• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT8 Events Volunteering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If the scripting event is for hacking scripts, then I can give assistance to it (I hosted the one last GT so I have experience I think). And the speedhacking event too, if the need arises.

Cid

Years
  • The Society of Pokémon MENSA

Hosted by Impo. Requires extra hosts.
    Think you have the Pokémon smarts? Can you crack the Pokémon codes? (Learn how to crack a MENSA Society code here!)

Who's that Pokémon?

Requires hosts.
    Exactly what the name says.

Shiritori

Requires hosts.
    Shiritori (しりとり) is a Japanese word game in which the players are required to say a word which begins with the final kana of the previous word.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiritori

The Quote Game

Requires hosts.
    Dig up some awesome quotes with other PC members!

I would love to help Impo host "The Society of Pokémon MENSA." I'd love to create codes that would test everyone's word pattern recognition / familiarity with phrases! :3 I also would love hosting the "Shiritori" (language and word games are really nice~), the "Who's that Pokémon?" event (and make it a really special version of the current one in Pokémon Trivia, that is, if twists are allowed ;D), and "The Quote Game" (there are many places of discussion that the quotes could come from, which makes it even more interesting to host). :D

Years
  • I wouldn't mind helping to co-host the Design-A-Pokemon contest since I used to have a thread for something like that in PG, but it died of course. XD

And the Quote Game too, cos as I said in the Events Suggestion thread, I absolutely love movie trivia and song quotes. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    I wouldn't mind helping with Shiritori or the PokehumanificationI hav experience with the latter

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • id like to judge or host [whatevers open]
    Children's Trading Cards Tournaments. its perfecti know everything there is to know about that stuff id love to do it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wouldn't mind hosting the Pokehumanification event or the Shiritori. The Pokemon Fandub event would be pretty fun to host as well! :D

I wouldn't mind co-hosting/moderating this with Ryuryu here. n_n I had fun with it last year.

Years
  • If the Photography Contest could use another hand, i'm here. I was a host last year and would like to do it again.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind hosting Shiritori,4Nights of Trivia or Scavanger Hunt En Masse

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ack - I've probably missed the boat with this one since the deadline for events was yesterday (stupid life gettin' in the way), but I'll put it forwards anyway just in case someone feels like squeezing this is last minute. If not, no worries (I'm already hosting one anyway :P ) and I'll hold it off for future Get-Togethers ^^.

Battle Tower Tag Team Event (Gen IV)
    Dust off your Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver cartridges, grab a partner and go for the longest winning streak in Pokémon history! The aim is simple - assemble your Pokémon, team up with another user, enter the Battle Tower... and survive. How long can you hold out?

Now, I've never actually used the Battle Frontier option in the Wi-Fi Room before (it's certainly in the list), but according to my research you basically tag up with someone and go for the winning streak (exactly the same as the Tag Battle mode). It's only Gen IV games that can do this unfortunately, since it's none but absent in the Gen V games. But it's only a bit of fun, right? I will probably need to test it out with someone so I can figure out all the nooks and iron out the bumps and stuff, so if any of you are up for it give me a VM or PM (even if this event is too late, I'll still need to know if I want to host it some other time).

Also so far as I know it was Pt, HG and SS that had the BF over Wi-Fi option, however D/P may have just the Battle Tower option (I've never owned a copy of those two so I'd appreciate any help with that). If so, it should be compatible - however I'm just putting Pt and HG/SS for now just to be safe.

In brief, the event will work like this: Peeps will partner up with someone else, and each time they get the 7 wins they'll post it (will probably be a similar system to the one I use for Egg Swap). The pair with the highest streak at the end of the event will win. If they lose a battle and want to try again, they have a choice either to reset their score and start from scratch or keep their score and hope for the best. Also, if one wants to partner up with someone else, they're previous score will be taken off and will have to be agreed between both of the original pair.

So yeah, if it's too late for submitting Events, that's fine. I may just host it next year instead.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If the Photography Contest could use another hand, i'm here. I was a host last year and would like to do it again.

Nah, Fabio and I have it pretty much planned out so another host isn't really needed :x Sorry!

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
  • I'd love to host the "Who's That Pokemon?" event as i've always liked participating in such things and i'd do good in them :P Nonetheless, I can't wait till this get-together, ever since last year's i've been pumped about it!

Magikarplvl.98

The Water Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • I'd love to judge the Lego Master Builder as I used to build and used to compete so I want to see the next gen (so to speak) of builders.
    And will help with the Who's That Pokemon Competion.

Years
  • I could totally host the Pokémon Song Parodies event! I will also be able to help with the Yu-gi-oh tournament if help is needed :)

Also, I saw some of the gaming nights were open. There is nothing for PS3 there yet, and if you needed hosts for a PS3 event, no need to look any further ;)

Here are the events I will participating in (so if your a judge worrying that nobody will participate, well...):
    Yu-gi-oh
    Egg Swap
    Singing Compeition
    Pokemon Online

I hope I will be able to make this years Get-Together an amazing one <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back