• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Credits:

• Dewitty - Original Sprite
    • Me - Edits
    • Riceeman - Concept
    • Chibi Robo - Edits
    • Zephyr+ - Edits
    • Ben. - Being an idiot who makes cool Pokédex bases.

Most of this sprite is good, however I'd say that the arm on the left (the Pokémon's right) is awkward. It looks lilke the perspective is slightly out, the arm is a lot thinner than the other but it's not that far away, it should be more similar in thickness. Also I think the hoof detail is a bit too dark, even though it would be in shadow the black lines just seem to make it stand out more than the closer hoof.

The body armor, from where we are looking, should not have the red fur around it on the left side either, and I think it might look better if the nose ring was slightly smaller and a few pixels more circular.

I love the concept, especially the armor. It reflects it's typing very well and is probably the best cow-fakemon I have seen.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Well why dont you just tell that to all of the spriters who worked so very hard on this sprite to get it right. Just be thankful your getting spriters to devote their time to this game so you the consumer can enjoy it more. And if your going to give constructive critism please be specific, cause "make it spark" isnt going to cut it, thanks.

Add some more of the steel armor, that or add yellow/orange to the red base body of it . But besides that, it looks badass.

I can't wait for Beta 3.0 because I need a fix before Black and White come out. And when the jailbreak comes to the iTouch 3G, I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
    I wan't to marry this hack :D

It's so unique, and everything about it is new and original. This will be one of the best I've er seen.

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
    I've found something. In Ganges Town, the man that gives you the running shoes, I think his flags are the wrong way around. He says things about the running shoes before you even get them.

And another thing, my Murkrow evolved at level 22, but it somehow reverted to level 18 0.o

Last edited:
    Years
    I agree with LassLaura to an extent (maybe not the boobs part) but the armour looks a bit too low-cut on the chest area. I suggest making it... less like that. Maybe ease up on the 'U' shape a bit- armour should cover, it wouldn't do too much good if it were shaped like that.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years

Well since everybody dislikes the design I decided to redo the armor and some of the shading so that hopefully, you will like it. I also apoligize to some of my rash comments tried to defend some of my fellow artists because they put too much time and effort into the sprite for it to be criticized like it was.
    So anyways I hope you like the new (ish) design.

DMAC

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    The new sprite revamp looks great. I love the fire on its head, really cool. I still would shorten up the nose ring just a bit but it looks great. With a head like that im thinking some zen headbut?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Well, quite a few reasons have had me come to this conclusion:

• I like working privately.
    • Chibi Robo will be away for a few weeks (three to be precise).
    • I will be revamping Sienna to quite an extent so I feel that this Sienna will no longer be Sienna.
    Now, what is this conclusion? This conclusion is that Pokémon Sienna will no longer have an official thread on this forum. When will a new thread come about? Beta 3? Never? Tomorrow? Who knows? I certainly don't.

Closed~

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Yes, I get the first post! Well, this hack looks awesome! It has everything! New storyline, professional fakemon, new tiles, good maps, etc.... Keep it going, Manipulation.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    First post excluding the original posters post. I have been stalking the hacks showcase waiting for this xD
    The new tiles look good too, although I'm a bit iffy towards the new water. Overall, looks really good and I'm hoping to see the new beta soon :D

Edit: OMFG WHY AM I ALWAYS NINJA'D GRRRRR!!!!!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Who really cares who got first post?!

Anyway, I agree about the water tile, except my opinion isn't that it is bad, but it just looks a bit too bright for me. Meh, either way I can adapt to it.

You should know my opinion on it by now Harry, I love it. The Fakemon are awesome Max, the scripting is great, and the unique mix of Game Freaks style and your own makes it very interesting. Hope it gets even better, then it will be brilliant!

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Meh yeah does it matter 3=
    Anyways, I like the Fakemon, they're nicely sprited. =] And the mapping is very nice, and I don't see errors in them Good luck on this Manny ^.^ Glad to see a new thread also ;]

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
    Awesome! ya got the new thread up! everything is great looking and i'm waiting with bated breath for this to be completed.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

Yes, I get the first post! Well, this hack looks awesome! It has everything! New storyline, professional fakemon, new tiles, good maps, etc.... Keep it going, Manipulation.

Thanks. :)

First post excluding the original posters post. I have been stalking the hacks showcase waiting for this xD
    The new tiles look good too, although I'm a bit iffy towards the new water. Overall, looks really good and I'm hoping to see the new beta soon :D

Edit: OMFG WHY AM I ALWAYS NINJA'D GRRRRR!!!!!

Thanks.

/me uses ninja stars n_n

Who really cares who got first post?!

Anyway, I agree about the water tile, except my opinion isn't that it is bad, but it just looks a bit too bright for me. Meh, either way I can adapt to it.

You should know my opinion on it by now Harry, I love it. The Fakemon are awesome Max, the scripting is great, and the unique mix of Game Freaks style and your own makes it very interesting. Hope it gets even better, then it will be brilliant!

Thanks. You're probably right about the palette but that's the best combination I can garner at the moment.

Meh yeah does it matter 3=
    Anyways, I like the Fakemon, they're nicely sprited. =] And the mapping is very nice, and I don't see errors in them Good luck on this Manny ^.^ Glad to see a new thread also ;]

Thanks. There's actually a string of errors on one screenshot and I'm waiting for someone to point them out. (Whoever does gets a beta testing spot.)

Updates:

Well, there's a reason that I've made the thread today and that's because I feel I'm finally working on Sienna actively enough for it to warrant a thread of its own. I don't want to spoil too much for Beta 3 but here's a graphical update:

I also have something that took me ages to do yesterday. This is just one part of the script; there's others that connect with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tETpv4nfGWI

Last edited:
    Years
    Updates:
    Well, there's a reason that I've made the thread today and that's because I feel I'm finally working on Sienna actively enough for it to warrant a thread of its own. I don't want to spoil too much for Beta 3 but here's a graphical update:

I also have something that took me ages to do yesterday. This is just one part of the script; there's others that connect with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tETpv4nfGWI
    inb4 broken youtube.

Anyway, looks really nice, Harry! The thread's got a nice design, the story is nice, the screenshots and new tiles work well and the scripts are epic.

I think I know which one is the wrong screen, too.

the credits still says the master. >:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Also, is it this screenshot?

It's got some incorrect tree shading (the only mistake I could find in all of the screenshots). Unless it's the little boy being in a tube nowhere near the beach (as far as I can see from that screen, at least).

the credits still says the master. >:

I think that screenshot is right, but another error is that the waterfall is missing that little ledge thing to connect the water edge with the mountain (it looks... off...) as well, adding to his report.

Also, can't you just make the water darker, in response to your reply?

Back