• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GTS Scam/hack!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocko427

I rock-o
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    This is about the GTS... and lots of times I encountered this weird problem:
    ok, let's say you need like a zapdos. you search it on the GTS and you see all the offers, but instead of an actual zapdos, you find a MAGIKARP named zapdos! shouldn't that be in a Magikarp search box? also, ifyou search tangrowth, you should find a darkrai wanting another darkrai lv 100 >:( and even if it's the right pokemon the request is always unreasonable! (except for when I got a shiny mareep for a seaking, that was the only good deal) because of these stupid requests, I havent traded in the GTS for like, 2 months...

Years
  • Most of the time GTS Pokemon are HACKED or just plain crappy. Highly suggested to either trade Pokemon you don't mind losing or have "Clones" of

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
    Years
  • I think you should just keep on looking for the right pokemon ,Cause if you dont search you wont get it :D
    Thats A rule of nature.

Years
  • all correct!lol

and i received a Hayley Mew UT too.it's date is DEC.31.2008

JIRACHI
    OT=CHANNEL
    ID=40122
    EXP POINTS=156
    DOCILE NATURE
    OCT 28,2007
    HENN
    ARRIVED AT LV.5
    HP 25
    ATK 16
    DEF 16
    SP ATK 16
    SP DEF 15
    SPEED 15
    SERENE GRACE
    MOVESETS:wish,confusion,rest
    IN POKEBALL

MEW

IN CHERISH BALL
    OT=Hayley
    id=01000
    exp points=117360
    HAST NATURE
    DEC.31,2008
    LOVELY PLACE
    APPARENTLY HAD A
    FATEFUL ENCOUNTER AT LV.50
    HP 171
    ATK 110
    DEF 101
    SP ATK 119
    SP DEF 109
    SPEED 122
    SYNCHRONIZE
    MOVESETS:SYNTHESIS,RETURN,HYPNOSIS,TELEPORT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    What the OP mentions isn't a hack, just a sprite glitch. Often times, after a trade has been completed, the sprite of the Pokemon changes to the Pokemon traded, rather than the initial offer.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This is about the GTS... and lots of times I encountered this weird problem:
    ok, let's say you need like a zapdos. you search it on the GTS and you see all the offers, but instead of an actual zapdos, you find a MAGIKARP named zapdos! shouldn't that be in a Magikarp search box? also, ifyou search tangrowth, you should find a darkrai wanting another darkrai lv 100 >:( and even if it's the right pokemon the request is always unreasonable! (except for when I got a shiny mareep for a seaking, that was the only good deal) because of these stupid requests, I havent traded in the GTS for like, 2 months...

yeah that has happened to me b4...what's up with that?

Years
  • It's impossible to upload a Magikarp to the Zapdos listing. What you're seeing is a bug in the GTS where it keeps on reporting a Pokémon as being on offer even after the trade has gone through.

You'll notice that the Pokémon they're asking for is always the one whose picture/name is shown.

I'm lost as to why GF hasn't fixed this bug, considering how the bug is completely serverside, or at least server-resolvable.

Years
  • JIRACHI
    OT=CHANNEL
    ID=40122
    EXP POINTS=156
    DOCILE NATURE
    OCT 28,2007
    HENN
    ARRIVED AT LV.5
    HP 25
    ATK 16
    DEF 16
    SP ATK 16
    SP DEF 15
    SPEED 15
    SERENE GRACE
    MOVESETS:wish,confusion,rest
    IN POKEBALL

MEW

IN CHERISH BALL
    OT=Hayley
    id=01000
    exp points=117360
    HAST NATURE
    DEC.31,2008
    LOVELY PLACE
    APPARENTLY HAD A
    FATEFUL ENCOUNTER AT LV.50
    HP 171
    ATK 110
    DEF 101
    SP ATK 119
    SP DEF 109
    SPEED 122
    SYNCHRONIZE
    MOVESETS:SYNTHESIS,RETURN,HYPNOSIS,TELEPORT

is this legit?

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    is this legit?

It's impossible to tell the legitimacy of the pokemon without looking at it in pokesav, hex, and other all other checking programs. Don't ask me how because I don't know very well how the process works nor can I convert the pokemon into files to even check them.

As for the OP's concern...it actually could be either. Sometimes you can trade for it, sometimes you cant. When you can't trade for it, that means Nintendo has registered the pokemon as an obvious hack (or so I think) and the system rejects anyone from accepting the offer (it should say something like it has been traded off, but when you search again, it's still there). When you can trade for it, it would be a sprite glitch, but the pokemon is still not necessarily legit. It just looks like it. Best advice is just to avoid those pokemon. 80% of the time they're hacks.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This has happened but it is usually just a glitch. It fixes fast. GTS is whack anywayz. Its all hacked and whack. I just use it to get stuff to breed. People give them undesirable names on purpose too.

Years
  • Don't ask me how because I don't know very well how the process works nor can I convert the pokemon into files to even check them.

haha,i dont know how to convert too...quite nooB in comp's stuff

XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back