• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ah................................
    Okay. That cleared the confusion in my head. ^^
    Thanks for explaining it to me, Baro. :)

Well, best of luck! ;)

KaniTheri

The Lopunny Queen
    Years
    I was banned off SA for saying "for the lulz" in my first post. Lowtax did a massive banning for this, which is completely absurd and scamming being it a board where you have to pay $10 to register, which is already absurd by itself (troll free? Blowtax is the biggest troll on the internets!). Zorak (dunno if that was his name on the board) said that the comments on that where "hints for me to edit my post" YEAH SURE LIKE EVERYBODY EXPECTED THAT AND AVOIDED TELLING ME. Well, I won't complain about it because being that the attitude of SA mods trolls I don't want to be in SA. Also, it's not up for me to complain: it was Zorak's ten bux, not mine. Like if I cared for him after that hypocrite thing he said.

Eh, having been on SA for three years now I'm used to all the unwritten rules. It can get a little wearisome, but SA isn't for everyone. Either way, a ban is a ban and the joke ingame really was amusing.

One thing--the trainer sprites are very good, but the Pokemon proper are of a slightly lower quality. Do you use different programs for both, or techniques? The glaring difference is somewhat jarring. Also on that note, I can't say I'm really fond of the huge noses on the fire type starter and a few other wild Pokemon. To each their own, but those are the only critiques I can think of.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    how do you get the bike (skate)?

its a good hack, im at end of it but cant get the skates.

Go to the skate shop having the amulet tag. If you traded it for the cursed tag, you can get it back and trade again as many times as you wish.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

As an excuse to bump the thread, and since all the outdoors maps are done, I've updated the progress map. Click to enlarge.
    The desert routes on the limits lead to rainbowpolis city, so maybe next map has those maps split so they connect properly with the city.
    Oh yeah and last map may still have some minor changes.

fun fact: I noticed a mapping error after resizing a map's pic.

Now, gotta do a lot of trainers, whiteclay city indoors and many other things. You gotta wait for beta 2.

Last edited:
    Years
    I like the map you made,it's awesome.:) I'm guessing that the sign is in the desert route west of Whiteclay Town.Oh wait,I just got an idea for Rainbowpolis.There could be a three ring circus in the middle of Rainbowpolis and you can't enter until you've got a ticket.But you can't get the circus ticket until you defeat the 5th Gym.You don't have to take my idea,but it would sound great though.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey, that reminds me of a question which I made and was backuped. How do you map, Baro? I mean, do you have a slight idea of how Garna's worldmap will be, or you just create the maps (specially the connections) "on the moment"?
    (Maybe you drew a worldmap on paper, there's people who do that)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Hey, that reminds me of a question which I made and was backuped. How do you map, Baro? I mean, do you have a slight idea of how Garna's worldmap will be, or you just create the maps (specially the connections) "on the moment"?
    (Maybe you drew a worldmap on paper, there's people who do that)
    On the beggining I just smashed connections, but then the map took shape. Now I even have the railways planned.

BlazeTehKin said:
    I like the map you made,it's awesome. I'm guessing that the sign is in the desert route west of Whiteclay Town.Oh wait,I just got an idea for Rainbowpolis.There could be a three ring circus in the middle of Rainbowpolis and you can't enter until you've got a ticket.But you can't get the circus ticket until you defeat the 5th Gym.You don't have to take my idea,but it would sound great though.
    It's curious that you say that, because I was planning on putting a circus troupe in one of the desert routes. You battle them, then the leader of the troupe gives you an item.
    But, nah, I won't put a circus in rainbowpolis.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    I have beta 1.1 of pokemon marble, and i'm waiting for the next one, but i will wait as long as it takes. i can't wait to trade my shiny kaosune onto it!

PS: will pokemon marble have another drunk guy, like in quartz? he was my favorite!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    I have beta 1.1 of pokemon marble, and i'm waiting for the next one, but i will wait as long as it takes. i can't wait to trade my shiny kaosune onto it!

PS: will pokemon marble have another drunk guy, like in quartz? he was my favorite!
    You won't be able to trade any pokemon from quartz.

On progress update, I've made all desert routes and whiteclay town have a 1/3 chance of having a sandstormy weather every time you enter them, and made most maps of the city. Now I gotta do people scripts and... dance!

In the belly dance dance hall of Whiteclay town you can talk to the dance master and she'll ask you to dance with her. Á la Zelda Oracle of Ages style, she'll teach you the moves first, then do some sequences you'll have to memorize and then repeat. You'll have to do a minimum of steps in each sequence. Once you pass the dancing test, you can battle her and get a Mirage Glass, which will open the door of the mirage tower in the desert.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    wow... that's... o.O (I hate dancing...)
    but honestly, it'll be fun! ^^

I can't wait, teh Baro! Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    You won't be able to trade any pokemon from quartz.

On progress update, I've made all desert routes and whiteclay town have a 1/3 chance of having a sandstormy weather every time you enter them, and made most maps of the city. Now I gotta do people scripts and... dance!

In the belly dance dance hall of Whiteclay town you can talk to the dance master and she'll ask you to dance with her. Á la Zelda Oracle of Ages style, she'll teach you the moves first, then do some sequences you'll have to memorize and then repeat. You'll have to do a minimum of steps in each sequence. Once you pass the dancing test, you can battle her and get a Mirage Glass, which will open the door of the mirage tower in the desert.

oh. not even with the VBA with link support? what a bummer:(

oh well. pokemon marble is still a great game. keep up the good work:D

Years
    I wonder what the Mirage Tower will be like? Maybe we'll battle Kid and Curry? I guess I'll have to wait for beta 2 to find out!Also I like the dance hall idea,it's great! Keep up the good work Baro.:)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    oh. not even with the VBA with link support? what a bummer:(

oh well. pokemon marble is still a great game. keep up the good work:D
    Not, because the pokemon sets are different. As an example, Covolts was on pikachu's slot in quartz but now it's on kakuna's. Also, there will only be 251 occupied slots, the rest will be fake BAD EGGS, although they'd supposedly auto-transform into actual BAD EGGS since I'll put all their stats to 0, so the checksum would return an error and transform the pokemon into a bad egg in trades.

BlazeTehKin said:
    I wonder what the Mirage Tower will be like? Maybe we'll battle Kid and Curry? I guess I'll have to wait for beta 2 to find out!Also I like the dance hall idea,it's great! Keep up the good work Baro.
    Nope, in beta 2 you'll only be able to get to the first floor. After all, it's like the equivalent to lavender tower, as in there're ghosts and a ghost event. You'll get the ghost-revealing device on rainbowpolis, so you'll have to wait to beta 3.
    But, yes, on mirage tower you'll meet Kid and Curry. And also The phantom... and a new bad guy, one of the pieces that completes the "jigsaw" (i.e.: you'll understand why the Phantom thinks you are from Glass Army)

So, who wants to be post number 400?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2008
    Does anyone have the Original Beta 1.0 of Marble? Beta 1.1 won't work for me apparently.

Last edited:
    Back