• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hack of the Year 2007 || Your nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
  • Hack name: Pokémon :t245:CrystalShards:t251: from Kike-Scott
    Reason for nomination: Because Kike-Scott puted the whole FR tilesets, with addition, into Pokemon Emerald, which now combines very good graphics and good scripts like the pokegear.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokémon Prism from Coolboyman
    Reason: This hack includes the most different starting I have ever seen, the clothes shop is a great idea, has new music and some wonderful additions such as the sidescrolling

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Hack name: Pokémon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi from Skeetendo
    Reason: Skeetendo has made a very cool change of Johto in places & storyline and the addition of Latio with a whole new nice tileset. There also some new good function such as Pokemobile.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: Zel has made great additions to the G/S/C universe. Lot's of interesting new rivals, new ways to evolve pokemon and great events. Also because Nintendo neglected to make a G/S remake with FR/LG graphics and because Shiny Gold has all pokemon from all 3 generations catchable.

Guzv4

Stronger than ever!
    Years
    Reason: Because this is the best G/S/C remake ever. It has its own scripts, and a lot of trainers who are your friends or fiends. The hack has awsome new tiles who are similliar to the D/P one. Also this hack is one of the few that will be sure completed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Plasma Red
    Reason for nominaton: This hack is probably one of the best G/S/C hacks made. It is surely one of those hacks that will be completed, and Blazihcu has put a lot of effort into the hack, changing the tiles and puting his own fakemon in it. Well done Blazichu you are worthy for the title.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: I always wanted to play Pokemon Gold again with new graphics. It's got alot of new events new rivals and all legendary can be cought. And all that in a Great new tileset

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Crystal Shards
    Reason: Kike did something most people would be scared to. He's making a Crystal remake, using emerald, one of the hardest roms to hack. And his progress is amazing, so I'm nominatin him =D

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Reason: Zel offered us what Nintendo wouldn't... A GBA remake of Gold. He completed Jhoto which no other hacker was capable of acheiving. A decent remake that sticks to the original storyline with a new twist! If any hack deserves this award.. it's Shiny Gold!

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I agree with coolboyman completely. there are so many great hacks this year, it's hard for me to choose, but my decision has been made:

Hack Name: Rijon Adventures
    Reason: HS has done a GREAT job of taking us back through the old Rijon region, but has added in many of the things that were lacking in the original. along with a new region and excellent graphics, this hack is just amazing.

PokemonNerd

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    Pokemon Prism
    This is the best Gold hack out there, it is totaly unique, better than all FR hacks out there. The guy has done what is impossible and showed us that anything can be done. Coolboyman deserves this award.

Last edited:

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    Reason: Zel's ceaseless travails and efforts even in the face of disaster and script deletion, and his willingness to be always open to new ideas in his endeavor to happily provide thousands of fans the Jhoto remake they've always dreamed of, is certainly deserving of the title.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hack name- Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason- Eversince I played FireRed and Leafgreen, I have always wanted a remake of G/S/C but after waiting for a few years one never came and I was upset. Then I found Shiny Gold and I was so happy.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Hack- Shiny Gold
    Reason- It's a long awaited remake of the greatest series ever to come to the pokemon world. Redone graphics, characters, features and more. Shiny Gold has it all.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokémon RijonAdventures
    Reason: Because it has been a source of inspiration for me, since my rebirth as a rom hacker. It is a very stable game with a perfect mapping, and a lot of upcoming great ideas from Sotomura. And, its Beta had a good gameplay length, which adds points.
    It's only drawback is the lack of scripting, but still it has been one of the games that I really enjoyed playing its Beta.

Well, good luck to the rest of the hacks! I hope my favorite 9 get to the next phase!

shinyraichu

The Master of Electricity
    Years
  • Pokemon Shiny Gold

Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: It is a superb hack with greatness everywhere you go in the game. It was made as a remake of Gold, which is what so many people have been waiting for, for such a long time. It shows how amazing one scripted can be. Although, many people think it would be harder to make a game from scratch, it is really harder to remake it trying to make every detail be in place. In addition, the creator of the game has lost much of his work when a Virus attacked his computer, but he kept on going; He kept on making the most impressive hack I have ever seen.

p.s. I do not write like this often, only when I want to make the writing sound dramatic.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Nomination: Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Reason: No one has been as influenctial in rom hacking as Zel,overcoming every obsticle faced from work to the virus attack,the rom is amazing its as if though nintendo them selves had made it. Scipring is well done in the hack also the maps are perfect.

Hero of Time Link³

KFC's 33rd Employee
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Shiny Gold(Zel)
    Reason:It has a second version of it for people who like bigger challenges unlike most other hacks.It offers more than just gold and is done in D/P graphics and has already completed Johto.

Last edited:

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Hack name: Plasma Red

Reason: Blazichu put lots of work in it. Such as pallete changing, scripting, hex editing for text and trainer battles and for map changing, new tiles and a new start. All on Gold Version!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back