• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess what? We're moving to Alaska. 8D

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    I've moved from Sydney to Perth. Although the weather is a lot more sporadic than it was in Sydney, I really do love it here.
    Moved due to dad having better work here than there. I also really miss my friends and cousins back in Sydney, I'm really trying to save up to head back there soon. c:

Yep! First time we moved from Sochi, Russia to Brooklyn, NYC so that was quite the move. Parents felt we'd have better lives here but that didn't turn out to be the case for them (but I'll save that for another thread). Around 12 hours on a plane destroyed my soul.

We lived there for a few years before moving about a 10 minute drive down from our old apartment into a newer one. Come high school we made a move again, this time to Staten Island, into the currently three-story house we live in now. I like it this way. Spacious and SI is way, way better than BK imho.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I moved once in my life when I was three. The moving truck is actually one of my earliest memories, and I can clearly remember being concerned about how we were going to safely transport the goldfish we owned at the time. It wasn't that big of a move, though. I can walk to the old house at any time, since it's right down the street.

I do feel like never moving around made me rather reluctant to do it myself. I've been in the same house for twenty-four years, and the thought of leaving it for something completely unknown is scary. I'm comfortable here. But then I remind myself of all the exciting experiences I can have once I do move away, and I feel a lot more courageous.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I moved a lot in my early life because my dad was in the Marines. We went from Indiana -> South Carolina -> California -> Indiana -> California -> North Carolina -> California -> Indiana.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I've moved only once when I was a toddler. Other than that I've lived in my current house for over 12 years now. We still own the original house and whenever I visit it brings back so many good memories haha.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I think I have moved twice, but the one that I remember most was when I'm moving in about 10 years ago. Moving from rented house to the one my family bought makes me really enjoy in this house :)

Years
    I was first born in the United States, specifically central California, but moved when I was only a year old to Dallas. Two years later, moved again, and have been living in the wonderful capital of Texas most of my life. I don't like the thought of moving, and hope I don't have to, at least until I set off for college. My friends mean so much to me, it would be incredibly difficult to leave them :[

Back