• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked GBA Games

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I don't where else to ask this. Is it worth buying hacked Pokemon GBA games, like Naranja, Shiny Gold, Chaos Black, etc? Will they work?? Is it illegal?? Is it worth it??

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Why not just download the hacks on an emulator?
    This does seem like a bad place for this thread, I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going to move this to the Emulation section, cause I know it doesn't go here. I would assume it's not a good idea, though. Just download them, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Hacks like Chaos Black and Naranja were started but never completed. Shiny Gold too isn't complete, though it's updated regularly, the updates will only be of use to you if you are using an emulator (you can't update a cartridge). Besides, why pay for something that is available more easily, for free, and legally?

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    You don't 'buy' hacks, you download a rom, patch it then play it with an emulator, free o.o

raidenx2008

Beggining Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Who wants to waste $$$ to buy a GBA catridge with hack roms? I think you only?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Who wants to waste $$$ to buy a GBA catridge with hack roms? I think you only?

S**T

Nah just joking

What my sister does is uses a R4 Card

But she can play hacked DS games

Like pearl platinum and heartgold etc

It works but its better to play with emulator because if you have a problem you can deal with it straight away :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Alright, but one of my questions was: will it work?

Well, yes (well... depends), but why do you want one, when they can be got for free? By buying one, you would be enforcing the pirates into ripping people off, and more hackerswork would be stolen, and more people would be sold games that end quickly.

Shiny Shaymin

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Don't tell me: "Why buy one if you can get it for free?" I already know I can get it free.
    Can someone please tell me whether or not it will properly work in my GBA or DS? And also, will it save properly?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Don't tell me: "Why buy one if you can get it for free?" I already know I can get it free.
    Can someone please tell me whether or not it will properly work in my GBA or DS? And also, will it save properly?

Well, why do you want to know?

Should work in a GBA or DS, as for saving, that does depend, as some do, some do weird stuff, like deleting saves, or not saving.

I want to buy one so I can play hacked games anywhere, instead f just on my PC.

Wait, DO NOT buy a hacked game from a store or whatever, as they are illegally made, and aren't worth it. By a flashcard instead, as they can play any hack you put on them (and you can put any on them), and do not fund pirates. They do work, and if they don't, you can ask us for help on how to fix it, unlike hacked cartridges.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited:

Shiny Shaymin

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    New question: if you can't buy hacked GBA games, is there any other way to play them on a GBA?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    New question: if you can't buy hacked GBA games, is there any other way to play them on a GBA?

I just said: Buy a flashcart thing. People buy these for playing hacks on GBA/DS. it is just above your post. Google flashcart (or is it flashcard... One or the other), and see what comes up.

EDIT: It is Flashcarts. R4DS is a good DS one apparently. As for GBA, you can search.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

I just said: Buy a flashcart thing. People buy these for playing hacks on GBA/DS. it is just above your post. Google flashcart (or is it flashcard... One or the other), and see what comes up.

EDIT: It is Flashcarts. R4DS is a good DS one apparently. As for GBA, you can search.

DS flash carts should be able to run GBA games as well, I thought. You can get a decent flash cart anywhere from $20-30 USD, so it's not a bad price considering you could download ROMs online (although illegally).

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Its only legal to download a rom hack if you all ready own the game.For example its only legal to download Chaos Black if you own Fire Red.

Im pretty sure what I just said is true but not 100 percent more like 95 percent sure :P

I hope I helped!.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • hmmm, me I have got a wire able to connect GBA to the PC and I managed to put a hacked game on a GBA cartridge(is it called like this? I'm bad in english^^), you must just find the right wire........
    because you can't find a cartridge with already a hacked version on it, if yes than it was done the same as me only you will need to buy it.......

so download the hacked version and put it on a gameboy cartridge(don"t forget to delete the original game which is on the cartridge when putting the new) (and also it is better to put a FR hack on a original FR cartridge or Ruby hack on Ruby cartridge, it is more sure)

.........I think I forgot to say something else very important.....but what??
    I did it already very long ago so I don't remember any more -_-'
    well I'l try again and say then how you should do it that it should work......

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    BTW its not like it matters though if you download hacked roms with out having the original game anway.I mean honestly whoes gunna know you dont have the orginal game? Im not saying I download hacks with out having the original Im just saying no one would know pretty much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    buying a hacked gba rom is really a bad idea in many ways.. pretty much all of the "bought" hacked roms i borrow from my friends, the saves dont work. secondly you can just download them and run them on an emulator on ur computer. and if you do buy or download them, getting caught should be the last thing on youre mind, you should be worrying about viruses. only go on safe looking sites. also you CANNOT run gba games on a ds flashcard, however ive heard theyre working on a card with such capabilities, even though months before they said it wasnt possible.. oh, and from personal experience "dont trust torrents", well thats just my oppinion.. hope i helped?

Back