• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year: 2006] Votings

Which Hack is your Hack of the Year?

• [url-inline="showthread.php?t=45201"]Pokémon: A Return To Johto[/url-inline]

Votes: 97 26.7%
  • [url-inline="showthread.php?t=62673"]Pokémon Liquid Ocean[/url-inline]

Votes: 112 30.9%
  • [url-inline="showthread.php?t=64133"]Pokémon Quartz[/url-inline]

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • [url-inline="showthread.php?t=68671"]Pokémon rijonAdventures[/url-inline]

Votes: 58 16.0%
  • [url-inline="showthread.php?t=57683"]Pokémon Saffron[/url-inline]

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • [url-inline="showthread.php?t=63967"]Pokémon: Secrets and Rumors[/url-inline]

Votes: 21 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hehehe, maybe Shiny Gold fans will have to wait till next year, hopefully. There are great hacks in the list, played almost all of them, so it's a tough choice though.
    May the best hack win!

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
    Years
    I would vote for Shiny Gold but its not available, I picked Pokemon Quartz because its actually 100% completed

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2011
    Wow

I still don't understand how games that have yet to release a beta can be up for this award. How would the majority know how great it is purely through pictures? Even with a beta it astounds me that Baro completes an ENTIRE game, and an indepth one at that and isn't winning. I can't recall seeing a completed advanced generation game aside from his...How is it that his game goes unnoticed or without awards? I hate how popularity of a gamer/programing group seems to influence these votings rather than the quality, or existence, of the game itself.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    I still don't understand how games that have yet to release a beta can be up for this award. How would the majority know how great it is purely through pictures? Even with a beta it astounds me that Baro completes an ENTIRE game, and an indepth one at that and isn't winning. I can't recall seeing a completed advanced generation game aside from his...How is it that his game goes unnoticed or without awards? I hate how popularity of a gamer/programing group seems to influence these votings rather than the quality, or existence, of the game itself.
    The Hack of the Year award were first made to acknowlegde one/two hack(s) that members here at PC love. In which case each one votes for their favorite hack, it was never intented to be a popularity vote.
    It first started with us holding a preliminary nomination with all known hack names that were created from the beginning of that year to the month of August. Then out of all the votes the members did, the top 8 hacks with the most votes were nominated for this yearly award. Now most of this changed in the past two years since, the members of the community took no interested when it came to the HotY award for 2005. That was when the mods had to gather between the three of them to decide on one hack that deserved it the most.
    This was never intended to be a populatiry vote and its not. If you thinkthat the choice of hack you wanted for nomination, you could have nominated it when the time came. But there is always next year.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    I love Pokemon Rijon adventures. I've even wrote my own Rijon episode storyline with Wes from Pokemon Colosseum on Microsoft word.

I can't wait for Pokemon Bronze in January 2007. I want to plaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    "The winner of the HOY is put into the Hall of Fame", but... is that all?. I just thougth, why not give it a Sticky for a few months or till the next Election (considering the hack is still in development).
    I'm pretty sure you could do that, and it would be an honour for the hack maker, and hey, even to the community to always see the best hack in the whole year!

Of course, it's only a suggestion... What do you guys think?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Aaaaaaaaaand the voting is over.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the voting, either by comments or voting.

Looks like Liquid Ocean is the winner of this year's Hack of the Year voting.

Congratulations to Christos and his team! :D
    We will be executing the awarding later today.

Since this isn't needed anymore...

~closed//unstuck~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back