• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Marble is turning out to be a memorable hack already! ^_^ Well.. I like your new ideas you've got.. I will still be keeping my eye on this hack..

Good Luck Baro.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Last progress: bombermen hideout (in the route next to cobalstation city)
    Bomberman cameo. The hideout is inspired in the levels from bomberman (the way the big rocks are placed, in a 25% dither, etc)
    The prize is HM08 EXPLOSION.
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Bomberman! :D I love that game so much! :)

And I like the battle sprites of the BMen, Teh Baro! You really amaze us all! :D

Wishing for the best and always keep it up! ;)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Last progress: bombermen hideout (in the route next to cobalstation city)
    Bomberman cameo. The hideout is inspired in the levels from bomberman (the way the big rocks are placed, in a 25% dither, etc)
    The prize is HM08 EXPLOSION.

Hah, that's cool. Reminds me of my "evil organization" team too, keep up the ideas. Also Explosion as an HM sounds awesome.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow nice updates.. and bomberman? Nice idea, i love the sprites aswell.
    BTW don't you want to change the OW of them.
    And TM08 Explosion sounds good....i wonder what its effect is....

~Celebi

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Not a super-mega-fantastic-incredible thing, but a new thing. Remember clark the clerk? He's the guy in every shop in quartz and in marble too. (My joy/jenny parody: they all look the same, they all are clerks and they all are named clark). In quartz he used to appear as a trainer. In marble too, but the difference is that when you defeat him he'll sell you something. Not inspired on it, but when I finished it it reminded me of the deku scrubs from the zelda series.

By the way that's sandy valley. A [short] desert. pokemon appear in the sand. (I couldn't emulate the effect in ruby)

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • So, is he going to say "I have a potion for 400 poke-things" or will he show you a good variety of things to buy?
    Really good idea, by the way.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • So, is he going to say "I have a potion for 400 poke-things" or will he show you a good variety of things to buy?
    Really good idea, by the way.
    Just one item. But it will be stuff that you can't find in normal shops

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • It's not like HM08 Explosion is something very fair for your Pokes to use on battles (well, I don't like its effect), but whatever, we have HM Rock Smash, so... if it's needed, then it's needed :\

Everything sounds interesting, Baro. I just didn't get the part that you said you couldn't emulate the effect in Ruby (of what?)

Keep up with the good ideas!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • It's not like HM08 Explosion is something very fair for your Pokes to use on battles (well, I don't like its effect), but whatever, we have HM Rock Smash, so... if it's needed, then it's needed :\
    It will have other uses, such as opening doors on caves or breaking a dam. But yeah, maybe it's exaggerated to have cut, rock smash and explosion to have similar effects... Hmmm ah I know, now I know how to edit HMs, I'll edit the hm rock smash and put something else. I'll put the explosion rocks on the rock smash rocks slots, make the explosion rocks script out of the rock smash rock (changing the badge check if it has, [haven't cheked it yet]), and think something else.
    Remind me to edit the dialogues where people talk about rock smash.

EDITED: I've though about it and it would be cool to have SPIDER WEB as an HM. In some caves, you'll be able to create bridges using spider web. Also forces you to have a bug-type pokémon in your party (or to spend a lot of time in a certain route to catch a ninjice, which can learn every move.)

And yes, EXPLOSION is devastating, but also faints your POKéMON. Having unlimited explosions suggests new strategies.
    Maybe I put new rules on the league so you can't take revives or max revives with you, to prevent kamikaze strategies. Are there other ways to revive a pokémon?

Everything sounds interesting, Baro. I just didn't get the part that you said you couldn't emulate the effect in Ruby (of what?)
    Oh the desert tiles, where the sand is below your feet. There isn't a tile behaviour on FR that lets me emulate that.

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Maybe I put new rules on the league so you can't take revives or max revives with you, to prevent kamikaze strategies. Are there other ways to revive a pokémon?

When you use rare candy on a fainted Pokemon it revives with only 2 HP. Maybe it's not a good idea to ban all revives/max reviews, but you should let someone take a certain amount in instead (5 would be a good number).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Ah, cool. Replacing the Rock Smash sounds great, I think everyone agrees that R.Smash is a pathetic move to have around always with you on your team. Well, let's see what you replace it with and what would become the new field effect.

Rare Candy's behaviour is that, CBM? Or was it something you invented? *intrigued*
    [EDIT]: WOT? Why would I want to waste a R.Candy for reviving? I wonder if they still get their raising effect...

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • *Tries* Yup, it revives the pokes O.o First notice.
    There also are revival herbs, but I think that forbidding all kind of revives is kinda extreme... I agree with CBM: restrict the amount.
    @Zel: It also levels the poke up. Two birds in a shoot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Ah, cool. Replacing the Rock Smash sounds great, I think everyone agrees that R.Smash is a pathetic move to have around always with you on your team. Well, let's see what you replace it with and what would become the new field effect.

Rare Candy's behaviour is that, CBM? Or was it something you invented? *intrigued*

No, that really does happen in the official games.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • When you use rare candy on a fainted Pokemon it revives with only 2 HP. Maybe it's not a good idea to ban all revives/max reviews, but you should let someone take a certain amount in instead (5 would be a good number).
    Okay. I'll do that. The maximum of revival items permitted (the sum of all you have) will be 3, no candies included. (I think I have an idea on how to do that... hell of a long script).
    3, because 5 if too much. Not many people uses 5 revivals in one run at the league. 3 is fair.

By the way, I edited my other post while you were posting those witty replies:
    EDITED: I've though about it and it would be cool to have SPIDER WEB as an HM. In some caves, you'll be able to create bridges using spider web. Also forces you to have a bug-type pokémon in your party (or to spend a lot of time in a certain route to catch a ninjice, which can learn every move.)
    It's not definitive, but looks good to me.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Spider Web as an HM? Wow, that sounds like the next beta'll be a blast! However, I'm thinking of how it should give us some use in the next beta. There's really nothing important that can be of use for a spider web... unless you've got a witty post yourself, Baro! :P

Good luck.
    I'm all tangled up.
    Alright, bad pun. :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think a Spider Web is very useful if we want to cross around cliffs and caves and such. It creates pathways and bridges for us to cross obstacles and falls. Brilliant idea, Baro.., ya always have something to amaze us! :D

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
  • It wont be easy to make spider web an HM... you'd have to make a lot of scripts... appearing bridge, making them passable, making them disappear... etc, etc, etc... but it would be a good idea... just... which HM would go out? and... are there going to be 9 gyms as in Quartz? or more xD?

Back