• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    wowowee!
    that was awesome! =3

I love it, Baro, but if we er, got the moves wrong, will we start all over again? :\

shadowking93

UnStupid
    Years
  • dancing seems hard, i have no clue on remembering dance steps! wait...are the moves in the video like the ones in the game?(hehehe, cheating time) dancing seems kind of a new thing for pokemon. hope the game goes well! Although, i have no memory on comp to play, so a good luck from a guy who reads peoples comments and goes along with them.

I can haz haxburgrz?

<--- Making Shimmering Pearl
    Years
  • how far are you planning on getting until you post beta 2? i played throught beta 1.1 in under an hour..... it was masive but still short.... know what i mean? but for a beta 1 you used up a lot of the mapping space..... i hope this works out well..... bol

Years
  • I looked at the beta 2 map again and I noticed some things.

In Whiteclay Town there's an oasis,and a big building below the pokemart that's probably the belly dance hall and there's an Inn.

There's a place below Wist Woods where the egg train stops.What's that places name?

In Blue Lands there's a cave that is possibly the Bomberman location.

In Sky Lands the Forest Passage has three entrences/exits.The Forest Passage must be big.

Thats what I noticed about the Beta 2 map.

Tenzou

~Ten...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Baro! I love your Quartz hack and Marble (although I was a bit disappointed by this one) I love the original mapping, events, everything, basically. But I have to test the second Beta so I can advance even more x). Good luck and keep it up.

PokeCale

Lólmon has begun...
    Years
  • That looks cool. I'll download the BETA right away.

Oh by the way. I bought a Pokémon Quartz and a Chaos Black cartridge ages ago in Skegness before i was even aware of ROM hacking.

Looking forward for it's completion.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • wowowee!
    that was awesome! =3

I love it, Baro, but if we er, got the moves wrong, will we start all over again? :\
    Yes. But the sequences will be the same.
    If you fail several times you can write them down.
    And since the other dancers will dance along with you (but doing the correct steps), after several tries you can get the sequences if you don't see them when the dancin leader does them.

how far are you planning on getting until you post beta 2? i played throught beta 1.1 in under an hour..... it was masive but still short.... know what i mean? but for a beta 1 you used up a lot of the mapping space..... i hope this works out well..... bol
    On how far, watch the map on the first post.
    Maybe beta 2 is a bit shorter (the new parts, I mean)... But well, betas are short? I don't give a duck, since sooner or later I WILL end it. So this is not like when other hacks release a beta and it's short and days later they start a new hack and forget the old one.
    What do you mean by mapping space? I am adding new map banks in AM. To be exact, I added 2: one with 20 from which I used like 13, and another that it's only reserved, and when I use it I'll reserve like 50 maps, and there's still plenty of rom space.

I looked at the beta 2 map again and I noticed some things.

In Whiteclay Town there's an oasis,and a big building below the pokemart that's probably the belly dance hall and there's an Inn.

There's a place below Wist Woods where the egg train stops.What's that places name?

In Blue Lands there's a cave that is possibly the Bomberman location.

In Sky Lands the Forest Passage has three entrences/exits.The Forest Passage must be big.

Thats what I noticed about the Beta 2 map.
    - The dance hall is the big building at the very south of whiteclay town
    - It's still wistwoods
    - Yep, that's bomberman's
    -Actually four: 2 from sky lands, the southern that leads to the desert, and the northern which leads to wisteria village. But actually it's not big. In fact, it's very short. It's like the underground road from FIRE RED, but with some stuff on it (but no wild pokemon). There're some low level covolts hanging from the trees and a guy asks you to get rid of them (then he gives you a choice band). The secret is that some of those covolts hold good items, so if you remember this when playing the beta 2, catch them.

yes i noticed that the forest path must be REALLY big.... i hate big "dungeons" (caves and forests) plzzzzzz tell me it wont take a year to get through......
    See above. The forest passage is a pretty, sweet, happy, light, foggy, small, cute, safe place.

UPDATING ON NEWS

I've redone attack lists from 100 to 151 since somehow I lost them. Also, I did the pokedex size comparison and Ht/Wt for all pokemon, and put some new phone events (I realized there were none new!). This weekend/next week I'll make the trainers of the 2 last routes, a couple of lucky tags events, some pokemon data (stats and check the evolutions)... aaaaaand we're done (after some fast stuff: wild pokemon and background musics). Unless I die or something worse, next weekend the beta will would be ready. Then if Xiros/Serg!o are online, it'll be released.

Also, I've been thinking and maybe I'm putting 3 new pokemon on 151's set. Because the lowheaven kings of west, south and east are there, and it's not logical because they're not from garna. I am yet to decide if they'll legendaries or not, but that will be beta 3 matters.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Yes. But the sequences will be the same.
    If you fail several times you can write them down.

Unless I die or something worse, next weekend the beta will would be ready. Then if Xiros/Serg!o are online, it'll be released.

To the first paragraph: Wouldn't it be more interesting if you were to randomize the movements to execute? (and if you fail, you'd get a different sequence), 'cause that thing of always being the same sounds a bit boring (in my opinion)

To the second paragraph: Cool! What else? ^o^

Years
  • It's going to be released on next weekend? Cool I guess I can play my DS Lite while i'm waiting then.Oh and I disagree with zel(sorry),because some people can't remember some things which means they can write it down to remember,but if it's random then how can we pass?Remember Baro did say we'd start over again.But that's my opinion.Don't worry zel you're as cool as Baro and coolboyman.

(I think I kind of went off topic)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • To the first paragraph: Wouldn't it be more interesting if you were to randomize the movements to execute? (and if you fail, you'd get a different sequence), 'cause that thing of always being the same sounds a bit boring (in my opinion)

To the second paragraph: Cool! What else? ^o^

Maybe, but that would be thrice as complex as it already is...
    Let me sketch it...
    I can think of two possibilities:

1.-
    Since the last sequence has 8 steps, use 8 extra variables to copyvar the steps created in eight random 5 sentences. Then 5 comparevars for the dancers to do the right step, then 5 more to check if that's the right step...

2.-
    randomize a previously fixed amount of sequences, then use as many branches of the script as sequences exist.

Maybe I do it, but well...

EDIT
    Then again, if I randomize, BTK is right. Not on the fact that people can't remember things (now the simpsons episode when they change the phone prefixes comes to my mind, they say somewhere something like CartoonPhone:"it's been proven that even a monkey can remember up to 10 numbers, are you dumber than a monkey" Moe/Apu:"A superinteligent monkey?" CartoonPhone:"Of course not!"), but it'd be tiring to start over and over again.
    So then again two solutions are possible:
    - When wrong, goto previous parts of the script and try again with a brand new sequence of the same level.
    - When wrong, set a flag so when you come back you start in that one. I'd reject this because I'm very mean with flags. My precioouuuuuus.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Yay I own TLOZ: Ages and Seasons. :) Cant wait for the beta and the dancing brings good memories :)
    I think it would be a bit easy if its the exact same but it would be a bi hard if it was always different. Never the less, this hacks looking good. Keep up the good work :)

Years
  • I have an idea.You could do what you originally planned,the same dance if you fail on it.Because we want to battle the dance leader and continue with Beta 2.Oh one question,What are the names of the main characters you start with,and what's the rival's name?

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Teh baro I see the language you like to use still thrives. I love the readme LOL! too bad for ken fans.

Back