• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hacked Pokemon on the GTS

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Does it make you mad when you trade away a Pokemon on the GTS that you worked hard on training, only receiving a hacked Pokemon for it?

Like for example, I traded away my Dialga, an in exchange I received a Lv.100 Toxicroak. I was really happy, until I realized that this Pokemon was caught using an Action Replay...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    It just seems cheapened and so clearly not "real" (like they're real to begin with). You trade away something you spent some time on to get a Toxicroak caught in Victory Road. How gay is that? I don't want to see that every time I open up its page. Especially if it was caught in a master ball.

ElementalKrack

Scizor Snipper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    I got scammed a shiny LEGIT Uxie for a Level 100 Shiny Giratina (Origin), but, it was hacked, and it was also from Platinum.

Arceus10000

Radical Battical
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 21, 2020
    I dont think its a big deal
    Its still a pokemon
    Its just not worth as much lol

Years
    I don't trade high levelled Pokémon on GTS, level 30 is the max. Then you're almost certain of getting a legit Pokémon (mostly one that's untouched).
    But I know it should be frustrating when you get a Pokémon, hacked in a few seconds, for your legit Pokémon, which you trained for hours.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I've never liked cheat devices.

Why should you spend hours and hours catching and training your Pokémon to fulfil a trade - and maybe even chaining for shinies - when someone else is going to sit there for five minutes with a cheat device to get the same result? It just doesn't seem right.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Does it make you mad when you trade away a Pokemon on the GTS that you worked hard on training, only receiving a hacked Pokemon for it?

Like for example, I traded away my Dialga, an in exchange I received a Lv.100 Toxicroak. I was really happy, until I realized that this Pokemon was caught using an Action Replay...

Why would you trade a Dialga for a Toxicroak... anyway yer I would be angry... but at the end of the day a Pokemon is a Pokemon.

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
    Thats why i hardly use the GTS, i normaly only put up my breedables for trade, that way if i get hacks in return (i still would feel cheated) but it isnt realy a big lose as it doesnt take much time to breed, rather then hours and hours of training

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I wont trade a Pokemon that I worked really hard on, the GTS but if I did, its just a piece of data, big deal you can get another piece. Its not like the Pokemon is actually real, so it doesn't matter

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    so theres no way to tell if it has been hacked except for it having a high level, meaning it has a big chance that it wasnt trained to LVL.100

and it kinda looks different after you got it? and if it shows that its in a master ball?

BOOO GTS, wheres the fun in the game wen u have the cheat device?

if i had such a device i dont even think id pick up my DS ever again.

Mingo

Event hunter!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    ive never got a hacked pokemon from GTS ive only traded 3 poke on it and the 3 poke ive got back are legit

but i would get pretty mad if i did get a hacked poke next time XD but it is just a game i guess :)

Back