• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Guide - Horde EV Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I heard that EV max out at 252 now. Is that true or do they still go up to 255? If they max at 252 it would make training easier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Quick question. I just got a pokemon via WT with Pokerus. I'm about to EV train a few pokemon at the same time. Will they all get double EVs via XPshare or just that one Poke with Pokerus??

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • I heard that EV max out at 252 now. Is that true or do they still go up to 255? If they max at 252 it would make training easier.

252 is the max one stat can get to. Yes.

Quick question. I just got a pokemon via WT with Pokerus. I'm about to EV train a few pokemon at the same time. Will they all get double EVs via XPshare or just that one Poke with Pokerus??

Only the one with Pokerus will get the effect. You can try infecting the others with it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Power items give +4 EVs to whatever stat they are for. So, 1+4= 5 EVs per Poke. 5 EVs*5 pokemon=25 EVs. Double that via Pokerus and you get 50.

One thing I don't get about Pokerus: why is it considered a virus if its beneficial and has no negative impact on your Pokemon? Viruses are all pathogenic, right?

why wouldn't it be considered a virus? It's something that infects a living being, replicates and spreads itself to other living beings. What else could it be? And if you want to get all technical and biological, there's many examples of beneficial viruses in the real world. Some that are in our bodies and help kill of certain forms of bacteria that would make you sick and others that, through manipulation like Cow Pox help immunize you against other diseases. But keep in mind, this is Pokemon where the living beings are stored in PCs so it could also be analogous to a computer virus which also copies itself and passes onto other entities. And really, it's called a Pokerus (Pokemon Virus) and the creators call it a virus, so that's all that we need to know! ;-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's nice that you guys are trying to contribute and such, but unfortunately, we're not allowed to revive dead threads; it's against our rules. For that, I guess I would have to lock this. Sorry!

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back