• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guild Wars 2 : The Legacy of Pokécommunity

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

Hello there, brave adventurers of The Pokécommunity. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Deceptio, however some of you may know me as Jay. Today I am here to offer you the chance to join in on the adventure of a lifetime.

In the mythical land of Tyria, far away from the norms and influences of everyday life... a great darkness is brewing. The Elder Dragon known as Zhaitan has amassed an army of undead so huge that it threatens the very existence of all life on the continent. With every foe his army slaughters, a new ally he might raise. Tyria needs warriors, she needs heroes. She needs you... the brave men and women of this forum, to fight for her freedom against a threat that will unite races, forge truces and perhaps even call the entire land to fight under a single banner.

I and a few others have answered the call. We have established a guild, a core faction to fight for, to believe in. Using the insignia of the substitute doll from our most beloved franchise we have gathered... but we are few in number. We cannot fight the dragons, not alone, but perhaps with you fighting by our side. We might stand a chance.

And with that hope... perhaps Tyria might stand strong and find a future worth living in.

Stand strong in turmoil. Stand united in triumph. Stand with us to forge our legend, our legacy.

The Legacy of Pokécommunity.

X... Guildmaster Jay Ceptio~

Current Members:​
    1: Deceptio

2: Nagi

3: Gogari

4: Oddball

5: Teten

6: Lostelle

7: Ozymandius

8: Shak

9: Mana

Hello everyone and welcome to PC's new official Guild Wars 2 club and guild. Guild Wars 2, or GW2, is an MMORPG created by NCSOFT and on a personal level it is one of the greatest games I have ever played. For the longest time it was a game that required a single time purchase, while to this day shunning the subscription based payment options of other games of the same type. Recently however, the game went free to play in an effort to draw in more players. Since then, a small group of close friends from PC have joined me in re-exploring the game. For most all of them apart from myself it was a completely new experience. Using money from my past endeavors in the game, I created a guild for PC to allow easy access to one another in game as well as to provide a name for us all to fall under. The response from this small group has been so overwhelmingly positive however. That I've made the decision to open the guild to PC as a whole, welcoming any and all new members willing to download the game and join us in our quest.

With a unique take on quests, special events to make the World feel active and alive and an in depth, accessable and fun crafting system (among other things), GW2 is FAR from your average hotbar MMO like World of Warcraft and its ilk. Fast paced combat with dodging mechanics, combo attacks between different classes and skills decided by your class and weapon of choice... GW2 will satisfy players who yearn for more satisfying and action oriented combat. I can report with the fullest of confidence that I've known people who despise the MMO formula, but who adore GW2 as a game.

The Legacy of Pokécommunity guild is designed to introduce new players into the game and to establish a community presence in the World of Tyria in GW2. This isn't some heavy hardcore guild who aim to be the best of the best... competing in tournaments and being Player Versus Player champions; more so we aim to take a casual approach, purely to enjoy the game and the content it offers. We will mainly be engaging in Player Versus Enemy and character leveling in the early days of the guild however, if this is a success and members remain in the late game portions of GW2, then we will most likely be engaging in dungeons, raids, PvP and the World Versus World PvP unique to Guild Wars 2, wherein multiple servers enter into a huge map and battle it out with literal armies of players, capturing forts, securing supply routes and battling for supremacy as a whole. However, if you are a player looking for highly experienced veterans who are aiming to be top notch elitists then you may want to look elsewhere.

As previously mentioned the game is free to play and we're open to any and all whom are willing to join so long as you follow the rules and try to get along. It's a great way to make new friends and discover some exciting adventures in a brand new World... as you might expect we're open to all members who want to join the guild or are even just a fan of the game in general, so feel free to sign up.

Rules:​
    Follow these, lest the elder dragons feast upon your worthless remains.

1. Follow all PC rules.

2. Be nice and respectful towards other members.

3. You needn't join the guild or even play the game with us if you do not desire to. This club is also simply for those whom are fans of the GW2 game in general.

4. Don't be that guy who hates on or acts pompous towards newer or less skilled players of the game. Nobody likes that guy, in fact I'm liable to kick that guy from the guild if he acts like that.

5. Always offer a helping hand to fellow members in game, in need. Unless it would seriously inconvenience you.

6: We always welcome new members, if there's a problem with someone in the group then address me in-game or one of the mods of this lovely section.

7: Don't ALWAYS kill the rabbits.

8: Do kill the Scritt.

9: Always remember to have fun!

You can download the game and read up on all relevant information to the game here:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Username on PC: (Your username on the forum.)

Username on GW2: (Your username in game, if you have one yet. If not, type "None yet".)

Preferred Race: (Of the Five Races, which is your favourite? Human, Norn, Charr, Sylvari or Asura?)

Preferred Profession: (Of the Nine professions in the game, which do you like to use the most?)

Current Highest Character Level: (1-80. If you already have a character / play the game. What is the level of your highest level character? If you have not played the game yet simply type "0".)​

IMPORTANT NOTE: The server (or "world" as it is referred to in game) is the American Server called "Ehmry Bay" players must create a character on this server or else they will be unable to play with the rest of the group efficiently.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
    7: Don't kill the rabbits.

Well fuck I've already broken a rule. Can we get a do over? This rule is extremely unfair. I SHANT ABIDE BY THESE LAWS!
    Seriously though, how am I supposed to be a rat nazi if I can't even commit a little bit of bunny rabbit genocide? Smh

4. Don't be that guy who hates on or acts pompous towards newer or less skilled players of the game. Nobody likes that guy, in fact I'm liable to kick that guy from the guild if he acts like that.

Yeah that guy is a jerk! Now why don't you scrubs come polish my boots while I see if I can William Tell this apple off your head.

8: Do kill the Scritt.
    Or don't. Our loveable overlord might actually be racist towards these guys. Just possibly...

Reactions: Jay

Oddball_

Years
    I heard that guild wars 2 became f2p but with some limits is it true or false fact?

True. As a F2P player I can't inherintly trade with other users, and my use of the global trading is pretty limited. Nor can you use any of the stuff from the expansion, but thats not a F2P limit.

Years
    But kinda seems so because if you can't trade which is important to these kind of games, not use expansion then what do you mean? Because that's what i meant by limit or there is another method of staying f2p and unlock them somehow with another way?

Teten

Ten/Ten
    Years
    Free accounts can trade but their trading capabilities are limited.
    For example, in the Gem Store (GW2's Cash Shop), free accounts can only buy items that aren't part of the expansions.
    Another example, in the Trading Post (GW2's player-to-player auction/trader), free accounts can buy & sell but only in certain categories.

Oddball_

Years
    But kinda seems so because if you can't trade which is important to these kind of games, not use expansion then what do you mean? Because that's what i meant by limit or there is another method of staying f2p and unlock them somehow with another way?

You can use guild storage I believe, and the expansion is Heart of the Thorns which is like 60$ and ads more story and some like super abilities or something. I don't know too much about it myself, but I'm sure someone will answer in depth <3

Free accounts can trade but their trading capabilities are limited.
    For example, in the Gem Store (GW2's Cash Shop), free accounts can only buy items that aren't part of the expansions.
    Another example, in the Trading Post (GW2's player-to-player auction/trader), free accounts can buy & sell but only in certain categories.

Oh... well I'll have to figure this all out because i'm sick of crafting useless crap for myself to level and not being able to do anything with it ^u^

Jay

Years
    @King
    Heart of thorns includes a new campaign, more endgame content a new class, new specializations and weapon types for existing classes and generally a bunch more game to play. It also introduces the ability to glide using gliders, etc. etc.

While limitations are present for F2P members. Trading really isn't THAT central to GW2 as it functions somewhat differently to other MMOs. Everything you need to truly enjoy the game is available to F2P members.

@Teten
    It's a shame you're on a different server... if only swapping over was easier.~

Teten

Ten/Ten
    Years
    @King: Free accounts can unlock several features (PvP, WvW, Lion's Arch) after reaching a certain level but there's no other way to unlock features (gliding, specializations, masteries) from Heart of Thorns Expansion except buying the expansion.

@Oddball: Iirc, Guild Vault is unavailable for free accounts. Not sure though but I read it here under Free Accounts.

@Deceptio: If only 500 Gems were easy to get, I would've switched servers by now. :^(

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Already been in the guild for a while but I thought I'd post this anyways :)

Username on PC: Golgari

Username on GW2: BidoofFTW

Preferred Race: Norns are probably my favorite, but I have a soft spot for them since they were my first character. Sylvari and Charr are high up there too

Preferred Profession: I've only tried out Elementalist and Ranger so far, and I've enjoyed Elementalist more so I guess that's my preferred?

Current Highest Character Level: 21

Teten

Ten/Ten
    Years
    Although me being in an EU server may not allow me to play with everyone 100% efficiently, I'll still try my best and help in any way I can. :^)
    I completely forgot earlier that GW2's one big mega server now and allows cross-server guilds (being part of a guild that's from another server/region).

Username on PC: Teten
    Username on GW2: Teten [main char name: Ayamizu]
    Preferred Race: I don't really have a preferred race as I have a character for each race.
    Preferred Profession: Necromancer [Reaper (their shroud skill makes them look awesome af imo)]
    Current Highest Character Level: Lv80 Sylvari Reaper

Last edited:

Jay

Years
    Brought some newbies into the fray, after a few challenges completed it was time to break out into a dance party for no apparent reason.

With users:
    Lostelle (White haired poiner.)
    Ozymandius (Red Haired Lumberjack with his back to the camera)
    Oddball (If Legolas had a Bizzaro clone)
    Golgar (Hiding their face fro the sake of sweet dance moves.)

Join now and you too could waste time dancing when you're supposed to be saving the World.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Username on PC: Mana

Username on GW2
    : SwiftSign (Char: Elana Swift)

Preferred Race: Norn / Human / Asura. I don't like how the Charr look, and the Sylvari are... OK.

Preferred Profession: Guardian hands down :).

Current Highest Character Level:
    Used to be 80, but I deleted to transfer my account, so now 5 :c.

Back