• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HA Johto Starters available via PokeBank - Feb 27-Nov 30

Which starter with its HA would you pick?

• Chikorita(Leaf Guard)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Cyndaquil(Flash Fire)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Totodile(Sheer Force)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • source

I was browsing my Tumblr dash when I came across this, but HA Johto Starters are now a thing. Between February 27th and November 30th, 2015 you will be able to get a Meganium with Leaf Guard, a Typhlosion with Flash Fire and a Feraligatr with Sheer Force if you connect your 6th Gen game to Pokemon Bank.

Details explained below:
    To receive these three Pokémon, players need to use Pokémon Link in their copy of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire after they have accessed Pokémon Bank using one of these games. Note that each Pokémon Bank account will be able to receive these three Pokémon only once.

I wasn't sure whether this would have gone here or in the OR/AS section since this event covers both but it's still awesome that we're now able to get them with this event. I think Feraligatr will be popular (especially among competitive players who finally wanted to use one) but the Meganium and Typhlosion could have their uses too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Definitely can't wait to get my hands on some Sheer Forcing Feraligatrs. As for flash fire Typhlosion he still feels like he's going to be crap. Leaf Guard though can be helpful for Meganium.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice gift but oh how I wish they'd give out the Celebi again!

Will just have to remember in 3 weeks time, thanks for the info.

Years
  • I saw something on Twitter about this that Serebii posted, but this is good news. With them, we'll have all the starters with their Hidden Abilities, if i'm not mistaken.

But i'll have to renew Pokémon Bank not long after they release...

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • [Event] HA Johto Starters.

It has been announced that the Johto Starters are to be distributed this year with their Hidden Abilities. From February 27th 2015 to November 30th 2015, if you access Pokémon Bank, you will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. These are distributed through the Pokémon Link feature nto Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire with a limit of 1 of each per Pokémon Bank.

~News from Serebii~

When i saw this i was like "......... HELL YEAH!!!!" I've been waiting a long time for this event! Though its a little silly and sad cause alot of people don't have pokemon bank.
    What do you guys think about the event?

Years
  • I think it is a pretty cool event, all those hidden abilities will be useful for me. I've been breeding johto starters this week with regular habilites so next month i will have to breed them again, this time with HA.

Being a bank only event, it's a good move from pokemon company (or whoever manages pokemon products) to have new players paying the anual fee (if the player really wants the event). In my case, i was waiting for something like this to happen to finaly start using Poke Bank.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Excellent, wait, weren't the Johto starters' hidden abilities already available to use since Gen V via Dream World events?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, so they decided to give the Johto starters their HAs too? Nice. Sheer Force Gatr sounds fun. Typholsion's probably not going to OU anytime soon, but Flash Fire is still a waaaaaay better ability than Blaze.

Fortunately my PokeBank subscription will last until a couple of days after the giveaway begins, so I can get these 3, provided that we get them all at once (Nintendo y u no take Discover?).

This means that all 6 generations of starters now can legitimately have their Hidden abilities, right? 'Bout time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Meganium has Leaf Guard as their hidden ability, just wanted to point that out.

But anyways, YAYAYAYA! I've always wanted a Leaf Guard Meganium soooo badly and now it's finally happening! Johto starters are my absolute favorites of all time and I've been waiting so long for their hidden abilities to be released. <3 Can't wait to collect all three soon.

Years
  • This is cool even though I have no intention of getting Poke Bank. Maybe the folks who do get it will be nice enough to trade the breedjects that have the HA. That would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Oh, so they decided to give the Johto starters their HAs too? Nice. Sheer Force Gatr sounds fun. Typholsion's probably not going to OU anytime soon, but Flash Fire is still a waaaaaay better ability than Blaze.

Fortunately my PokeBank subscription will last until a couple of days after the giveaway begins, so I can get these 3, provided that we get them all at once (Nintendo y u no take Discover?).

This means that all 6 generations of starters now can legitimately have their Hidden abilities, right? 'Bout time.

I paid for mine with the eShop gift card

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I paid for mine with the eShop gift card
    Yeeeeeah but I don't feel like driving all the way down to Gamestop just for an eShop card. Originally paid for Bank with an eShop card I got tho

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeeeeeah but I don't feel like driving all the way down to Gamestop just for an eShop card. Originally paid for Bank with an eShop card I got tho

Lol, well then I can't help you! :D But when I do renew my subscription, do you happen to know whether the 365 days starts from the day I paid (and therefore wipes out any balance of days I have now) or if it just gets added onto the end of what I currently have? I don't want to renew too soon in case I lose some days, but I don't want to risk it too late either just in case I lose everything for waiting too long.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Lol, well then I can't help you! :D But when I do renew my subscription, do you happen to know whether the 365 days starts from the day I paid (and therefore wipes out any balance of days I have now) or if it just gets added onto the end of what I currently have? I don't want to renew too soon in case I lose some days, but I don't want to risk it too late either just in case I lose everything for waiting too long.
    I don't remember if it just adds to your days or how exactly it does it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Even without these events I LOVE Pokebank! As a breeder it's nice to be able to get all my various pokemon into one place from across all the games, but the thing I love best is the Pokemiles/Battle Points you get just for having pokemon in there. Especially with ORAS where you have to use battle points for the move tutors in addition to the battle masion store for the hold items, it's just so much faster than having to go through the battle maison to collect battle points when they're just handed to you.

Question though, any info on how they're given out? I presume just like Celebi was in terms of just starting up the game and Bridgit gives it to you, but I was wondering, do you get all 3 or do you get one at a time each time you access pokebank? And since it's for all 4 games, do you get a set per game, or do you only get ONE and you have to choose which game to download it to (like Celebi was )

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I love all the Johto Starters so I was pretty happy when I saw this, especially after having the Unova Starters with their Hidden Abilities! Hopefully this means we'll eventually move on to Sinnoh Starters and the rest of them.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • I like this event, for I like the Johto starters. But man, I hate that the fire isn't there most of the time for Cyndaquil, Quilava and Thyplosion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I love all the Johto Starters so I was pretty happy when I saw this, especially after having the Unova Starters with their Hidden Abilities! Hopefully this means we'll eventually move on to Sinnoh Starters and the rest of them.

I doubt it, they're all already available with their hidden abilities. I can breed you one of each right now if you want.

Back