• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gym Leader BATTLE ROYALE!

Who is your favourite Gen IV Gym Leader?

• Roark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gardenia

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Maylene

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Crasher Wake

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Fantina

• Byron

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Candice

• Volkner

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Falkner

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Bugsy

• Whitney

• Morty

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Chuck

• Jasmine

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Pryce

• Clair

• Brock

• Misty

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Lt. Surge

• Erika

• Janine

• Sabrina

• Blaine

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Jasmine and Falkner. Mainly because I love Jasmine's general attitude and that Falkner just looks awesome. Battle-wise, tbh, I can't really remember, but yeah I liked everything about them in HG as well as their gyms!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    From DPPt, I went with Crasher Wake. He seemed the most interesting gym leader from the group, had a neat gym and also provided an interesting challenge in having a Gyarados open the battle. Volkner seemed too whiny for my liking and the rest were alright but not terribly interesting.

From Johto it's a toss-up between Jasmine Pryce. Jasmine because hurrah for an early-game (going by GSC) gym leader doing something outside the gym in the story! It provided a nice view on what gym leaders did in the world as well besides battle. I also went with Pryce because he seems intriguing with the whole veteran and 'I've been training before you were born' deal and a nice guy in general. This may not be biased due to a story.

And with Kanto gyms I went with Blue, just because he was the rival we liked to hate back in RBY/FRLG.

Years
    For some reason I've always loved Gardenia. Our personalities are pretty similar, and I think we'd bond over our love for Grass-types :)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I voted for Volkner, Blaine and Blue.

Volkner: I like his calm attitude towards everything, and plus his ties with Flint.
    Blaine: I have a thing for fire type gym leaders and e4s and he is no exception, and he's not hard to beat, which is helpful.
    Blue: Blue is a variety leader, and I like them types of gym leaders.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Brock and Jasmine for me, simply because I love their simplistic design and attitudes while also being quite the formidable opponents.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Maylene because:
    1. She seems enthusiastic enough for a Gym leader.
    2. She's pretty powerful whe nshe has her confidence up (accoridng to the anime).
    3. She has my favorite pokemon-Lucario- as one of her Pokemon.
    4. She looks....pretty nice, and doesn't seem terribly crazy.
    5. She's humble and kind to her pokemon and other trainers.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    From each region my favorites are Volkner, Clair, and Sabrina. Sabrina has always been my favorite Kanto Gym Leader because of her mysteriousness and design, and I think her new design is very cute and still manages to fit her personality. For Johto, I really like a lot of them, but I ultimately went with Clair. She's the right amount of awesome and funny--and in gen 4 everyone makes fun of her cape! For Sinnoh, Volkner is definitely my favorite, with his "I really don't care any more" attitude and amazing uniform.
    So in gen 4 I'd have to say my overall favorite is Clair, thanks to in-game jokes at her expense.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Pryce, forever and always.

Pryce has pretty much been my favourite gym leader ever. I'm not quite sure what made me feel this way, though when I was younger I just felt like he was a pretty cool old man, and I guess it just stuck with me. His appearance in the anime was also one I really liked, as his personality at first appeared to be the complete opposite of what I had pictured. A grumpy, distrustful, cold-hearted old man who appeared to not really like Pokémon in the slightest, untill it was shown to be because one of his childhood Pokémon had disappeared and he thought it had left him, so once he was finally reunited with it again, he began showing off his true nature.

Back