• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Guilty pleasure songs

Years
    (Oh no, I forgot the "music" tag whoops)
    What are your guilty pleasure songs? Those songs that are so bad, that they're good?

I can think of 2 right now: "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys and Never Gonna Give You Up. "Everybody" reminds me of the time I was standing right near the speaker at a school dance and BACKSTREET'S BACK ALRIGHT blasted right in my face, and this one stupid video I watched. So every time I hear that song I always laugh, because I think of those two things. And I don't think to explain why Never Gonna Give You Up is a guilty pleasure song.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    Everything is a guilty pleasure when you have low self-worth

The first thing that comes to mind is the song "Eventually" by Naked Brothers Band - despite being very young-sounding, and, y'know, coming from an obscure 2000s Nickelodeon show with a weird name, I think it's actually really beautiful. 🥺 It's not even nostalgia that makes me like it so much, really - that's what led me to look it up again, sure, but the show wasn't really a big part of my life when it was on. It's just...legitimately good.

Pretty much all of Pitbull's music. His lyrics are...........travestuous, but I've gotta admit, he's got some catchy beats. 🤷

3oh!3 is another band with the "music way better than lyrics" problem, at least in some of their songs. Like, for example, donttrustme - musically speaking, it's dark and atmospheric and nostalgic (for 2000s kids) and beautiful, it makes me feel things, heck, some of the lyrics are even good and fitting to the vibe ("X-es, on the back of your hands...", "and the best is, no one knows who you are, just another girl, alone at the bar"), but then other lyrics are...that. (You know about "Fanon Discontinuity"? How when some people don't like the ending of a story or whatever, they're just like, "yeah no, in my head that never happened"? Can you do that with music? Because I insist that the chorus goes "don't trust her, never trust her".)

Lastly, this one is less "guilty pleasure" and more "gee, I wonder what someone would think if they walked in and I was just listening to this", but I sometimes like to listen to, just, really creepy music, like the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer music with No Strings On Me and hellish metallic noises, or the version of Ring Around The Rosie from that Countdown movie (which I never even saw, I just heard it in some video and was like 💃).

Years
    The very first Rammstein song I heard was Mann Gegen Mann and to this day, that fact haunts me.

Back