• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym dude giving you fresh water?

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
    Years
    Call me lame, but I was a few Gyms in before I noticed that he gave out a Fresh Water, because I'm pretty sure I didn't bother talking to him every time. I was always stalked up on various Potions anyway, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The problem with Clyde giving you Fresh Water is that about 6 Gyms into the game they are almost worthless unless you have pokemon with a bad HP stat. I support the idea of getting free recovery items, although they need to be different for each gym.

Years
    I thought it was pretty neat. I always just take a trip back to the pokemon center if I have to though. I very rarely use items tbh.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    The problem with Clyde giving you Fresh Water is that about 6 Gyms into the game they are almost worthless unless you have pokemon with a bad HP stat. I support the idea of getting free recovery items, although they need to be different for each gym.

I agree sorta, sorta-notta
    i think if it was like:
    fresh water = 50HP
    soda pop = 100HP
    & lemonade = 150HP
    and you got: FW 1st-3rd gym
    SP 4-6thgym & LA
    7&8th gym then itd be perfect
    but either way i liked it, at first i thought he only did it in gym 1&2 cuz thats the only time he ever came to me and gave it to me, but afterwards i figured out its in every gym (i hardly ever talked to the helper guy -clyde- after gen3)

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    The first time i saw him in the earlier games i thought he was some kind of pedophile you would get to a gym and he would be like "hey *INSERT TRAINER NAME HERE* hows your journey" and i would be like " 0.0 Htf do you know my name? " but now hes my BFF i like to call him uncle Clide i named my first heirder after him!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I love the Fresh Water Guy. They came in handy and as I said in another thread, I had no idea Fighting, Steel and Rock were super effective against Ice types until the Water Guy at the seventh gym told me @.@

Back