• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gym Concepts

Years
  • I just hope they animate the gym leaders and the rival again like they did in Platinum...(Maybe the 2 main trainers as well would be better, too.)

Maybe if they changed some of the rosters around, it would be nice, but don't add too much Hoenn or Sinnoh pokes into the roster, b/c that would take away from the Johto effect.

To the person who said to make Morty's gym into a haunted gym, great idea. :) I like it.

For a new idea, I think it would be cool if versing Jasmine's gym was like a contest battle. (Seeing as she participates in Sinnoh contests, maybe she brings the idea back w/ her.) Fantina did it on the show.

If they include Kanto, I hope to see Misty's gym underwater. The trainer and Misty can both have snorkels. I think that would be cool. ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's a remake so basically they'll have the same Pokémon in the "first round". At least I hope so^^
    This. I mean, the Gym Leaders in FR/LG didn't get new rosters from their days in R/B/Y. Their teams, and even the Gyms themselves, remained the same.

That's why I'm doubting that there's going to be massive massive changes to the gyms. The only previous experience we have to go on with remakes is FR/LG, and there weren't any massive massive changes to the Gyms in those games. It was the same as it was in R/B/Y. So I personally feel I can safely say there won't be any changes to the Gyms in HG/SS than the typical updates to match the graphics of the current games (2D to 3D).

It would be nice to see some changes, but it most likely won't happen. Unless they do feel like implementing the references from D/P/Pt.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I hope that they change Morty's concept (A secret path in darkness), they used a similar concept with Fantina's for Platinum

auragirl

Back from the dead
    Years
  • Personally i liked them the way they were. (maybe higher levels though)

But the idea that Morty's gym being like a haunted house... EPIC!

I think they should allow us to battle the gym leaders again later in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hmmm, it's hard to say if anything like that would be changed at all. So, I have no idea, really. We'll just have to qait wait (XD) and see.​

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • They should keep the same concepts except maybe change the puzzles like in Morty and Pryce's Gyms. I still remember the fastest route on the ice to the leader so that just needs a little updating so people who remember or have old walkthroughs don't get a free pass to the Gym leaders. So, keep the same type of puzzles just different answers.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • Some will stay the same, like the simplistic nature of Falkner's gym, but a change in some would be a godo thing. I know it wouldn't be the same as the original, but 10 years has passed, and Nintendo should use the new technology.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I'd like the gym in Mahogany Town to have, in addition to the sliding around the ice, walls that you have to unlock or something. The ice itself was too easy.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would hope they keep the gyms authentic and the same as well. If they remade it then it would defeat the strong perpose of the game being a remake. Like stated they did remake RBY, but the gyms indeed stayed the same except with newer graphics. This is what I'm hoping will happen to the gyms in the HGSS once remade.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I hope more gyms get innovative changes, like Morty's being a haunted house (I want the floor to glow like it did in Stadium 2, though. Actually, I'd like a lot of Gyms to have redesigns that are partially inspired by Stadium 2 depictions. :)) And I'd rather the game be an enhanced remake; I don't want to just walk up to a Gym Leader with the only difference being graphics.

And hey, basically all current handheld Main Series games are virtually remakes of the original Red and Blue/Green (besides the slight differences in plot), so if you can add more stuff (puzzles, minigames, etc.), then go for it! I mean, there shouldn't really be any drastic changes from GS, but enough changes to make the new experience feel nostalgic for some people and a worthwhile, all-new experience for others.

Plus, it would be awesome if each Gym (Johto & Kanto) had new optional mini-games to go along with redesigns... :)

Back