• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, some errors in the game that seem weird, like what happens with Seismic Toss (the enemy sprite doesn't move) and some backsprites, but I bet you that Teh Baro will get them fixed and better, even. By the way, the new stuff put into the game (the merchant) and some more stuff about the GYM are awesome.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • i expected a new storyline urs is like firred still.
    the pokemon coalchu dont look so cool.
    No it's not.
    Have you read the thread?
    Have you even play the game?

The storyline is not a forced storyline, so you won't be merged into the plot right on the beggining (i.e.: the beta1). There are hints of a complicated story, of people who lie about their past and even their present, people who pursue poisoned dreams, etc.

I don't care if someone posts negative comments, but that's just not true.

~*Pikafan*~ said:
    Yeah, some errors in the game that seem weird, like what happens with Seismic Toss (the enemy sprite doesn't move) and some backsprites, but I bet you that Teh Baro will get them fixed and better, even. By the way, the new stuff put into the game (the merchant) and some more stuff about the GYM are awesome.
    I haven't messed with seismic toss so that must be something that already happens in the original... and yeah I was a bit lazy at backsprates, or you mean you found backsprites in beta 1.1 that are too high? If so please report them. beta is for betatesting.

the second beta will take a lot of time since I can only work during the weekends.

I know Teh Baro has some other sneaky things under his sleeves!
    We can't expect what'll he add next. :D

And yeah, the Beta was pretty amazing, though I am quite disturbed by some floating back pics of some PKMNs (e.g. the PKMN that was originally was a Pidgey)... But oh well... It still is an awesome hack.

Always keep it up, Teh Baro and aim high~
    Just checked, ornlil works fine.
    Check that you have beta 1.1

Last edited:

~*Pikafan*~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    No, I didn't really check which specific ones, but I'll check later and tell you if there are any. But I really wonder how Seismic Toss is.

Elainia

Rocky FTW!!!
    Years
  • Well...I've been watching this thread for a long time now, and even played the beta, and all I can say is...wow. You've really outdone yourself, with a complex storyline and all that. I'll be sure to keep watching this hack.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    That's a lovely thing to say! :)
    I'm sure Teh Baro will be more motivated to keep going! ;)

And yes, Teh Baro has put a lot of new stuff in the hack, and in the upcoming Beta 2, there will be more! So stay tuned. :D

Btw, Teh Baro, keep it up as always. ;)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Thanks for the support.

Right now, I'm doing a small town with a pet shop (where you'll be able to buy another starter different from the one you already had). After that, maybe I put a dungeon and then close the beta.
    If I do that, the progress you can do if you played beta 1.1 to the end would be:

EGG TRAIN - WISTWOODS & WIST CASTLE - CYAN TOWN & GYM 3 - BACK TO TANGERINE - SECRET TUNNEL - BACK TO COBALTSTATION & GYM 4 - BLUE LANDS & BOMBERMEN HIDEOUT (not a dungeon, it's more like a house with trainers) - SKY LANDS & FOREST PASSAGE (a small route with a small path that will be equivalent to the underground path, with a pair of things inside) - WISTERIA VILLAGE - [DUNGEON (maybe].

That's a lot of words, but a few new places. I think it's not too much because you can clear it in little time. I know you long for beta 2, but HONESTLY, may it be too little progress?

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • well, baro the hack looks great, the screens look very interesting and i wanna play a beta 2 soon, but i myself think that the second beta should be much longer, maybe to the 5th gym would be ok.
    well that´s my opinion, good luck my friend.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I don't know... Hmmm... two gyms per Beta doesn't sound THAT bad. But since you are the one who said that you were not satisfied with the gameplay length, then I guess we must trust you and don't force you to make something you are not satisfied with. So, keep working, and maybe reach the 5th or 6th Gym before making another release.

Don't worry, as I use to say: as long as some information is given from time to time, you'll be safe from lots of people asking for a Beta, I guess...

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Okay. Enough for me.
    Beta 2 will have at LEAST rainbowpolis, on all its splendor and hugeness.
    And 5th gym, SO also another dungeon (which is related to the gym, it's one of those jokes I want people to not know until they play it, because of the surprise effect).
    It's a promise

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wheeeeeee, nice! I'll be sitting here waiting then!
    Having a 5th GYM in beta 2 sounds fun! Keep it up~

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Okay. Enough for me.
    Beta 2 will have at LEAST rainbowpolis, on all its splendor and hugeness.
    And 5th gym, SO also another dungeon (which is related to the gym, it's one of those jokes I want people to not know until they play it, because of the surprise effect).
    It's a promise

Are we still going to have the web bridge idea in the game?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Yeah but it will be the last HM so you won't have it in this beta.
    In fact, I've been thinking of inserting a spiderman wannabee in the game that says something like "How do I shot web? I have this HM but I can't manage to put it to work... maybe you'll make good use of it", and to put spider web tiles in rainbowpolis to climb to rooftops

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    That is a great idea Baro ^_^

Spiderman Wannabee would be hilarious, like after he gives you the HM, he jumps off a building

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    XD Hahah... That's very funny, yet very original. :D
    I'm gonna be expecting that! xD

Best of luck~

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • That would be awesome if that was in it!
    And spider web would be cool as an HM (except not many pokemon would be able to learn it...)
    Oh wait, these are your pokemon, you could do waht ever you want with them XD
    I forgot for a sec...

~*Pikafan*~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    I think Spider Web should be all pokemon that can learn String Shot because it shouldn't be all bug types unless every bug can learn string shot. If he left a pokemon that couldn't, then it would be weird. Do you know what I'm saying?

Darn, I had a good example, but because he's editing all of the pokemon, I can't use it.

Also, I almost fell out of my chair at the Spiderman Wannabee breaking his leg. It's like he jumps off of the building and then when it seems like you can move again, a text box comes up and says "Ow! My leg!" Now that would be hilarious. Good idea Teh Baro and VC.

Back