• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Does anyone have the Original Beta 1.0 of Marble? Beta 1.1 won't work for me apparently.
    Learn to patch, over a clean rom, fire red, etc. If you can't make 1.1 to work, you won't make 1.0 to work.

@BlazetehKin
    Yes, it ends at vice valley (the route that will lead to rainbowpolis) Where I'll be waiting for you to tell you it's over.
    But something similar will be at the mirage tower.

Years
    I have some questions

Learn to patch, over a clean rom, fire red, etc. If you can't make 1.1 to work, you won't make 1.0 to work.

@BlazetehKin
    Yes, it ends at vice valley (the route that will lead to rainbowpolis) Where I'll be waiting for you to tell you it's over.
    But something similar will be at the mirage tower.

Oh,wow that's cool.Also I noticed some things.
    There's a desert route by Cobalstation that I think is called Sandy Valley,and I noticed it had a cave.Will you be able to enter it?

Oh and there's something about Kayuko's Lab.I think people might skip the event by going through Mole Galleries.(I think)Maybe after you defeat Patricia there could be Molemen blocking it?I'm not sure really.I'll stop asking questions since I said alot,but I willask a few soon.

Oh,did you nticed I made the 400th post?

Vice Valley is a good name also.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Wow, I remember playing quartz like what 2 or 3 years ago, and I think it was the only hack ive ever seen finished, keep up the good work baro

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Oh,wow that's cool.Also I noticed some things.
    There's a desert route by Cobalstation that I think is called Sandy Valley,and I noticed it had a cave.Will you be able to enter it?
    not, because a Boultan will be sleeping there. You'll need the pokeflute to play a song for me, then it will wake up and supposedly dance (I say supposedly because as well as you don't see snorlax attack in fire red, here I won't waste an sprite in a dancing boultan... or will I? I still have to decide, anyway that's beta 3 stuff).
    In that cave you'll find the Rainbowpolis gym leader, since she won't be at the gym... there will be a funny surprise joke there ;).

I still haven't decide, but my idea is that maybe you get the ghost detector after beating the last trainee in rainbowpolis gym, then in mirage tower you get the pokeflute. Now I gotta arrange it to be coherent with the story.

Oh and there's something about Kayuko's Lab.I think people might skip the event by going through Mole Galleries.(I think)Maybe after you defeat Patricia there could be Molemen blocking it?I'm not sure really.
    You can also skip going to kayuko's hideout in cobaltstation, so you won't be able to get the orange package from the lab (since you won't have the key). Anyway, once you get cut, you can cut down the tree at cobaltstation park and enter the lab through the back door. It's up to the player to decide whether taking the shortcut or the longcut, although since you'll have cut, the most logical thing is to explore the new ways that will open by cutting down trees. The game is enough linear as it is, so blocking the long way wouldn't be a good idea.

Also, kayuko's new hideout will be in rainbowpolis, so if you don't do that part, nobody will be there. As a side note, to enter there you will also need to get the password from the parnot at wisteria village, so maybe you gotta buy mole cookies.

I'll stop asking questions since I said alot,but I willask a few soon.
    Keep asking everything you want

Oh,did you nticed I made the 400th post?
    Yes :D

Vice Valley is a good name also.
    Vice, as in all the vice that surrounds rainbowpolis.

OMG you look like me!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
    Hey Baro!
    Pokémon Marble is going great man!
    I can't wait to beta 2, which i suppose (and hope) that will be released soon.
    Good luck!

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Hey Baro!
    Pokémon Marble is going great man!
    I can't wait to beta 2, which i suppose (and hope) that will be released soon.
    Good luck!
    thanks for bumping the thread man

SO
    I told Xiros to bump the thread because I was uploading the video of the dancing script to youtube, but failed. tried to record it again and failed to convert video file. Youtube's a *%&·!
    Actually that happened before, when I recorded the shiny, that's why there isn't a video of it.
    But well, you'll see it in the beta.
    The script is done, after an entire afternoon and 12 Kb of 570 lines of source code.

There're 5 steps: Jump, waist move, spin right, spin left, and mambo. You're taught the moves and then the dancing leader does 4 sequences, each one more and more fast (less wait between steps). You have to make a minimum steps in each sequence to pass:
    3/4 in the firs, 4/6 in the second, 6/8 in the third and perfect 8/8 in the last one.
    After each sequence, you gotta chose the steps you are going to make (obviously, the ones that the NPC did). The other dancers at the hall will always do the right step, so if you fail, you'll notice it because you'll be the only one doing a different movement. After the 4 sequences, you battle the leader of the belly dancers and receive the mirage glass as a prize.

Argh, damn youtube, if it worked, it'd be so cute to watch!
    * tomorrow I'll upload some pictures, now it's a bit late

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Nice. Man, I wonder if it'll be a difficult task. xD
    Anyways, keep up the great work!
    I'm excited to see more! :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Bummer, I wonder why you keep having those tube's problems? >.<

Anyway, at least, it'll be interesting to see how the whole deal is done. It really sounds confusing when you explain it (hehe... I cant take the "mambo" move from my head XP)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    PICS OF THE DANCE HALL AND A VIDEO

Here's some pics
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

I just discovered photobucket supports videos, so here is a short demonstration. Rounds 3 and 4 are longer and harder. (in each round, the pause between each step is halved)
    Click to watch

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Baro, that was truly the most amazing 50 second video I've seen in the last hour.

Thank you :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    O_O
    Amazing script. I only wish it's not as hard as it was in OoA. At least, you can miss here ^_^

XD at the subrosians

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    O_O
    Amazing script. I only wish it's not as hard as it was in OoA. At least, you can miss here ^_^

XD at the subrosians
    Subrosian dance were in OoS, in OoA is goron dance, which is more like this.

The good thing here is that you don't have to care about time, just choose the right steps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    Is this whole dancing thing necessary for the plot/game progression?
    or is it just for fun?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    So, it's like a memory game, then? Hmmm... And the speed of the movement of the dancers is what makes it a challenge, I see. Well, I understand it now. Maybe sometime later you could make something like an "extreme" challenge or something like that (because I'm sure there's always people who'd like to brag about their good memory :laugh:)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    That's a good idea, Baro. It looks very good, and the idea of the memory game, as well as the cool dance moves, would add a great addition to this game. I always liked this game (even though I've never finished the Beta), so keep it going, Baro. Good luck!

Back