• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GTS?

Years
  • Lol

i was on there looking for a Metagross, people wanted pokemon like Mew, Deoxys etc, yet the second you offer a pokemon such as Darkrai (cloned with AR) you will get whatever you want (I offered up a Darkrai in exchange for a Meganium Lv80 and up and got a Lv100 one), i also did the same for a Gengar (which i found out was hacked)

The other thing that annoys me is when they are offering a pokemon you want in exchange for a Darkrai, so i go to trade the Darkrai and it's not accepted because it isn't at a high enough level, i wish the levels would show up, someone also offered a Giratina (i think), they wanted a magikarp in exchange so i went to the resort area and caught the highest level magikarp i could find (74), it still wasnt high enough, i think they must have been using it to store the giratina or trade it to their other game
    Ya a lot of people tend to do that, I'm one of them, well I used to be until I got me another DS and was able to trade my Pokemon directly to my other game =)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Ya a lot of people tend to do that, I'm one of them, well I used to be until I got me another DS and was able to trade my Pokemon directly to my other game =)

i have to trade clones of legendaries on there as its the only way to get a pokemon you want, i trade the clones on gts and keep the originals (i only trade clones onto the gts though)

Divine~Deoxys

I've never cheated, and i keep ripping people off.

I got a lv.13 chimchar holding a master ball for a rain dance bagon (lol i am awesome).

Cumbrians are the worst pokemon players though, the amount of trades i've had from around my location is amazing. i get things like Ttar for bidoof.

Years
  • Most of the trades are usually bogus. Bunch of bidoofs for ubers.
    But sometimes I do that. As a joke,and it actually works sometimes. But the ubers are hacked.
    It's funny. : D

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Yeah lots of stupid stuff on GTS but a few good ones. I saw someone offering a Japanese ditto for a level 50 Eevee.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    I only use the GTS for Japanese Pokémon (not trusting any other languages, might be just a nickname).

The most stupidest thing I did on the GTS was putting my event Dragonite for a female Lucario (needed Japanese Lucario) once I put it up for trade I immediately got a female shiny Japanese Lucario (at level 100).. And it's hacked too...

I'm going to trade that Lucario away soon and get a legit Japanese Lucario. (When I feel like hatching for a shiny Riolu)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I would think just for fun.

haha, although I wouldn't trust GTS because hacks are more easy to come by on there.

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
  • I dislike the GTS immensly - everyone seems to be asking for legendaries for really rubbish pokemon. Shame most of these trades are likely to be hacked... How do you check if the pokemon you received it hacked or not?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Mostly, the hacks there will be obvious by having perfect IVs or having un-legitely high stats (252 EVs on all stats..)
    or sometimes they'll make a mistake while doing the Sav/Hack the info on the Pokemon will somehow be off..

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I dislike the GTS immensly - everyone seems to be asking for legendaries for really rubbish pokemon. Shame most of these trades are likely to be hacked... How do you check if the pokemon you received it hacked or not?

You usually could check by seeing the Original Trainer [OT]. Another way to see if the pokémon is hacked or not is to check their attacks and stats. Also their location in which they were caught in could identify if it was or not as well.

depends. that bidoof might be holding a rare item!

Almost all the time, people trading Bidoof and whatnot for legendaries, are not holding anything that special. I would believe that they do those things to see if someone would actually do the trade or just because they need that pokémon really badly and they don't have anything good to trade that they want to trade.
    There are several other reasons on why they do it, but sometimes we won't even know. I rarely go to the GTS these days because the trades are never that reasonable most of the time.

Years
  • Well, I don't care. I usually use it to get evolutions by trading. Ex: I put there a Machoke lvl.30 and I ask for a Machoke lvl.30 so taht I get a Machamp to fill up the Pokédex. That's a pretty good thing in it.

Lol, I did that, just got the machoke back. It just takes a couple days, and why oh why do like three people show up, then after you trade someone there's 5, then when you put a pokemon on offer, there's like all but one person when you search, it's very odd.
    It's sort of sad really, a novel idea corrupted by people's...Um...What's the word I'm looking for?
    Stupidity?

Back