• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I dont know how the day/night system works on this game, so how to get umbreon or espeon ?

And hey, I found a few move tutors in the game, just talk to everybody that is not on a pokemon center and mart

MunchingOrange

The Orange Empire Strikes Back
Years
Hey everyone,
today I officially started my own video walkthrough for this amazing hack! Please check it out and give me suggestions on how to make it better or what Pokemon to use and stuff!

Heres the link:
youtube.com/watch?v=UQrklQDbak0

Please watch, rate and comment suggestions for improvement!

Thanks to Haraken and Coolboyman for making this awesome hack and letting everyone play it!

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yes, I did it =)

You are real lucky orange, I have some great news for everyone, see it by yourselves =)

By the way, if anyone can tell me the legendaries location I will put your name on credits

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2019
some bugs i found :P

This game is great so far, i have 7 gym badges, all hm's but waterfall, and two of the legendary birds (just now got strength, so i still have some new places to check out, a big one i'm interested in is the one spot in the rijon tunnel :P). i also have over 140 pokemon so far (i am bookin'!), which is really awesome.

now, some bugs i have found:

karpman's sister, in the area north of his gym, gives you a water stone if you obtain his badge, and one would expect it to end there, but if you leave the area and return (such as into the building she is near), she will give yet another water stone. in fact, this is repeatable as many times as wanted, and since each sells for 1050 poke, one could make as much money as they wanted.

if you capture articuno, after the battle, it would normally disappear, becoming permanantly gone. however, instead of disappearing, he remains, where you can fight, and catch it again in an infinate loop. like usual, however, if it is defeated, or you flee, it will disappear (tested by me). if i remember correctly, zapdos, my other caught bird, does disappear when caught, but i can recheck to see otherwise (though i would have noticed >_>).

some people say things that are from the original fire red game, such as the guy in the rijon tunnel who talks about needing flash for rock tunnel, people in the water east of Eagulou speaking as if they were right at seafoam islands (as well as similar things from people in the rijon strait). there are many places like this all around, but it is to be expected without starting from scratch :P.

a brid trainer on a beachy area out in the water east of Eagulou has an oddity in his battle - his name appears, followed by a large quantity of spaces, then the usual wants to battle/sends out xxx/was defeated messages. my guess is that you acidentally put in blank spaces after his name, or a random bug in whatever you used. nothing big, and first one i noticed thus far.

on the path to the elite four (only made it to the last person before rejection :P) there is a full restore in a patch where a berry should be, and a berry in a blank space elsewhere, so my guess is you put them in the wrong spaces?

on the same note, i noticed that there are a good deal of hidden items that cannot be picked up, such as the items in the city underpass. i first noticed this when finding a berry spot north of the spot where that team rocket guy denies you access to the bulding (you must surf to reach this place), in the botan outskirts (actually in forest gate, but is linked to the outskirts). i opened up advance map, and there IS supposed to be an item there (a pamtre berry), but it is not able to be gotten, and so i decided to look at other maps i had been to, and found a great deal more items like it. i fiddled around with the advance map, and found that setting the talk height to always usually allowed me to grab them, though some still would not be fixed. i do not know if these items are meant to be unincluded, or if it is just my game that is not allowing me to grab them, but i just wanted to include them as well (if you want, i can find all of the locations that i encountered this problem so the next release can be fixed).

not a big deal, but some of the warps in advance map lead to somewhere TOTALLY different than intended, but the in-game warps work fine. i do not remember an example of which, as they appear in random places, but still happen to me.

NOTE: the item and warp odities could be a result of me having advance map loaded with the rom WHILE i am playing it, so they may not be something that happens to anyone but me, would be best for someone else to check this out.

some of the mail has oddities involved as well - the initial mail i recieved regarding karpman said his first name was kevin, while the one after the seventh gym said something totally different (at least i think it was kevin, though i could have just read it really fast... still best to check), and i forgot to beat the sixth gym, and continued on in the game, with my newly aquired surf, at the time, eventually coming upon the seventh gym, which i beat. i checked the mail, and recieved some strangeness galore there :P. the first being karpman's name, the second, in your dad's message, some of the text is cut off at the end of one of the lines (i am guessing it should be "while." not "whi"), third, my rival said his dad wanted something with me (went to check... and nothing happened), and finally, sheral mailed me saying things as if i had already beaten her, which i had not. probably happened because you did not expect the seventh to be done before the sixth, but it did happen :P. also, after finishing the sixth, my rival's dad still had nothing he wanted me for, so i am either missing something, or my save is screwed O.O (also, the sixth gym was much harder than the seventh...).

these are the bigger things i have found that have bugged me, but other than these, everything else is working beautifully. i just wanted them to be listed here, so that if they are not already known, they can be fixed for a later version, as that is what betas are for, right :P. oh, and thanks for this great hack, one of the best i have played so far!

oh, and zado, if i knew what the rarity of each pokemon slot in advance map was, i would compile a BIG list of the pokemon, as it is what i am using to find all of the pokemon. with only my main six evolving, and a few evolutions of already owned pokemon captured, i now have 144 pokemon, 66 of which are rijon (R/B/Y) pokemon, and i am just after the seventh gym! if someone could give me the rarity (i know that the lower the slot number is in advance map, the higher the chance of finding the pokemon, i just do not know the exact chances), i would put a list together for everybody.

Last edited:

MunchingOrange

Years
Hey everyone!

The second episode of my rijonAdventures video walkthrough is finally up!

Heres the link:
youtube.com/watch?v=ci09qAIEgRI

Please watch, rate and comment

Also please suggest some good Pokemon i can use in this run!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
1 question..do you evolve those pokemon by trade in the original by level in this game instead?

MunchingOrange

Years
now ive got episode 3 of my video walkthrough done!
were finally finished with Merson Cave so please watch!

Heres the link for episode 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=jX877auyXmc

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2009
Here's a bug I've found, not sure if anybody else has encountered this or not. If you're paralyzed and cannot move for a turn, it still counts as you using the move you selected, even if it does not register the change.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I think he means that the PP of the move has been deducted even if the PKMN using it was paralyzed and couldn't use that move...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is that something the Pokémon engine normally shouldn't do, now?

well, in Ruby, if the PKMN was paralyzed during his turn to attack, the PP won't be deducted. Not quite sure in FR but I'll test it out~

edit...
I just tried it out on an ordinary FR ROM and it's the same to a Ruby ROM, the PP won't be deducted if the PKMN is paralyzed.
Now lemme try it on rijonAdventures~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Oooh, hot game! :> And the graphics are teh hawtness <3

I'd love to be a beta tester :>

Ku-Ri-Boh!

Silent Trainer...
Years
Bug?!

The first time i post in this Pokecommunity... I found a glitch, too... On the cycling road, before you enter the building that connects you to the underground leading to Goldenrod & Ilex Forest, if you check the sign outside the building, you will obtain 7 items.... They're called ?????... Can't be used or sold.... I discarded them immediately as to fear of glitches. Is it only my ROM problem or...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The first time I post in this Pokecommunity... I found a glitch, too... On the cycling road, before you enter the building that connects you to the underground leading to Goldenrod & Ilex Forest, if you check the sign outside the building, you will obtain 7 items.... They're called ?... Can't be used or sold.... I discarded them immediately as to fear of glitches. Is it only my ROM problem or...

It's really strange, dude.

This glitch shouldn't occur.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Is it physically impossible to get a nature that boost special attack for Charmander at the beginning? I must have reset it 50 times by now and not ONE nature that boost special attack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
No, he just hasn't been to a required area first.
I'm having this problem as well, but I feel as though I've been everywhere. I have no clue where I'm supposed to go now. 7 badges, Waterfall, talked to the girl looking for Lugia, talked to Prof Jen after getting 60 pokes but she didn't do anything. Rivals dad didn't do anything either. I've even caught all three legendary birds.

The only place I think I haven't been (where I could potentially go) is the Rocket Warehouse and yet I still am unable to get rid of those Rocket Grunts in the haunted forest.

It's a bug that only occurs if you stand there and press A on it after the sign text box has actually disappeared. Just something I haven't corrected yet.

To the poster above, you're probably just unlucky.
Haha, well I suppose bad luck does tend to follow me around like a stray kitten.

Edit: I see, the Game Reed Shack place stopped being out to lunch.

There is one criticism I have with this game: too much outside help is required. You need to have someone give you clues or to tell you where to go, otherwise people get lost and frustrated. Also, when the lady Rocket Grunt gives you Sludge Bomb, instead I feel she should run away and drop it. It makes no sense for her to just give it to you.

Last edited:

Draga

Waffle Hunter
Years
Hehe. I've just beaten Karpman and I'm near the Post Office, when I found out that the underground pass leads to Hayward Docks. My last name is Hayward..........CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

Seriously though, I like this hack very much. Keep up the good work Coolboyman!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
Haha, I realise this. It's sorta frustrating to the end user how nobody gives hints, isn't it? Nor is anything done about the fact that a person literally walks into a battlefield (read: the fourth gym).

i like it, it gives a certain edge over other pokemon hacks , using intelligence or random luck to solve problems in games makes you feel awesome. although i slaute anyone who has completed this without looking up help in this thread, god knows i had to

Rеd

Indigo League Champion
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I love this!!

I've been playing since Saturday, and I've gotten my whole mod to download your hack (I live in a dorm).

143 poke's so far!
:pink_boogie:

Back