• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTA6 release in 2052

pixelated_pat

just another grown up kid who can't escape nostalg
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    All jokes aside, how much longer do you guys think it will be before we get another GTA game? The last report I read said something about the game still being in the earliest stages of development.

What are you guys hoping for when GTA6 comes out? I'm hoping it'll have the same cultural impact that previous releases have had. I think it would be cool if we also had multiple protags again like we had in 5.

Another thing that makes me think is wondering how the game would be relieved by today's social climate. Rockstar really succeeded in satirizing modern America in GTA5, it really makes me wonder what they'd do with six when you consider the current social climate.

Years
    Honestly, I got bored of 5 like two or three missions in and never went back except to play multi-player and handful of times and even then it's been years. I'm big on story and 4 had a much more compelling narrative and characters. The gameplay is decently fun, but it does get dull after a while. I probably won't even bother to get 6 unless I hear something mind-blowingly good about it. I have enough games to get around to as is.

As for when they might release it, most of what I've seen suggests late 2024 or early 2025. It makes sense, Rockstar generally do put a fair bit of effort into their games and there's no reason for them to rush when 5 is still making them plenty of money.

pixelated_pat

just another grown up kid who can't escape nostalg
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Honestly, I got bored of 5 like two or three missions in and never went back except to play multi-player and handful of times and even then it's been years. I'm big on story and 4 had a much more compelling narrative and characters. The gameplay is decently fun, but it does get dull after a while. I probably won't even bother to get 6 unless I hear something mind-blowingly good about it. I have enough games to get around to as is.

As for when they might release it, most of what I've seen suggests late 2024 or early 2025. It makes sense, Rockstar generally do put a fair bit of effort into their games and there's no reason for them to rush when 5 is still making them plenty of money.

I couldn't see them rushing it either, one of the developers in an interview once stated that they realistically could release one every year, but would rather take their time and fine tune the game to their vision. That's why I'm hoping for something huge that will make an impact on the gaming industry, as the franchise has often done in times past.

I'm hoping 6 will have some of the elements from 4, with the perspective of one character (provided they continue with multiple protagonists) being that of someone whose looking at modern America from a foreign point of view. I believe that would be a very interesting take with modern America.

&I personally had a lot of fun with 5, I never actually got to beat any of the previous GTA games to completion b/c I had very bad friends growing up who would either steal or scam me out of the game so they could have it for themselves :,) sadly I was easy to take advantage of and bullied often. Anywho, I didn't have any 'friends' like that by the time I got 5, so I finally got to play a GTA game to completion. I don't have the game or my console anymore (had to sell during rough times), but the game will always hold a special place in my heart for that reason.

Also one more thing I hope we get it in 6, more Steve Ogg. That man's whole vibe is a blessing xD

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Considering the leaks that came out a few months ago, it might be released pretty soon. However, I expect them to change some of the things that got exposed to the public.

Back