleep most of the day and awake most of the night (at a time when my mother keeps on pestering me to sleep, and she can detect whether I'm actually sleeping or not), and I... don't like master-training. I hate beating up the league over and over again for training. I never did that in any of my playthroughs at all.

So I'll just post my final team before GT11 ends, 'cause I know I won't make it in time. :'D
    Please excuse my terrible move choices.

Spoiler:

Also, let me laugh at the fact that Braviary, Volcarona and Absol all have natures that decreases their best attacking stat. Also, Absol's nature increases his Defense, which is useless considering how low of a defense he has and that even training won't help it at all.

I will complete this challenge though, but not within the GT11 timeframe. The fastest would be the day after GT11 if I really want to defeat the league multiple times, but it's tiring. :'D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I started training in the Winding Woods with Aquarelle in the lead, Exp Share turned on, most of the team holding Lucky Eggs. After everybody was level 20+, I went to the Battle Chateau. Activated a Red Writ (+10 levels increase), and that's when the fun began. I'm trying to let everybody battle, well, except Allegretto since he's still a Caterpie, as I'm keeping all of them unevolved to boost the exp gain. My favorite part was mooching 10k+ exp off each lv. 55 Audino with an untouchable Frilly in the lead ♥

I'm going out for lunch for now, so here are the team's levels and moves as of right now:

010.png
    Allegretto | Lv. 34 | Tackle · String Shot · Bug Bite · n/a
    404.png
    Bluebell| Lv. 43 | Thunder Fang · Bite · Thunder Wave · Roar
    037.png
    Belladonna | Lv. 35 | Feint Attack · Heat Wave · Hex · Hypnosis
    322.png
    Ellipsis | Lv. 34 | Earth Power · Earthquake · Flamethrower · Growth
    710.png
    Frilly | Lv. 46 | Trick-or-Treat · Leech Seed · Bullet Seed · Shadow Sneak
    615.png
    Aquarelle | Lv. 48 | Ice Beam · Flash Cannon · Light Screen · Reflect

Oh, and I need to trade-evolve Pumpkaboo, if anyone feels like they could help, please let me know :)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

'kay, so my team is finally bulked up and ready for the league. Later on, I also hope I could manage to beat Red with the few levels I'd be gaining..and in time before the event ends.

#11 Pidgeot (Pidjooot!) - Lv68 / Heat Wave / Fly / Roost / Steel Wing
    Hoenn Armaldo (Buggy) - Lv72 / Rock Blast / Brick Break / X-Scissor / Aqua Tail
    Wild Card Rattata (Ratty) - Lv69 / Dig / Crunch / Hyper Fang / Iron Tail
    Rival Arbok (Ahas) - Lv72 / Gunk Shot / Glare / Thunder Fang / Poison Jab
    Weatherman Tyranitar (Sir Maquis) - Lv71 / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Crunch / Dragon Claw
    Unity Gyarados (GT11:Arc)- Lv71 / Giga Impact / Avalanche / Aqua Tail / Dragon Dance

tried to make every move different and one poke be able to cover another's weaknesses. The battle style is also set to...'SET' and Rattata is always my brave little front =3 lazy naming ftw!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Today is the last day to submit a completion post to qualify for the completion emblem. After midnight, Pacific Daylight Time, the challenge will be closed to new champions, however you are free to post here after that if you finish later, it just won't count.
    EDIT: Crap. I didn't know the levels of the League Pokémon were boosted in the rematch! I'll have to get everyone to level 60 if I really want to beat them...
    Yeah, they get new Pokemon in HeartGold when you collect all 8 badges in Kanto. Best of luck, I know Johto is not the best when it comes to grinding. You will get an emblem though whether you manage to complete it or not, so don't stress yourself out too much, it is for fun after all. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back