• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GTS Cloning

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
Years
  • First I want to say, I KNOW I've posted a LOT of nooby threads, but I've never been in a large enough community that knows so much about Pokemon.

The thread title is a QUESTION, this isn't an informational guide. I've seen like a million people post about cloning in the GTS. The only cloning method I can ever recall is with using the PC in the older GameBoy Pokemon games.

I'm basically asking, how do you GTS clone? I can't think of any way of doing this. And don't try to say, 'you know how in [old Pokemon game] you did [this] to multiply with the PC' No, I don't recall that, because I only heard of it, never tried it.

I've also heard that a LOT of people do this, because they are reluctant to give away a prized pokemon or a shiny one. I'm just asking for a short explanation on how to do this, and a short description on what the after-effects are on the clone are, if any.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    Basically you shut off your game at the RIGHT moment when connecting. So the saved file before that has the pokemon in your party is stored, and the temp file where the pokemon is up for trade.

It works well with wireless modems.

kinkajoukid

Zzz...
    Years
  • There's a great guide on this at GameFaqs. Also, an additional tip is to back away a decent amount from your router if you use method #1, because then the upload times don't fluctuate.

In case you're too lazy to look, I've briefly outlined each step:

1. Your party should have at least one random Pokemon (doesn't matter), the one you want to clone, and at least one blank spot. Connect to the GTS.

2. Put your Pokemon up for trade for a Pokemon of the same type for level 100, and a specific gender (to thwart off hackers who try to ruin the cloning process).

3. Look at the clock in the lower-right. Count how many times it goes around (there's 8 ticks in 1 revolution) and where it ends up. So, for instance, there may be 7 revolutions and 4 additional ticks, which puts the hand on the clock at the 6 position. Memorize wherever it ends up, and the number of revolutions it makes.

4. Take your Pokemon back, and repeat step 2. Wait until it makes all the revolutions. In the example, it made 7 revolutions. Now, you have to turn it off one tick before the normal stopping time. So, in the case above, I would turn it off when the hand is at 5, once the 7 revolutions occur.

5. Start your game. You'll get a blue screen, don't mind it, it doesn't mess up your game. You should be standing at the counter, in front of the woman. If you don't get the blue screen, or you walk out of the GTS door, you've done it wrong.

6. Quickly go back into the GTS system and withdraw your Pokemon, which should hopefully be there. If it is, congrats! If not, keep trying, it's hard (although I have cloned a Magmortar, so I know it works).

Any questions? :P

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    There IS a guide on Game FAQs, but Nintendo has been IP Banning people for that...This is why I clone Via AR =D

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Uhh...dunno, My cousin told me... yeah... so...

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I don't think people are being IP banned, because I've done it hundreds of times, and I know people who clone more than myself, and nothing has happened to them.

A way I do this to make it easier than looking at the clock, is to look at the WLAN light on my wireless router. This light flashes whenever the router sends or recieves data. So when you fist upload the Pokémon to the GTS, it flashes. Then, just before you see the animation that confirms your Pokémon's upload (the PokéBall flying upto the sky) it flashes violently again. If you turn the router of just as it does this, then 8/10 your cloning will be successful.

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
  • Hm, thanks for that info guythativeseenlockpostsandstuffwhoithinkisamod.

I think I might try it now. But you have to tell me if you get banned for it, so I don't. And you, too. :P

Himself

His Lord and Master
    Years
  • Nintendo can IP ban now? Not really frightening, it's like they think none of us know how to reset IPs or anything... Not to mention the fact that unless you're making it absurdly obvious (lvl.100 Abra, lvl.9 and under Mew) they really can't catch you. No ph33r from the man.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    thats just what i've heard, but theres just WAY to many people cloning to ban them all :(

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
  • Nobody should take this personaly, but don't you think cloning is kinda cheap? I don't mean any disrespect, but it just seems wrong? Think about it. It was an awsome idea to incorporate the shiny pokemon into the game, but because of cloning shiny pokemon arn't such a big deal anymore.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Nobody should take this personaly, but don't you think cloning is kinda cheap? I don't mean any disrespect, but it just seems wrong? Think about it. It was an awsome idea to incorporate the shiny pokemon into the game, but because of cloning shiny pokemon arn't such a big deal anymore.
    I do think It's wrong, but not in that way......

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • In what way do you think it's wrong?
    I think cloning is wrong because it's utilising a way we get to enjoy our Games such as Wifi and finds a flaw in which people clone Pokemon. Just CATCH THEM, what's the point of Pokemon if we're just going to cheat (yes I'm talking to the AR users.) Pokemon is about having fun not finding new technological ways of finding how to make Pokemon that much easier and probably a lot more crap. Catching and breeding is a way of getting good Pokemon not Cloning. grrrr. :@.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Exploiting a glitch in the game is not cheating, in my opinion. If it's possible in the game to do something, without the use of an external devide that modifies your gaming experience, what's the problem?

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Exploiting a glitch in the game is not cheating, in my opinion. If it's possible in the game to do something, without the use of an external devide that modifies your gaming experience, what's the problem?
    I just think that rather than cloning, people should be breeding on catching the Pokemon. Isn't that the fun in Pokemon (or rather was because people don't bother, they just clone)

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I'd consider it cheating, becuase the original game designer's didnt plan for that...
    but im AR cloning, so, lol

Exploiting a glitch in the game is not cheating, in my opinion. If it's possible in the game to do something, without the use of an external devide that modifies your gaming experience, what's the problem?

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
  • I'm surprised on how long this thread lived, and the people that have posted on it, too. o_O

Think of it this way: In Halo 2, was BXR, BXB, and Doubleshot cheating?

In my opinion, it's HALF cheating. The player is abusing an unintended bug for an unfair advantage. This is usually what most people consider cheating, but some would just say, regardless of it being preventable or not, it's the designers fault for leaving such a large hole in the game.

Back