• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Years
    I got done with Beta 2 yesterday.It took me awhile to finish.

The swimmers in Kellygreen Gym and the one on Cobalt Beach have the wrong overworld.
    What happens if I don't get Kayuko's Key?
    In Belly Dance Hall sometimes when you mess up the belly dance leader does one move but stops.When you talk to her again the other dancers walk into her.0.0
    In Mole galleries,in the room where after using explosion one of the rocks is walkable on.
    In Whiteclay town you can walk on the bookshelves in the houses.
    The guy in green named Aali has the same text as the biker he replaced along with the Pokemon he uses.
    These are the stuff I found in beta 2.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

The swimmers in Kellygreen Gym and the one on Cobalt Beach have the wrong overworld.
    In Belly Dance Hall sometimes when you mess up the belly dance leader does one move but stops.When you talk to her again the other dancers walk into her.0.0
    In Mole galleries,in the room where after using explosion one of the rocks is walkable on.
    The guy in green named Aali has the same text as the biker he replaced along with the Pokemon he uses.

If you don't get Kayuko's Key, you're in BIG trouble.
    Ow man, I should NOT choose the grass type starter as my starter. It's no good!
    Yea, I found no glitches in the game.
    I only have suggestions::
    1. When you use Explosion, it should have a very, very small earthquake.
    2. Shiny Zappel is a special fakemon so should have stronger moves and higher level. Not 20, but at least 25 and higher stats.
    3. Egg Train has a small explosion too. So it should have a small, samll earthquake too.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm having a problem too.

I'm using a gameshark file and every time I save, turn it off, turn it on, press continue, and skip the flashback, IT RESTARTS!
    It got me so mad that I'll have to re-patch to a clean ROM and not use a gameshark file.
    I don't know about everyone else, but this game is hard for me.
    I lose a bunch of times (not being whiny).
    But, how do I fix that.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    what do I do when I get to cobaltstation city?(like in the next story part)
    p.s. if there is cut in the game, where is it?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    I'm having a problem too.

I'm using a gameshark file and every time I save, turn it off, turn it on, press continue, and skip the flashback, IT RESTARTS!
    It got me so mad that I'll have to re-patch to a clean ROM and not use a gameshark file.
    I don't know about everyone else, but this game is hard for me.
    I lose a bunch of times (not being whiny).
    But, how do I fix that.
    Gamesharks are not my problem. You shouldn't use gamesharks at all, savestates are enough cheat. What are you going to do, gameshark to get mewtwo? *blink* *blink*

what do I do when I get to cobaltstation city?(like in the next story part)
    p.s. if there is cut in the game, where is it?
    Hm? After the train, you shold have cut BEFORE getting again to cobaltstation, as it's needed to get to cyan town. If you're for the first time in cobaltstation, you need to get the cursed tag (from the exorcist in the house with the broken door) and go to grace beach (south-east to kellygreen), go to laetitia's house and talk to ger to get the ticket, then ride the train in cobaltstation.

You get CUT from the man at wist castle.

If you don't get Kayuko's Key, you're in BIG trouble.
    Ow man, I should NOT choose the grass type starter as my starter. It's no good!
    Yea, I found no glitches in the game.
    I only have suggestions::
    1. When you use Explosion, it should have a very, very small earthquake.
    2. Shiny Zappel is a special fakemon so should have stronger moves and higher level. Not 20, but at least 25 and higher stats.
    3. Egg Train has a small explosion too. So it should have a small, samll earthquake too.

1.- Yeah gotta find a -working- special that makes that earthquake effect.
    2.- It's not possible to say "go, higher stats in this wildbattle!*. And I don't want to gift a high lever pokemon. Actually, it's just a pokemon with a pigmentation problem - a very unique pigmentation problem. Did red gyarados be braver than other gyarados? It just was mightier in comparison with the other magikarp.
    3.- See 1.

- My bad, didn't realize that one.
    - Nothing by now. You can't get the orange package in the secret tunnel, so you can't give it to Kayuko and that's all in beta 2. In beta 3 it'll mean he won't be at his secret backdoor lab and you won't be able to get in even if you got the password from Parnot.
    - Hmmmmmmm interesting that'll be hard to spot, specially because I have the source code in my laptop - and my laptop is not here.
    - My bad
    - My bad
    - Whooops my bad.

Thanks everyone for this stuff, I think it's enough for a beta 2.1. It'll be out next week, unless more people find stuff and I don't fix it in time.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Gamesharks are not my problem. You shouldn't use gamesharks at all, savestates are enough cheat. What are you going to do, gameshark to get mewtwo? *blink* *blink*

No, just max stats, all poke balls, complete dex

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

Hm? After the train, you shold have cut BEFORE getting again to cobaltstation, as it's needed to get to cyan town. If you're for the first time in cobaltstation, you need to get the cursed tag (from the exorcist in the house with the broken door) and go to grace beach (south-east to kellygreen), go to laetitia's house and talk to ger to get the ticket, then ride the train in cobaltstation.

You get CUT from the man at wist castle.

1.- Yeah gotta find a -working- special that makes that earthquake effect.
    2.- It's not possible to say "go, higher stats in this wildbattle!*. And I don't want to gift a high lever pokemon. Actually, it's just a pokemon with a pigmentation problem - a very unique pigmentation problem. Did red gyarados be braver than other gyarados? It just was mightier in comparison with the other magikarp.
    3.- See 1.

- My bad, didn't realize that one.
    - Nothing by now. You can't get the orange package in the secret tunnel, so you can't give it to Kayuko and that's all in beta 2. In beta 3 it'll mean he won't be at his secret backdoor lab and you won't be able to get in even if you got the password from Parnot.
    - Hmmmmmmm interesting that'll be hard to spot, specially because I have the source code in my laptop - and my laptop is not here.
    - My bad
    - My bad
    - Whooops my bad.

Thanks everyone for this stuff, I think it's enough for a beta 2.1. It'll be out next week, unless more people find stuff and I don't fix it in time.

Okay, I get it now. Shiny Zappel is already cool. I don't think it needs high stats or higher levels anymore. I think Zel's SG has some small earthquakes when you walk in S.S Aqua Fastship. I think you can use those.

TrevorTheKing

Steel Lover
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2008
    It would be great if you could put evolution guides on here ^_^

Well if you cant I have one question before I try it does Lando evolve? I want to catch one but I dont know if it will be worth it :/

More4Life

Advanced Mapper
    Years
    Very nice additions to the game, but can someone tell me where to get the HM cut? I couldn't find it.....

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    I just beat the first gym, and I'm really liking it. You have a great cast of characters and new Pokemon. Only suggestion I would be is to mix the events up a little. It's just kind of boring being called back from leaving the first town to get a pokemon, and then battle your rival right away. Same goes with delivering the parcel, and meeting the "old man" on the second town. I think you should mix these up a bit, supply a slightly different (but not complicated) quest to get the Pokedex, get your first Pokemon a different way than the normal games, I think you understand me. :)

But yeah, this still gets a 9.5/10 in my book, keep it up. Probably a 10/10 if you alter the scripts and mix things up so it's 100% unpredictable from the original game.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, beta 2 is out? Sweet now I can finish where I last finished off...xD
    Anyways, nice work on the hack Baro. I'm loving the beta 8D

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
    What more to say?
    Is Very impressive. I like your mode of translating the text, scripts (Spriting not so much xD)
    But you awesome imagination for this hack. Is totally unbelievable.
    Mis respetos Baro. Hehe.
    I'm your fan since 2006, when you released the Ultimate Beta of Quartz (The complete Version)
    I not played full. But is one of the best hacks what i ever played.
    Good luck in this project.
    Adios!
    The 500th Post! Can i have a Prize?. Jijiji ^w^
    Just was a joke.
    Saludos y mucha suerte!!!

Back