• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gyarados or Milotic?

Milotic or Gyarados?

• Milotic

Votes: 45 55.6%
  • Gyarados

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Because Milotic and Gyarados are so similar I was wondering which one you people like better.
    Similarities:
    Both are the serpentine evolved forms of weak fish Pokémon
    Both appear in times of conflict, Milotic to becalm, Gyarados to destroy.
    Both have base stat totals of 540, the only difference being the distribution of their stats: Milotic is more defensively based while Gyarados is more offensively based.
    Both have the greatest increase of its base stat total of any Pokémon compared to its prevolution, an increase of 340 points.
    Gyarados or Milotic
    Gyarados or Milotic?
    Gyarados or Milotic?

I personally like Milotic better as it looks better but I still like Gyarados.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Gyarados or Milotic?
    Gyarados or Milotic?

I will have to go with Gyarados on this one. Even though, it's sprite is terrible imo; D:
    Milotic may be queen of beauty but it isn'tthe queen of my vote. For some reason, can't explain what it is, I just have a liking towards gyarados more than milotic. I think it's because of the lack of colour some of milotics body has. While Gyarados is full of one colour even though it's just blue, yellow and white.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Gyarados better because not only is it easier to get, it's also a powerhouse in battle. For design, Milotic is a lot better.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Milotic is way better. Gyarados evolves from a Magikarp and is ugly itself, Milotic shiny is awesome and she is heaps beautiful and strong too.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Milotic, both are good in battle but I prefer defensive Pokemon and Milotic has a better design.

nm legend

Years
    i chose milotic just becuase gyrados is old news to me.......but its really a tie for me i like them both .......

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Milotic has some Sp. Def. and Sp. Atk going, while Gyrados only has it's Atk. And Intimidate can be very annoying if Gyrados is at your lead while walking through a cave or something.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Gyarados all the way. I've never really even cared much for Milotic. I don't even find it aesthetically pleasing. :/

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Gyarados. Since I have never even owned a Milotic, let alone a Feebas.

Oh, and Gyarados was my first favorite Pokemon. I remember drawing Gyarados when I was a kid after I watched the Pokemon anime. And 'cause he's awesome.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In terms of look's i'll go with Milotic and in terms of Power, Gyarados.

I've never really paid much attention to Milotic though, but Gyarados is really awsome on my team.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    Gyarados all the way. I prefer offense to defense, and there's a nostalgic feel to training a useless Magikarp that finding a Feebas and feeding it PokeBlocks just can't claim. Also, Gyarados is more dragon-like, and I'm a big fan of dragons.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Milotic is amazing and lovely, but I've only ever had one 'cause they're a pain to get. :/
    Gyarados is ridiculously common, but cool-looking and super-powerful.

I'd have to say Gyarados. I almost always have one on my team.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    Gyarados all the way. Offense in more important than defense since it's the stat that wins the battle, and Gyarados is offensive. Also, his design is epicly awesome!

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I've never owned a Gyarados. I've wanted to, recently, because it's quite a buggering sweeper in competitive battling if you have nothing in the way of its weakness. It also has that intrinsic Gen I look. Also, useful ability.

Milotic is pretty. I've never bothered to get one legitimately. I like it's stat allocation more that Gyarados' - lacking offenses can be aided easily. Marvel Scale is hardly valuable though.

It's a tie.

Years
    Gyarados for me. I know Milotic is supposed to be beautiful, but for whatever reason I can't see it that way. I actually find it to be one of the worse looking Pokemon. Gyarados however, I find cool-looking, and I like using it in battle. Milotic is good too I'm sure, I just wouldn't use one because it's appearance is a bit too much of a turn-off for me.

Years
    I vote Milotic.
    Vote actually based on my experiences in battling against those.
    I've way more problems with defeating a milotic than with defeating a gyarados.
    Never owned 1 of them in a game. ;)

Years
    I find Gyarados better, but i don't use much of either. Until the pokewalker came about Milotic was seemingly impossible to catch, and then when you do all that is better is the design and moveset IMO

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    honestly, I haven't had much experience with Milotic, but Gyarados has always been a favorite of mine ever since I beat Lance for the first time back in the R/B/Y days

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I've never owned a Milotic, due to me not having any patience whatsoever.

Gyarados has never been a favorite of mine either. Weird, I know.

Milotic gets my vote, just because of it's awesomeness.

Back