• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen gym leaders are tougher?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • is it just me,(cuz im not evolving at all)

but they seem tougher...

i lost once in the first gym and twice at the second gym.

i remember i could kill both so easy way back then...

but im linking the challenge

and i know the 3rd gym is gonna kill me a ton! as it does for every one haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    erm i dont have hg/ss yet but serebii has a section for the gym leaders and the pokemon are now 1level higher or more

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    uh... this game is so easily it's silly.... lol

i 1 shot the 4th gym leaders pokemon....every single one =/

whats so hard about sitting in a patch of grass killing random pokemon until there just high enuf lvl to destroy the leader...so you farm levels for what...an hour? MAX? lol..

the game is a joke on a difficulty scale... most of this games difficulty is from non gym leaders, and are all random factors (looking for certain genders, IV's, natures, shinys etc)

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    LOL of course it's easy when you actually train to beat the leader,i don't whatever level my pokemon is on, i just face them like that until we win.

However Falkner gave me the most trouble, i defeated Bugsy and Whitney pretty easily.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You lose money if you don't save and restart if you lose, so I never chance it. Violet city was a breeze though IMO. Pokemon games aren't much challenge I just love collecting the little critters <3

Platinum was actually challenging for me just because the type of team I brought was hard to grind with on Victory Road :< and there are very few options other than that for pre-E4 training.

Years
  • Teach your starter rock smash, you will easily win Whitney, and leave Togepi in the day kill till around level 15, it will have learnt extrasensory, then get it up to like level 22, then go and win morty with easy 1 hit k.os

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Togepi actually hatches with extrasensory, making it a decent pokemon to add to your team w/o dropping it off in the daycare. Levels 1-10 couldn't be easier to get through.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    damn, bugsys scyther just murdered my team right now o_o
    lol, maybe its because im a few levels lower then him -.-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't think it was harder. I wish they had fixed the wild Pokemon levels, though. I know there's Kanto after it, but that doesn't mean Johto Pokemon deserved the butchering.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Really, if you don't grind or have health restoration items, this game is actually quite hard. Whitney was pretty easy, though. Togepi, Dratini and Pidgeotto took care of her.

But Bugsy and Falkner were tougher then before... since I only had a grass and a flying type.

Eh, from here on out, it'll probably be easier, but I do have more trouble overall then the past.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I've actually Found that my Croconaw makes it alot easier than I remember. But that may just be luck (even though I'm up to Pryce, and it's the Second Day! I'm Addicted)

pokemon_beauty

Pretty in Pink
    Years
  • I thought they were really easy. I train my starter a LOT before I ever hit the gyms though :) I over train, and then my Pokemon don't listen to me :p Oh well...

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I have not had much trouble with the games until I got to Cianwood City. I beat it with less than 5 hp on my last Pokemon.

Not, Jasmine is giving me trouble. I may have to go grinding. I've never grind in a Pokemon game.

SmashBro

Asian KungFu Generation Rocks!
    Years
  • The levels are a bit higher, but I guess since we've all pretty much played Gold and Silver it seems kind of easier now

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I think they're just as easy. I have 7 badges and only 1 pokemon to level 30... I did lose once to the ghost gym leader though, stupid haunter kept sleeping/dream eating all my pokemon before I could do anything.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    im about to face the 6th gym leader and my party is

36 Charizard
    36 Venusaur
    33 Croconaw
    25 pidgeotto

Back