• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guitar Hero Franchise Bankrupted Again After Guitar Hero Live's Poor Sales?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    'Sup, everybody. I'm just wanting to you whether or not you think that the Guitar Hero franchise got bankrupted again because of Guitar Hero Live's poor sales that did not meet its sales expectation? Why? Please let me know, thanks.

pkmin3033

The Guitar Hero franchise didn't really get bankrupted; Activision laid off a large percentage of FreeStyleGames' staff and later sold the company to Ubisoft because Live's sales didn't meet their expectations. So whether or not we'll get another instalment in the future is up to Ubisoft, which is...possible, I guess? Companies love to revive ancient franchises even if they didn't do especially well, and in this miserable era of live services, microtransactions, and lootboxes that we live in, a live service Guitar Hero would probably do reasonably well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    I know that Ubisoft has been known for the video game development and creation of the Rocksmith, the game, including its replacement 2014 and Remastered Editions. However, it is unknown whether or not Guitar Hero will succeed Rocksmith as a music video game intellectual properties, and whether or not Ubisoft owns the rights to the following Guitar Hero franchise, or will be involved in developing a new Guitar Hero video game right after the second hiatus from Guitar Hero Live as a commercial failure? What do you think?

Back