• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked Events

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I have to say that I really like your list of Events and those that are hacked, BUT...

How do you know that all those Events are Hacked? If someone was to check an Event they received and found it to be a HACK, that means that all of those with that same nature, date, ect.. are HACKED?

I don't see how you can make this justification. I can see you saying you need to keep an eye out for such hacks, but to say they ALL are hacks is a little over stated IMO.

Of course having dates, genders, natures that have never been released, then I would understand.

Or maybe I am just missing the reason why they are listed as HACKs, but in the sticky it says that darksteel88 has checked them and they came back as being a HACK. Again, because he was given a HACK we are to assume that ALL of them with that nature/date/ect.. are hacked?

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I have to say that I really like your list of Events and those that are hacked, BUT...

How do you know that all those Events are Hacked? If someone was to check an Event they received and found it to be a HACK, that means that all of those with that same nature, date, ect.. are HACKED?

I don't see how you can make this justification. I can see you saying you need to keep an eye out for such hacks, but to say they ALL are hacks is a little over stated IMO.

Of course having dates, genders, natures that have never been released, then I would understand.

Or maybe I am just missing the reason why they are listed as HACKs, but in the sticky it says that darksteel88 has checked them and they came back as being a HACK. Again, because he was given a HACK we are to assume that ALL of them with that nature/date/ect.. are hacked?

PC is technically not stating that they are all hacks, its just because these decisions were made to avoid major amount of hacked Pokemon for that specific event. And if you actually know how to read, Twilight Blade said that it was darksteel's friend, not him. PC already gives you a benefit of doubt, so even a Pokemon that looks completely legit but could be hacked can be traded.

Also, since your are just trading with a stranger who might live a million miles away from you, you wouldn't really know if it was obtained legitly, know would you? You would only know if the event was legit if you received it by yourself.

Furthermore, Im sure Twilight Blade and Shiny Umbreon has proof that those events are hacks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    PC is technically not stating that they are all hacks, its just because these decisions were made to avoid major amount of hacked Pokemon for that specific event. And if you actually know how to read, Twilight Blade said that it was darksteel's friend, not him. PC already gives you a benefit of doubt, so even a Pokemon that looks completely legit but could be hacked can be traded.

Also, since your are just trading with a stranger who might live a million miles away from you, you wouldn't really know if it was obtained legitly, know would you? You would only know if the event was legit if you received it by yourself.

Furthermore, Im sure Twilight Blade and Shiny Umbreon has proof that those events are hacks.

First off, I am not attacking you, so I would expect the same respect from you. If you cannot do that, then don't post.

I CAN read, thank you. To whom actually checked them, that is a mote point. There are many who can extract a save file from the game and then convert it to a .pkm file that can be checked if it real or a hack.

My question remains, how can one say that ALL of said events are hacks if they have been given a HACK?

I appreciate all the work that must have gone into making the lists of Events to which we CAN trade and the same goes for the HACKS.

(Angel Shaymin [/mute])

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    We're having grammar problems here. One of the most common, and typos are probably little to worry about, unless they're like, THAT bad.

Anyway...

Please restate your question. Because at this rate, no one will be able to provide an accurate answer by looking at this..

First off, I am misunderstanding what the whole "THAT bad" is in reference to. Why must everyone use attacks rather then just giving an anwser or asking for clarification? Don't we want to be mature here?

Secondly, the question is: If someone whom you trust is checking an Event which he has received and it comes up as a HACK, how can you say that ALL of the same Event is also a HACK?

Lets use a GF Psyduck. If I was to receive one of these in a trade and it has a curtain nature and date that is on the 'HACKED' list, how can you be sure it's a HACK? How do you know that the person for whom checked them had a correct copy of said Event?

Lets go the opposite of this. Lets say I check a TRU Manaphy with a Bold Nature and it has the date of 9/29/07. I do the whole extraction and turn it into a .pkm file that can be checked to be sure it's LEGIT. It comes back as being a HACK. So how do I decide that either I was GIVEN a HACK of that nature and date OR that every single one of them with a BOLD nature and a date of 9/29/07 is truely a HACK?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Believe me, I am trying my best to make you understand what I am asking.

Example:

"Other Miscellaneous Hacked Events:

GTS Psyducks:
    38793 - Ken - Mild - 8/22/07
    38793 - Ken - Quiet - 8/13/07
    38793 - Ken - Brave - 8/13/07
    38793 - Ken - Bold - 8/09/07
    38793 - Ken - Quiet - 8/13/07

53437 - Shigeki - Sassy - 8/16/07
    53437 - Shigeki - Bashful - 8/22/07
    53437 - Shigeki - Brave - 8/22/07
    53437 - Shigeki - Serious - 8/11/07

05458 - Junichi - Calm - 8/26/07
    05458 - Junichi - Calm - 8/25/07
    05458 - Junichi - Naughty - 8/9/07
    05458 - Junichi - Bold - 8/17/2007
    05458 - Junichi - Bashful - 8/17/07
    05458 - Junichi - Naughty - 8/9/07
    05458 - Junichi - Brave - 8/17/2007"

Lets use (38793 - Ken - Quiet - 8/13/07) for this explanation. I really don't know the correct date, but lets assume 8/13/07 was when this Event was going on.

Ok, now Darksteel's FRIEND gets one and uploads the data on it. It comes back as being a HACK job. But we know that having a Quiet nature is quite possible and the date is correct. So how do you make the call as to weather the pokemon itself was just a HACK or the entire nature/date are hacked?

If it was that the nature was never given out or date, then way isn't that listed instead of a specific pokemon?

You're doing the check to mainly ensure that it's legit. It comes back to say it's not legit. The date, the nature, doesn't matter. If it's a hacked pokemon, it's the pokemon itself, and nothing else. Why are you concerned with natures, anyway? o_O Bad natures aren't hacked, and I'm sure no one would be that way to give bad natured hacked pokemon. Unless it was a splash Palkia or a haxxed magikarp or something.

Since that specific pokemon came back hacked, then yes, you can be sure that others will be hacked, also. Others, correct me if I'm wrong.

How can you assume that the ENTIRE nature/date of an Event is HACKED just because someone decided to throw one together in pokesav? That's absurd. There most certainly is LEGIT ones going around.

Last edited:

BlueLunarAngel

Borg Queen In-Training
    Years
  • Sorry to bust in here, but where might I find the "hacked event listing" that's referred to in this thread?

Also, I think the general point that's trying to be made is that having the same natures/dates don't necessarily equal hacked, but rather that there's an immensely strong possibility that they are. So, unless you've equipped yourself with the means to adequately scan your received events, you must assume that they're hacked if they match the blacklisted description.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Sorry to bust in here, but where might I find the "hacked event listing" that's referred to in this thread?

Also, I think the general point that's trying to be made is that having the same natures/dates don't necessarily equal hacked, but rather that there's an immensely strong possibility that they are. So, unless you've equipped yourself with the means to adequately scan your received events, you must assume that they're hacked if they match the blacklisted description.

It part of the "Pokémon Events List - READ BEFORE TRADING EVENTS" list. It is the last post in the allowed Events.

This sticky is in the "Wireless Trade Corner" part of the forum. I wish I could just give you a link, but I tried and am not allowed.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Well I think Lunar stated it nicely... While we do have proof that at least one with the certain date/nature is hacked, we can't label EVERY single one like that as hacked.. Sorry for that but we "immensely" encourage that the one with your same date/nature could be the one that was checked to be hacked. Better be safe then sorry or you think not..? You want to take the risk and let some date/natures slide then because you think there's not a good chance of seeing that fake hack ever again? Same as with shiny Jirachi and whatnot. Because some people can't play fairly, we have to punish and disallow them all. So this all comes down to the traders and not the people who make the lists, hehe.

Anyways, PC does give benefit of doubt and you are welcome to trade it if you truly think the list of hacks is wrong. If you seriously had a problem with the list, you could have easily PM'd me about it. I nor the staff were responsible for the list's contents though; we just approved and added it. Unless I get pokesav myself, I can't check any events so I have to rely on pure knowledge or someone else to run tests for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Well I think Lunar stated it nicely... While we do have proof that at least one with the certain date/nature is hacked, we can't label EVERY single one like that as hacked.. Sorry for that but we "immensely" encourage that the one with your same date/nature could be the one that was checked to be hacked. Better be safe then sorry or you think not..? You want to take the risk and let some date/natures slide then because you think there's not a good chance of seeing that fake hack ever again? Same as with shiny Jirachi and whatnot. Because some people can't play fairly, we have to punish and disallow them all. So this all comes down to the traders and not the people who make the lists, hehe.

Anyways, PC does give benefit of doubt and you are welcome to trade it if you truly think the list of hacks is wrong. If you seriously had a problem with the list, you could have easily PM'd me about it. I nor the staff were responsible for the list's contents though; we just approved and added it. Unless I get pokesav myself, I can't check any events so I have to rely on pure knowledge or someone else to run tests for me.
    As TwilightBlade said, the list is just a suggestion. Some of these have been confirmed as hacks even if they may just be a copy of a real event. But remember that everything is for safety. Shiny Mew, for example, are rumored to exist, but there may be just a few. That's why they're not allowed.

However, all this is for the hacked events list. Members can decide whether or not to trade if they see those events or natures. However, the first two posts (the events list) IS a rule. Don't use that one as a suggestion because you'll get your posts edited or your threads closed. Just reminding.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Thank you. That is all I was looking for. I also have people with whom I trade with that can check Events. It's real hard to trade the Events that I KNOW (with a curtain amount of doubt) are legit. Then I get people telling me that they know it's a hack, because it's on PC's list.

I am ALL for minimizing the amount of HACKS out there. I have received quite a few in the short time that I have been collecting them. I don't even want to go into the shiny HACKS that I have had!

Thank you for maintaining such a GREAT list and also for taking the time to answer my question.

Randy

Last edited:

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
  • Listen, in the world, there are bad people, who use action replay and make exact clones of the pokemon you want. we don't know if its hacked or not and there is no way too tell, sadly. i hope one day they will, but if PC member finds a hack, they will report it asap to a mod, and they will get warned or banned under those circumstances.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Listen, in the world, there are bad people, who use action replay and make exact clones of the pokemon you want. we don't know if its hacked or not and there is no way too tell, sadly. i hope one day they will, but if PC member finds a hack, they will report it asap to a mod, and they will get warned or banned under those circumstances.

LOL. I don't think you quite understand what this thread is about.

BTW, HACKING and CLONING are not the same thing.

Back